5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent universal USB car charger
An excellent bit of kit, great quality.

Unlike most car chargers, this unit is so small it fits near flush with the power socket.

This has a number of benefits:

1. I can leave the unit plugged into the socket at all times, even when not in use.
Published on 12 Jan 2011 by Streetcar

3.0 out of 5 stars Neat low profile but creates radio interference
Published 19 months ago by Michael Ellis

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent universal USB car charger, 12 Jan 2011
This review is from: Griffin PowerJolt Dual In-Car Charger Compatible with iPhone 3/3GS/4/4S and iPod (1 Amp x 2 USB) - Black (Wireless Phone Accessory)
An excellent bit of kit, great quality.

This has a number of benefits:

2. I can close the cigarette tray lid with the unit still plugged in under it in my VW Golf mark 6.
3. Unobtrusive and smart looking, no massive charger head sticking out!

The dual USB ports and the small form factor were the main reasons I purchased this, it gives great flexibility should you need to charge 2 devices on the go. I have a TomTom One which I am charging with this (using a USB mini cable, not supplied) and it keeps it fully charged at all times while the device is in use.

I also use it to charge my iPhone 3GS (cable included, about a metre long and good quality), as well as an HTC Desire HD (using a USB micro cable, not included)

One very minor issue, the unit comes out partially from the socket when I unplug a USB cable. Not the end of the world, just push back in when you plug a cable back in.

Overall, very impressed and worth every penny.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value and useful addition for iPhone, 2 July 2011
Jonathan Clark "Great Black Hawk" (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Having just got an iPhone and planning a weekend away I needed a plug-in charger for the car.
The battery life on the iPhone isn't that great BTW!
I have bought Griffin before and they are a reliable brand and this is no exception.
It's small (they call it a space saving design!) and can operate without the plug-in car adapter in other words as a spare USB Cable.
In terms of lenghth of the cable it's approx 41 1/2"
In summary I highly recommend!

3.0 out of 5 stars Neat low profile but creates radio interference, 5 Dec 2012
This is a very neat car twin port USB power adapter and delivers a the higher rated 1A necessary for many of today's devices. I have been using this with my iPhone5 and it allows me to charge my iPhone whilst using the phone GPS navigation. BUT, this USB power adapter does produce electrical interference that impairs radio reception (I'm using standard factory fitted car dashboard mounted FM radio).

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong And Rigid Product, 15 Jun 2012
I love this product. I was very skeptical about buying it, but I have nothing to worry about after buying it. It does what it says on the tin. Will recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great USB Charger for Windows Phones too, 19 Sep 2011
Recently purchased to allow charging of two windows phones in the car, and it works perfectly. Small and out of the way, I don't know why anyone would buy one of those other huge adaptors.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sits flush!, 24 Dec 2010
Mr. R. Dean (UK) - See all my reviews
This is my third in-car USB charger and the first one that sits flush in the power socket. High quality, recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good piece of kit, 22 July 2013
Charges fast and looks very neat. No complaints. Just don't buy cheap on these types of chargers you'll regret it

1.0 out of 5 stars Sent back, 23 Dec 2012
Mr. V. Batura "Optik" (UK) - See all my reviews
Once plugged in was interfering with the radio that i could not hear a word, just buzzing.
Wanted small dual USB charger, better stick with full size Griffin charger i use for 2 years now. No side effects at all.
I might have had a faulty one, but i have spoken with sales representative in Griffin boutique and he said i am not the first to say that.
Sent back for refund.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but perhaps not as useful as you think, 25 July 2012
Noel (Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
I bought this charger because I wanted the option to charger 2 ipads and also the fact I could use the USB port to charge something else. There is no problem charging my ipads but using a Sony USB cable to an Xperia P phone there is zero charge going thru the plug at all. So although this is great for charging the ipads, its not charging any of my other devices that arent apple. I can't say if this issue though is related to this charger or the devices themselves requiring more power input when charging.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, 3 July 2012
Doubles the capacity of the port ( 2x usb) this product is compact and charges at a rate that permits me to use my iphone 4s running tom tom sat nav and charge too. My old one did not have the capacity to do this and my phone charge drained.