on 24 March 2011
An incredible man, incredible life and incredible achievements. This book is an absolute must read. Totally inspiring and written brilliantly, this book is utterly compelling and had me avidly consuming every moment like it was a fond personal memory of my own. The reader is totally transported with every word and every page. I cannot recommend it highly enough and Tony Fitzjohn is a man who deserves all the accolades with which he has been bestowed and more. We have a lot to learn from him.
on 5 March 2011
Having read Born Free, Living Free and Forever Free as a teenager i wondered how much i would enjoy Born Wild by Tony Fitzjohn, George Adamson's apprentice lion trainer. It was brilliant. Another view of the story of Africa, after Elsa, and the politics that has held back Africa from making the most of its natual resources.
Born Wild: The Extraordinary Story of One Man's Passion for Lions and for Africa.
on 15 April 2012
I used to live in the house at the bottom of his garden in Cockfosters, and played with him and his sister, so was really interested in how Tony has got on. This is a really interesting read despite there being a lot of African names to remember throughout the book. Harrowing at times but one really gets the feel of the struggle George and he had. They achieved so much with so little. Quite humbling. Well done to him and his family and good luck for the future.
on 17 November 2014
Amazing book
on 22 July 2014
a good read
on 13 June 2014
Wildlife is so important not just now but for future generations..the passion in this book is amazing and we should all learn from this and help where we can.
on 14 January 2013
This was bought for my husband who enjoyed the book. It was a very moving and very real story. We have holidayed in Africa so could understand with all that went on.
Would recommend to all wildlife enthusiasts, some upsetting moments.
on 19 September 2011
I fully enjoyed this book. I admire Fitzjohn for his achievements in the face of adversity.
This book makes you see wild life in a new light. I strongly recommend that you read it.
on 6 October 2013
A great story, well told. An amazing man continuing to lead a life well lived. My husband and I both really enjoyed this book and I'm sure you will too.
on 21 May 2011
An absolutely riveting read! Well written. The first book I have ever started reading again as soon as I finished it!