on 31 July 2011
I needed a pack ready for the Yorkshire Three Peaks which I am training up for. My previous pack had got damaged.

I was impressed by how light this pack is and even with 3 litres of water and coat and fleece and... well everything else you end up having to take onto a British hill, it still felt light. It was extremely comfortable even on my first training walk with it, which was 14 miles with a waterfall climb and some good ascents and descents. In fact I can say this is the best harness system I have ever used. At the end of the hike I felt no ill effects from it.

I did carefully go through the manual that came with the pack when I first got it home and made all the adjustments required which must have helped. It was very stable and even when I jumped around it didn't move around much. It is nice and compact and so doesn't catch as easily as other packs and the straps have a nifty system to keep them from flapping around.

The only minor niggle was it got sopping wet with sweat at the bottom (it was mid to high 20C's and little if no breeze on the hill) but because it was so comfortable putting it back on after a break was no difficulty!

I used another manufacturers water system but because of the quality of their pack and how well thought out all the parts of it are I may get their own which will then just slide in.
on 2 October 2013
Only 4 stars because your back gets a bit sweaty so they need to improve the ventilation but not a big issue. I bought the integral hydration unit and it is well worth it.
on 17 February 2014
This backpack is great for MTB.
it fits well to your back, and its not in the way in any kind.