5.0 out of 5 stars A superb pack for day walks, 31 July 2011
P. J. Matthews (Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Osprey Talon 22 Pack (Sports)
I needed a pack ready for the Yorkshire Three Peaks which I am training up for. My previous pack had got damaged.

I was impressed by how light this pack is and even with 3 litres of water and coat and fleece and... well everything else you end up having to take onto a British hill, it still felt light. It was extremely comfortable even on my first training walk with it, which was 14 miles with a waterfall climb and some good ascents and descents. In fact I can say this is the best harness system I have ever used. At the end of the hike I felt no ill effects from it.

I did carefully go through the manual that came with the pack when I first got it home and made all the adjustments required which must have helped. It was very stable and even when I jumped around it didn't move around much. It is nice and compact and so doesn't catch as easily as other packs and the straps have a nifty system to keep them from flapping around.

The only minor niggle was it got sopping wet with sweat at the bottom (it was mid to high 20C's and little if no breeze on the hill) but because it was so comfortable putting it back on after a break was no difficulty!

I used another manufacturers water system but because of the quality of their pack and how well thought out all the parts of it are I may get their own which will then just slide in.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable light and practical, 22 April 2014
Marcus (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Osprey Talon 22 Pack (Sports)
Osprey and Macpac are the two best brands of rucksack, unless you want to pay silly money. Osprey are good for someone like me who wants lightness and comfort, though they are nothing like as tough as Macpac.

Although this is only a small daypack, it can be extended to fit accurately, with the hip belt resting correctly. I am 5ft 10 and the S/M is right at the upper end of its adjustment range. I recommend you read the sizing instructions on the Osprey website, as getting the right size is important.

Lots of handy pockets on the hip belt and shoulder straps, with a clip for a bike helmet. Nowhere really for an ice axe, though I used the clip for walking poles with the head of the axe at the top and the point in the side pocket, which worked ok; I think two technical axes would be too much for this pack. Fits an Osprey hydration pack, though there are handy pockets at the sides that hold half litre water bottles nicely. There is a slide-in pocket at the back which is perfect for holding a map or guide book, which you can get at without taking the pack off, so long as it is not raining.

The pack is not totally waterproof, though good enough to keep my stuff dry in a short rainstorm.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great backpack for MTB, 17 Feb 2014
This review is from: Osprey Talon 22 Pack (Sports)
This backpack is great for MTB.
it fits well to your back, and its not in the way in any kind.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit, 31 Dec 2013
Karl Hansen (Norway) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Osprey Talon 22 Pack (Sports)
Bought this for my daughter who is size xs perfect fit and very practical . It is in dayly use.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great pack good quality very light all you need for 2-3 day trips., 2 Oct 2013
This review is from: Osprey Talon 22 Pack (Sports)
Only 4 stars because your back gets a bit sweaty so they need to improve the ventilation but not a big issue. I bought the integral hydration unit and it is well worth it.

Osprey Talon 22 - Rucksacks