5.0 out of 5 stars This is seriously tiny & unobtrusive
This is TINY & as far as I can tell, looks very well put together.

It's the first time I've come across any 12v adapter (usb or otherwise) which doesn't have a big, sticking-out bit. This is both a good & bad - good from my point-of-view in that it's discreet; bad if you're less dextrous & need something more than the small circular "lip" to grip onto to pull...
Published on 30 Jan 2012 by Nothern Climes

1.0 out of 5 stars Causes car radio interference
Afraid this charger is no use to me. It causes my car radio to loose reception. Also, the build quality is poor - the flange near the top (used to remove the charger from the 12v socket) is only half attached. Not pleased with this purchase.
Published 22 months ago by Tim

1.0 out of 5 stars Causes car radio interference, 11 Sep 2012

1.0 out of 5 stars rubbish, 19 April 2013
smoked and almost set fire to my car on 2nd use. all other similar devices before and since have been fine.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 4 Jun 2012
This review is from: Griffin Compact Dual USB Car Charger for Mobiles, MP3 and Others, 1 Amp (Electronics)
This product is too small to fit in both my cig lighter socket and my dedicated 12v socket in my Pro'ceed.

Works intermittently in my wife's Meriva.

Rubbish.

3.0 out of 5 stars okay when genuine, 8 Nov 2012
muddy9mtb "J" (South Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
WARNING To guarantee the genuine article only purchase direct from Amazon!!!...not a reseller, a fake is easy to spot as pointed out in the pictures above (no packing, poor quality plastics with bad joints, poor logo printing, generally poor finishing all over) the genuine article has welded joints (not clipped), clearly printed logos and CE mark (no over print or blurring) and sealed packaging. I had 2 devices to plug into this but only one charges okay...darn..the smartphone ignores it..considering the work around - which didn't work? either my soldering is poor or just didn't work? either way it's no use with my android phones.

1.0 out of 5 stars CAREFUL IF YOU'VE GOT A CAR DAB, 29 Oct 2012
P. LEWIS "paul-lewis" (UK) - See all my reviews
This is a weird one. These chargers clearly induce some electrical interference (making the CE mark questionable).

We have 3 cars fitted with DAB radio. 2 Volvo V70s - one with an Alpine DAB adaptor, the other with a Volvo factory DAB and a VW Polo with a Sony DAB.

I ordered 4 of these chargers doe our iPhones and Blackberrys and put one in the cigar lighter of each car on the same day.

I noticed a drop in DAB signal in my Volvo that I thought was a BBC fault. After a couple of days I even emailed the BBC complaining about the reduced signal in my area. Then my wife said "what's wrong with DAB in my car? FM is fine." Still I didn't link it to these chargers,

Then our son said "why can't I get 6Music in the Polo?"

Still, I thought this a transmitter problem.

Then, sitting in a car park, frustrated with the "no signal" display on my car DAB, I inadvertently pulled out the Griffin USB charger and DAB sprang back into life.

I removed the chargers from our other cars and, you've guessed it, the DAB radios returned immediately to full strength.

Bizarre but absolutely true.

1.0 out of 5 stars Failed within 1 month, is this product even genuine?, 18 Mar 2012
Having read other reviewers comments questioning whether this is in-fact a genuine Griffin product, I'm inclined to agree. Just one month in, my 'Griffin' charger has stopped working, looking closely at the print quality it's quite clear that the overtype can't have passed any QA. To save the ultimate inconvenience of replacing this product I suggest looking elsewhere in the first instance.

1.0 out of 5 stars Causes RF interference :-(, 4 Mar 2013
When charging a phone (Galaxy Nexus) using the PowerJolt, it causes periodic interference to FM radio reception in the car. Removing the USB cable cures the problem.

Sounds like a cheaply built switch-mode power supply inside the PowerJolt!

(Charging the phone from an alternative adaptor doesn't cause the same issue...)

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed, 4 April 2012
A very good idea - my car's 12v outlet is in a cubbyhole with a lid, traditional 5v converters are too big to fit with the lid closed, so I ordered one of these. It took almost 4 weeks to arrive and as soon as I plugged it in, it heated up to the point it started smoking and fused the car's 12v socket circuit.

1.0 out of 5 stars Messes up radio sound, 8 Nov 2012
Sorry, it charges ok, is very small, has two outlets, BUT it causes my FM radio to sparkle, as noted by another reviewer.
2 stars because it's unusable in a car, short of 1 star since it actually works for charging (for you non-radio listeners out there).

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely rubbish, 11 Sep 2013
Thought it was to good to be true and I was right, when I first plugged it in smoke started pouring from it and it burnt out almost immediately, worse still it came in an envelope without any paper work or returns address so I guess this seller is just RIPPING PEOPLE OFF!!!!! AMAZON TAKE NOTE AND REMOVE THIS SELLER FOR SELLING EXTREMELY DANGEROUS ELECTRICAL GOODS BEFORE SOMEONE IS SERIOUSLY INJURED!!!!!