on 20 June 2014
Got this for my partner as she suffers from extremely bad RSI arm related ailments and on occasions needs heat to ease her pain. She also liked the Clangers when they were on TV so I thought it suitable to get her this.

Its a lovely cuddly item and has an endearing expression, and as an ease for her arm pain does the trick to a degree, so that's a success for practical purposes.

The only downside is the act of heating up the poor thing, and the sight of it going round and round in the microwave is too much and I cannot bear to watch.
on 30 December 2011
I bought two of these; one for my girlfriend and one for my mum....I know, I know. Still.

I have to say they both loved them and in fact refuse to put them in the microwave because they are that cute...well, OK, they will put them in the microwave eventually but you get my drift.

The clanger is a good weight and appears to be well made.
on 12 October 2011
I bought this as a Birthday present for a friend - one of those who is really difficult to buy for. She loved it and I must admit I was tempted to keep it and trawl the internet for another present for her! The Clanger seemed well made, true to my memories and smelt lovely, what more could you want?
on 13 April 2014
So, I think that the Microwavable Clanger - Blue Coat is a good product.
I mean, I am NOT a fan of the Clangers because they look so old-fashioned in my opinion.

But, it's a good product for parents if they would like their kids to have this by their beds during bed-time.

Three stars all round!!! Thank you Amazon.co.uk. From Richard Hill
on 2 September 2012
Wanted to buy something "classic" and unusual for my daughter. Came across the microwave clanger. Perfect for her age. Something to cuddle up to and to keep her warm in bed. Problem now is getting her to put the thing down! She loves it too much! :-)

The clanger itself appears well made and smells great. Its cuddly and soft and a perfect height for the microwave and the best weight for my daughter to carry it around.

Overall a fantastic quality product. Its much loved!
on 5 January 2014
I bought this as a gift for my wife, and she loves it.
It does appear to be well made. To start with it was great, giving a nice amount of warmth.
Unfortunately, after a few months of use it gave off a burning smell, then after a couple of minutes started to smoke as one/some of the beads inside had caught fire.
on 20 April 2012
After reading the reviews, I ordered two of these in case I was tempted to keep one myself - and I was right to do so! They are so cute, even if you don't use them as intended and just keep them on display! I ordered one to keep ready as a Christmas present for my daughter, who watched them on TV as a child(as repeats-they were originally on when my brother was little!)This means I'll have to keep mine hidden until next year in case she sees it and wants to get one herself!! I haven't tried heating it up in the microwave yet, so can't comment on how well it works as a bed/body warmer - and I hope it's easy to keep clean as I expect it'll get cuddled a lot!
on 20 June 2013
My girlfriend had the bagpuss and I was slightly jealous so bought myself one of these. The main problem with it is the coat, it makes the clanger just not great to hold as it isn't as soft as the bagpuss. I've since bought a gromit as a replacement which I much prefer and now use the clanger as a "spare"
on 30 October 2013
I bought this for my mum. IT IS SO CUTE! Everytime I look at the Clanger I just want to hug him!!! Ahh it really is very cute! Only been heated about 3 times so cannot give you a long term review. However, so far so good. The Clanger heats up well and smells of lavender. As this was not bought for me, I'm not sure how long the Clanger stays warm for. I did read another review which stated around an hour. The Clanger feels a little wet when heated but the instructions do state that this is normal to start off with.
on 13 January 2013
Saw this and thought it was ideal for my secret santa gift for a lady at work who is always cold!
I think she saw the funny side! I did treat myself to one as well but only to sit on the side not rub round my smelly feet!