5.0 out of 5 stars Best Antivirus on the Market
Published on 25 Oct 2010 by Mannie

Published on 22 Mar 2011 by Trevor Willsmer

1.0 out of 5 stars It didn't slow my computer down - it stopped it dead in its tracks, 22 Mar 2011
Trevor Willsmer (London, England) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Vipre Premium, Protects 1 PC for the PC's Lifetime (PC) (CD-ROM)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The Vipre Antivirus Premium program has a great selling point - antivirus software that doesn't require costly annual licence renewals and doesn't slow your computer down like Norton. If only it didn't stop mine dead in its tracks. Initial installation wasn't as smooth as it could be, with the instant upgrades reducing the Windows shortcut to an empty shell that did nothing when clicked on, least of all opening the program. But, after uninstalling and reinstalling without the upgrades, it seemed that it did indeed do just what it said on the packet. The quick scan (around 22 minutes) and the Deep Root Scan (three-four hours) ran without affecting any other programs. They didn't pick up any threats, but maybe there weren't any on the computer. The problem started when I tried to use the computer some six hours later: in the interim it had clearly decided that the best way to protect the computer was to prevent those pesky humans from using it.

Without exception, every program was running slow - incredibly slow. 10 minutes to open a Windows page. 20 minutes to open an internet page (not a firewall issue, since even after filter settings were changed it took forever just to open the browser) and you can forget about clicking on links. Then it simply stopped opening them at all. Pages simply froze or you'd find yourself looking at a white screen. (NB - although Vipre admit the system runs slower if you have another antivirus program installed, it ran this slowly after I'd uninstalled the Panda system I was using). The uninstall instructions were simple enough, but having slowed the computer down to a grinding halt the pages simply wouldn't load or would simply freeze, necessitating reboot after reboot to try and get rid of it. Yes, there is free customer support, but the phone line is no good out of hours and if you can't log onto the net the online help is no help ether. Two hours later, when it was finally uninstalled, everything was back to normal running speeds.

I'd relied on Panda Global Protection before, but the expensive annual upgrades were a problem that this seemed an attractive solution to, but now I'm back with Panda for now. Maybe the system works without any of these problems on newer computers (though mine far exceeded the minimum specs), but sadly after a promising start this simply stopped my computer in its tracks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Antivirus on the Market, 25 Oct 2010
Having used a good number of anti-virus over the years recommended by the IT technician and Computer Sales Man. I have found a winner in Vipre Premium. Not only is it for life (which saves a lot money- good thing in this current economic climate)its easy to install and has improved the performance of my computer. Updates do not slow down my computer at all, I also get worldwide threat levels unlike previous anti-viruses that I have used in the past.

I would recommend anyone who would like a reliable, affordable, quick to install anti-virus to try it out and be converted as I am. Really happy with the results.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best on the market, 1 Aug 2011
J Roberts (Winchester ,Hants, Eng) - See all my reviews
I've been looking for a new PC security program for several months now and since my trial with Mcafee ended I've been trying trials to see which one suits me best.I tried BitDefender 2011 after reading reviews about it and it was the best one around. However after only 10 days of a 30 day trial I decided to try another one. This was because as much as BitDefender is a good security program it slowed my computer down considerably compared to when I was using Mcafee so I decided it needed to change.

I read reviews on several others and like them all, they offer anti-virus,spy-ware,firewall etc. I came across Vipre and it was supposed to be the fastest one on the market. I downloaded a 15 day trial and was pleased. The speed of my pc was dramatically improved and It protected my computer from every threat going. I was still crossed between going back to Mcafee as I had used it and did like Mcafee which is a very good pc security program. However after two years of renewing Mcafee Vipre's lifetime pc protection won me over and I haven't looked back since.

Vipre's lifetime pc warranty and the fact that it did not slow down my pc were the main winners as I knew from the trial that it was a competent anti-virus/firewall so I knew it could do the job just like many other pc security programs.

I think that Vipre is missing one feature that I felt it needed as some of its competitors do have it. The feature is an live active web filter which can be found with Mcafee. This feature was a bonus and nearly did see me purchasing Mcafee again. This feature for those who are un-ware of its importance is essentially a program that filters out all the websites that you search for when on the internet. On Mcafee it lists them with a green or red tick next to them which is self explanatory. The green tick means the website is safe and the red tick means its not safe. This certainly offers a greater scope of protection and means that you can see which websites are safe before you even click on them.

Overall I think that Vipre Premium Pack is one of the best on the market and has added features and perks that make it a very competent security suite. The pc lifetime warrenty which for me means that Vipre will run out on my pc in 2031 and the fact that it does not burn a hole in my system resources means that it certainly is a very good purchase and I recommend it to any one that is looking for a competent and reliable security pack.

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, 2 Dec 2013
I purchased this 4 years ago and its worked for me.So I must say it has been a very good purchase for me saving me £40.00 a year on my previous anti virus and any way you look at that it must be good.

4.0 out of 5 stars ...bargain antvirus package..., 29 April 2011
Mr. H "Mr H" (Embra) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Really! An antivirus and antispyware package that lives as long as your PC. Seems too good to be true. Now, obviously, it's a bit soon in the day to see whether that promise is as good as it sounds. After all, companies come and go, but as sales tools go, it's a good one.

And so far, things are going swimmingly. It installed without any fuss or bother, doesn't hog system resources, and works in an unobtrusive manner. Although you may have to tinker a bit when you're surfing the internet, as it the "blocked by Vipre" screen appears on some legitimate sites.

The quick scan is exactly that, and the deep scan I carried out after installing took about 4 hours, but certainly seemed to be thorough. Hopefully, the company will keep going, because this seems like a real bargain, next to the annual renewal model of other companies.

1.0 out of 5 stars Old Stock-Do not Buy!, 21 April 2012
Too good to be true at the price and it was ! No problem installing until it came to updating which it would not do. I phoned the Vipre helpline and was told the best way to update was to uninstall this version and download a much newer version which of course would have cost money.Of course I returned it to amazon with no problems my advise in future is to purchase the newest version available.

5.0 out of 5 stars Effortless, 21 April 2011
All of them Witches (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A really very good antivirus and antispyware package. Dead easy to install with one disc and a short booklet of which I only had to glance at the first paragraph dealing with installing.
I did initially try out the 15 day free trial to see how it worked and it was very unintrusive with only occasional slight pauses in loading some sites/pages as opposed to slow-down.
I noticed on my hotmail email account that it does block the ads that are normally displayed at the side of the page, overkill perhaps but only likely to affect those who may use these random ads to access sites. Quite often there will be displayed a 'blocked by Vipre' tag where ads etc should be, I think this is a pretty asthetic application and have not thus far had any blocking of pages, sites at all.
The fact that it is a one off buy that doesn't need renewal is fantastic and I would definately recommend it on this basis. The quick scan is very quick, a matter of minutes though I have not yet completed a deep scan as it was still going 2 and a half hours later though these scans don't impair the speed or useage of the pc at all. I have since transferred from the trial to the real thing which didn't require any additional loading at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product!, 3 Nov 2010
I have been waiting for this product before I installed an antivirus on my laptop.
Its ingenious. I install it once on my laptop and I never have to worry about renewing my subscription again! Not like the other antivirus products out there, where you pay x amount for the product and then have to carry on paying each year!

I used to run Norton which made my laptop run slow, I could never do anything while Norton's updates were running. It was a nightmare.
Not I'm running VIPRE, I can watch Eastenders on iplayer at the same time, it's so quick, I can tell you now that NEVER happened with my last software. I heard of VIPRE from GFI because I remembered GFI were one of the only companies to detect the iloveyou virus, which made me think this product will also keep me protected.

My granddad has just started using the internet, this AV will be great for him, he will never have to worry about renewing it.

Thanks VIPRE for creating a product that I never have to renew, will keep me safe and also allows me to use my laptop how I should without slowing it down.

1.0 out of 5 stars Sting in the tail!, 22 Mar 2011
Uncle Barbar (Essex, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Seemed to be working really well until I came to my computer one day and the Vipre firewall was gone – don't know how long for – because there was some sort of 'malfunction'. I have never, in all the history of using PC software, had any firewall suddenly disappear on me. I was really appalled by this and immediately uninstalled the software. Shan't be chancing anything by Viper again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic package, 21 April 2011
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've tried many anti-virus packages, but none have been as user-friendly nor as comprehensive as Vipre Premium. Even the installation process is a breeze compared to resource hogs like Norton etc. It's very easy to customise your settings and even for total newbs the interface is so clear, and the accompanying guides and advice so generous, that you won't feel at all baffled or blinded by science. It's lovely to have found a package that I doubt I'll need to think about exchanging - and, as a bonus, this appears to be working well on two laptops I have, so I think the license must be for one user rather than one PC. Highly recommended.

Vipre Premium, Protects 1 PC for the PC's Lifetime (PC)
Vipre Premium, Protects 1 PC for the PC's Lifetime (PC) by GFI Software (Windows 2000 / 7 / Vista / XP)
Out of stock