5.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money for the not so serious hi-fi enthusiast
Published on 17 July 2011 by Red Martin

3.0 out of 5 stars Good price
Arrived safely, in one piece and on time. Good value for money. I've played a couple of CD's on it so far, but it hasn't made me say WOW yet. I used to have an all-in-one Aiwa box and I ca't tell the difference.
Published 1 month ago by D. Carbott

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money for the not so serious hi-fi enthusiast, 17 July 2011
This review is from: Teac CD-P650 CD Player - Black (Electronics)
The TEAC CDP650 CD player is a very good basic CD separate with more than adequate performance for someone like me who wants better quality sound than the average all in one box type unit but cannot afford the kind of kit the more discerning hi-fi enthusiasts shell out big bucks for. I have my CDP650 playing through a Rotel RA-931 amp and a pair of Q Acoustics 2010 speakers and, as far as I'm concerned, the sound is excellent. The CPD650 also has the added benefit of a USB input socket and is a great way of playing your iPod/iPhone music collection through your hi-fi system for superior sound quality than the average iPod speaker dock. I would definitely recommend this unit as good value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thats so much better, 15 Jan 2011
This review is from: Teac CD-P650 CD Player - Black (Electronics)
I had a teac amplifier that will work 4 sets of speakers in different rooms but I made the mistake of buying cd hardrive of a diifferent make. I always wondered why I had to turn the volume up to a very high number for it to give off any reasonable sound.

I then saw this model which was cd and we could plug in the iphone and took a chance to see if it would improve things. What a diiference in the sound its amazing, with either a cd or the iphone.

The 2 teac units look really good with one on top of the other and the sound is clear and strong, we are very happy with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Teac, 1 Jan 2011
This review is from: Teac CD-P650 CD Player - Black (Electronics)
A damm good peice of gear and produces a really good sound I have been a Yamaha addict for years and I might just be converted to look at others in the light of what I have found with this CD player.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality separate CD player model CD-P650 with iPod facility, 13 Mar 2013
This review is from: Teac CD-P650 CD Player - Black (Electronics)
I bought this TEAC cd player to replace an elderly Technics which had started to skip.I wanted a player of this size which would also play files from my iPod and this model fitted my requirements. In general I have been pleased with it's performance the sound quality is good which should to be expected with the 8x oversampling and 3 beam laser. However it does not have a memory for playing cd tracks and always returns to the start of the disc if it is stopped or turned off, Most cd players now have a memory and I have found this a useful function. Also although it says it plays MP3 files it does not recognise my Creative Zen and when I queried this with the retailer he said it only functioned with an iPod so it seems the information was wrong certainly for this model.. One tip which might be useful is that when I set up the player the remote would't work, it was absolutely dead it transpired that a small switch on the back should be set to "single system" in remote control box and then it worked fine. Incidentally I haven't used the record function and I am unlikely to.Finally my Technics had a limited volume control via the remote the TEAC model doesn't have this facility which I found useful. All in all though I consider this model good value for money providing you don't pay full price!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent addition to your home stereo setup!!, 1 Aug 2011
This review is from: Teac CD-P650 CD Player - Black (Electronics)
This is an excellent CD player for the money. I consider myself to be a budding Hi-Fi enthusiast (read: not so keen to splash the cash around willly nilly) and have a decent sized CD collection so I owed it to myself to purchase a dedicated CD player. I used to play my CDs through a DVD player in the years past and recently via my PS3. I have a pretty decent pairing of a NAD C320BEE stereo amplifire and Wharfedale Diamond 8.1 speakers resting on custom made speaker stands. I looked around the market for dedicated CD players (admittedly there aren't as many choices as one might think) and demoed a few as well. I finally came accross this TEAC player which seemed perfect for my needs. I have a large part of my music collection in mp3s and so a USB input was a must. So I bit the bullet and got myself one of these babies.

My verdict so far, a superb player for the money! I was impressed with the look and feel of this player and it looks just great stacked up with the amp. Very stable too and was impressed with the rock solid transport as well. Noise levels are acceptable and I could not make out any intrusions to music heard at lower than average volumes. The display is great although I could do with a wider screen (or a smaller font) to fit more text but that is just nitpicking!

I previously played my mp3s through a phono jack connected between my amp and mp3 player. Now I just plug in my thumb drive and play the songs directly off the player with the upside of using the player's DAC to process the files. The TEAC does not support my dinosaur of an mp3 player (the Creative Zen Vision M 30 gig - brilliant player that has served me well for over half a decade) but as long as I can plug in my thumb drive to play the mp3s, thats fine by me. I like the fact that the player displays folder names while navigating the thumb drive (although for some strange reason it does not display folders in alphabetical order). What I don't like is the remote control design/layout which is totally non-intuitive and hard to operate in low light coditions, but that again is nitpicking. Hope this is compatible with the Logitech Harmony universal remote :)

Right, onto the main feature, the CD player itself. As I said a very solid transport along with a high quality 1 bit DAC makes the music come to life. There is a noticeable difference between playing my CDs through the PS3/DVD player and the TEAC. Admittedly, my ears aren't the most well trained, but to me it just sounded 'right'. And that makes it perfect for my needs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, 2 April 2013
This review is from: Teac CD-P650 CD Player - Black (Electronics)
Can't recommend this highly enough, a bargain for the price. It plays cd's that used to skip on other machines and the quality of the sound through my 30 year old amp is excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars very good CD player, 16 Jan 2013
This review is from: Teac CD-P650 CD Player - Black (Electronics)
it came on time, and it was just as I needed ......this cd player is a killer............ so balanced and clear sound.........better than expected.

5.0 out of 5 stars Price=Quality?, 24 Aug 2011
This review is from: Teac CD-P650 CD Player - Black (Electronics)
They say you get what you pay for - well, yes sometimes that's true, but not in this instance.

I had a choice of either buying a portable MP3 player or this and use music from my USB dirve - I chose this and I'm really glad I did. The sound quality is excellent.

OK, it won't please the 'REAL' music buff, but then a real music buff isn't likely to own a CD player, more likely a Linn record deck.

So if you want good quality sound at a bargain price, buy this little sucker and you won't be disappointed!

4.0 out of 5 stars very good, 4 April 2011
Z. Dimitrovski "Zak" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Teac CD-P650 CD Player - Black (Electronics)
I am very happy with this product, nice clear sound plus USB and Ipod connection make this product even better.

4.0 out of 5 stars just what I need, 4 Feb 2013
This review is from: Teac CD-P650 CD Player - Black (Electronics)
A solid no frills CD player that will appeal to anyone looking for an above average system at a competitive price. Only thing that takes getting used to is that the CD player is on, when the red (power) light is off, and off when the red light is on…Too early to tell how reliable it will be.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›