5.0 out of 5 stars Superb!
In my opinion, the Timex Ironman Global Trainer is the top of the spot for which concerns multi-sport cardio GPS tools.
Large display, lightweight, full functions, good price. GPS is extremely precise. TOP!
Published on 10 July 2012 by Manno77

3.0 out of 5 stars Not great for the price
First let me say I'm not a triathlete, so I only use this for running. If you want a detailed review there's plenty elsewhere.

I've given this 3 stars because when it works it does what I'd expect it to do - tells me where I've been, how far, how fast, heart rate etc.

But it has some really annoying features.

1. If you switch it on and...
Published on 27 July 2011 by PaulB

3.0 out of 5 stars Not great for the price, 27 July 2011

But it has some really annoying features.

1. If you switch it on and then don't start the activity for a number of minutes it switches off - saves power I guess, but if you're waiting for the start of a race annoying at best.

2. So you press start and mostly it starts - 3 stars, but occasionally it's lost signal (maybe you had that final trip to the toilet).
At this point it informs you it doesn't have a GPS signal and asks if you want to start the timer anyway. Actually no, I'll ask the starter to get everyone back and we'll all wait while I get a GPS signal.

3. And if you do decide to start it without signal it'll take about 2 miles before it picks one up - just doesn't like fixing on a moving target I guess.

4. What happens when it loses signal when you're running? It just starts measuring from where it gets the signal back. A garmin will assume you've travelled in a straight line between the place of the last signal and the place the signal is regained, which seems a much better solution.

Oh, and the Garmin 310XT will give you a UK grid ref which could save you're life when you're lost out on the fells.
So come on Timex catch up. And maybe get someone to actually test these things.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great companion in every activity, 4 May 2014
Good GPS module, user-friendly display easy to switch between types of sports, reliable calories count algorithm, data files ease to export however pity that it takes external converter for Endomondo or Strava.
Light weight, firm wrist strap.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb!, 10 July 2012
This review is from: Timex Ironman GPS Global Trainer Watch With HRM (Sports)

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Good, 23 May 2012
N. Hone (Uk) - See all my reviews
Brought this watch but sadly it is going back. It takes ages to connect to GPS, I was out running and after 10mins it froze and I had to reset the watch and lost the evidence of beating a PB. I used it to day to cycle to work and back, on the way there it froze and again on the way home,Both workouts data is lost.

Sadly the watch is just not reliable! dam shame as when it is working it is fantastic.

4.0 out of 5 stars Timex Global trainer, 11 Feb 2012
This review is from: Timex Ironman GPS Global Trainer Watch With HRM (Sports)
Excellent product, easily used and has given me a reason to exercise again. The ability to switch from training type to another is very useful.

Timex Ironman T5K444 Unisex Speed Distance Monitor