on 8 October 2012
This toy is total tat! Bought it for my 3 year old niece, who loved it initially. However, it says it's a bubble blower, but doesn't come with any bubble liquid. The parts are small and poorly made and the mermaid doll is tiny. It looks cheap and plasticy. Just going to end up in the bottom of the toy box. Rubbish! I would suggest investing in the mermaid bubble blower which is half the price and much more durable and fun.
on 6 September 2013
I bought this for my daughters 5th birthday, I was dissapointed as the boat sinks straight away, (my daughter getting fed up with it now) the slide doesnt stay on so my daughter has now took it off. Its not worth the money as I paid 20.00!! The fountain does work which is the only good thing about it. Rip off!!!
on 15 February 2013
this item was a huge disappointment - might be OK for anyone with a mini lake in their garden to give it the space it would need to work well! The fountain is about all that works ok for in the bath. Its noisy, heavy and cumbersome and soon fills up with water therefore not giving the boat chance to fulfill its purpose. Batteries run out so fast and the bubble machine - well not managed to get that to work.
on 22 April 2013
its cheap quality (but not cheap to buy) didnt work correctly, within a day my daughter decided it was naff and we couldnt agree more. binned after a week.
on 19 January 2013
Bought this for my 4 year old daughter. She absolutely loves it and can't wait for bath time. Creates lots of imaginary play. From an adult point of view I think it is expensive and doesn't really do much. Also we have been putting new batteries in daily. They were only cheap batteries but the boat would work one bath time then the next day nothing. My daughter loves the fountain feature but the bubble feature is disappointing. Would be better if it blew bubbles in the air like the water instead of a trail of bubbles behind it. A bit pointless really as you don't see them if you already have bubble bath in the water. Still gave it 5 stars though as I have rated it from my daughter's point of view and she thinks it is fantastic - that's what counts.
on 22 March 2014
I don't recommend this product. I bought it as a Christmas present and couldn't wait for my daughter to open it, however on first use it was a total disappointment.
First time my daughter used it it just keeled over and looked very sad.
Tried it a couple more times, doesn't stay upright for long and the 'fountains' are just tiny spurts of water.
Total waste of money in my opinion.
on 10 February 2013
Really great bath time fun. Only thing id say is the battery's do not last a long time.
Brilliant product for the bath.
on 1 March 2014
This is the first time I have written a review, but wanted to stop future disappointment. My daughter was so excited to get this for Christmas but nothing functions properly. It sinks almost immediately, the fountain works sometimes if you are there permanently holding the boat up, so you just get soaked all the time, which is the only time my daughter enjoyed this toy! The bubble function is pointless especially if you have a Bubble bath and the little parts, including the doll are tiny and fall off easily and get lost in the bath. The slide doesn't stay on so again sinks and is lost. It's very heavy and cumbersome, not good for the bath. My daughtsr got fed up with this very quickly so I took it back to Sainsburys and got my money back. Phew, feel better now!
on 5 July 2012
My step daughter loves this toy, she plays with it everywhere Especially in the bath, it isvery durable too creates a lot of imaginary play
on 11 March 2014
Very disappointing. This is a battery operated bath toy but ours was not watertight, within a month all the insides had rusted and the whole thing stopped working. I have returned it for a refund and have a very disappointed 5 year old.