5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best...
Published 11 months ago by funpin

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for coffee, but milk frother is mediocre
Published 4 months ago by Jools

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best..., 14 April 2014
I have previously owned a Tassimo and Dolce Gusto, an I can tell you with confidence that this is the best single- serve coffee machine there is. Nespresso's quality is second to none and this machine is no exception. When opening the box, you receive the machine itself, the aeroccino, a booklet detailing everything there is to know about it and a large welcome pack containing 16 capsules, all different flavours so you know which one to order next.

The machine itself looks stunning, far better that any other I have seen. Upon plugging in, you press either one of the two buttons to wake it up, which only takes 25 seconds, and you're ready to brew. In order to do this, you place your capsule into the slot, push the top down and select either the espresso shot button (40ml) or the lungo button (110ml)- keep in mind that for a lungo you need to be using a lungo pod, 5 of which are currently avaliable. You could either have this on its own or add frothed milk from the aeroccino to make a latte or cappuccino- it's so simple and easy it's not true.

People moan about how you can't buy the pods from a supermarket, you have to buy them either online or in a Nespresso Boutique (and be a club member which is FREE) but there is a reason for this. Nespresso can only achieve this current quality by retailing it themselves and maintaining a regular price. The coffee per pod is vastly cheaper than any other coffee pod brands (tassimo, dolce gusto etc.) at as low as 29p per pod! They are also made out of aluminium which keeps all of the flavour in and can even be fully recycled- they provide a collection service and bag (see more on website).

All in all, I hardly write reviews. I don't work for Nespresso. There's nothing forcing me to praise this machine. However, I felt that I was inclined to as a result of its value for money and taste. Buy one. You won't regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Worth the Money., 2 Sept. 2010
This is a fantastic piece of kit. The machine is well built and easy to use, the milk frother is great and very easy to keep clean, unlike the more complicated milk steamers that other machines have. The coffee produced by all Nespresso machines (at least the 5 I have encountered) is always good.

Things that differentiate and make this machine better than other Nespresso machines I've used:
1> The water tank is very accessible and visible on the back of the machine so you can very easily see how much water is left.
2> It's size. This version is small and neat, but if you go for the one without the frother it's absolutely tiny.
3> Milk Frother is a cleverly designed, non-stick container that can easily be cleaned. Other machines have a milk tank, or a Steamer. Steamers get really hot and the milk burns on to them making them hard to clean. Anything with an integrated milk tank is going to be hard to clean, and if you forget to clean it before you go on holiday, rendered useless.
4> It's nice looking. Some of the older machines were a bit clunky looking, this one is very stylish.

Can't recommend it highly enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, quick and good quality coffee..., 4 Dec. 2012
FictionFan (Kirkintilloch, Scotland) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
With the number of coffee machines currently on the market, it was difficult to know which one to choose, so first off, thanks to all the people who have taken the time to post reviews, both positive and negative. I agree with the majority that this is a 5-star piece of equipment.

Ready to go straight from the box, the instructions were clear and simple. The footprint of the machine is about 9" x 14.5". A sample of each type of pod is included - 16 in total, giving a chance to try the range before placing an order. Registering with the club was fairly easy, although I did have to phone them to clarify which of the numbers on the machine was the serial number. The guy I spoke to couldn't have been more helpful. I then got the option to order a starter pack of 250 pods which included a choice of a free pod storage accessory - this has now arrived (ordered Saturday, delivered Monday, no p&p charge) holds about 50 pods and looks good.

The important thing, of course, is the coffee - and I've been very pleased with the range and quality. From fairly mild to really strong, with espresso and lungo sizes available and with the ability to decide on the amount of water dispensed allowing the user to match the strength to personal preference, there really is something here for everyone. Personally, I like a mug rather than a cup, so find I use two pods. This makes each cup cost roughly 60p which seems very reasonable for a good quality coffee. The milk frother means that you use real milk rather than the powdered kind available in some other machines. It froths the milk well and heats it, thus avoiding the tepid coffee problem, and is very easy to clean. It can also be used to make cold milk drinks, though I haven't tried that. From cold, and including heating and frothing the milk, it takes about a minute and a half to make a cappuccino - impressive.

All in all, I'm very pleased with this machine and with my first experience of dealing with the Nespresso Club. Highly recommended.

Edit: Nearly three months on, this has become an essential gadget. It's so easy to clean and the coffee is really excellent quality. The Nespresso club also provides bags to recycle the pods, which they collect when they deliver an order. If you order 200 or more pods at a time, delivery is free. My tip for the ideal mug is one pod used as espresso then another used as lungo topped up with lightly frothed milk (there are two frothers - one for light froth and the other for thick cappuccino type froth). This way it comes out not too strong or too weak - in fact, perfect!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for coffee, but milk frother is mediocre, 12 Nov. 2014
I have been using this for about a year. I have just purchased a Severin electric milk frother, which is a massive improvement on the attached frother on this machine. I now wish that I had bought a Nesspresso machine without a milk frother, then bought a dedicated frother separately. The Severin frother has a much larger milk capacity and can make the milk much hotter, with variable temperature control, plus the jug can go in the dishwasher.

If you like large cappuccinos like me, with hot milk, then I would recommend buying a dedicated electric milk frother, rather than an integral unit like this.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great coffee machine!, 29 May 2011
I bought this fabulous machine about a month ago deciding that the machine we already had was really not doing what it was supposed to, and simply wasn't being used.

We bought what we thought was going to be a quality coffee machine about a year ago, having read in Which? magazine that it was their 'Best Buy'. In fact it was pretty bad, and the pods needed for it were extremely expensive and precise.

So, after feeling unsatisfied with it for some time, and after hearing from friends about the joys of owning a Nespresso coffee machine, I went ahead and bought this model.

Beyond hopeful expectations and a few cups from similar machines in the past, I did not know what to expect from this.

I was and am, however, EXTREMELY PLEASED with this excellent machine.

It is fundamentally easy to use and does not require elaborate cleaning after each use, as the last one did. The quality and range of coffee is simply fantastic, and the speed and ease with which you can make a great cup of coffee is one of its greatest features. Apart from the level of noise to be expected from a coffee machine, it is surprisingly quiet and fast.

The quality of build and design is, in every detail, outstanding.

The milk-frother is as easy to use and clean as the main machine, and produces great results in no time at all.

THIS IS ARGUABLY ONE OF THE BEST AND BEST VALUE COFFEE MACHINES ON THE MARKET TODAY. - Buy it now, you will not be disappointed!

One word of advice though; the importance of pre-heating both the cup/mug and milk (if you're not using the frother) cannot be understated enough - unless of course you are happy to microwave your coffee once it's made...

Simply put: this is a fabulous, easy to use machine and will give you many, many excellent cups of coffee - buy with confidence now!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant, 1 Dec. 2011
I bought this machine at the end of October. It was £160 on here then. All I can say is that I absolutely love it. Before I bought this I had a cheap Morphy Richards machine which spluttered water everywhere and took ages to use. This machine is so simple to use and so quick at making the coffee. It heats up and froths the milk in no time. I bought the machine via a reccomendation as I was originally looking at bean to cup, but the value for money with this is so good. You get all 16 types of coffee to try in the pack. Then I ordered a mixed 250 box of capsules from Nespresso online which I though would last a while, but now not so sure as we use it so often. When looking at other machines I noticed that this one had a higher pressure than most normal espresso machines. It makes an excllent cup. We normally press the bigger cup utton to get the bigger serving as we normally have latte's. With the mink frother we use the less frothy option, meaning more milk and I have found I can fuill just above the max line to then have a full latte mug.

The water tank is easy to re-fill. The only slight dissapointment was that I thought the frother would have a bigger capacity so you could make 2 latte's at the same time. However, it doesn't take long to heat and froth another sering.

Overall I am incredibly happy that I purchased this machine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Créme de la Créma!, 14 April 2011
A triumph of form and function! This machine (and it's Magimix branded counterpart) is consistently reviewed as being the best of the bunch. It is Which? magazine's highest scoring capsule machine and was the award winner in one of the weekend broadsheet's coffee machine tests. I have read somewhere that this Krups version has a very slight edge in build quality over the Magimix one - but I can't comment any further except to say that this one is extremely well made. It's a joy to use; simple, fast, clean and consistent - everything I have never experienced when making coffee before. Having the milk silently heating and frothing itself in the background while the coffee is pouring into the cup is a joy. No switching of modes or waiting for the machine to reach temperature to make a cappuccino - and there's just no mess! If you put any value on your own time then the Nespresso system is not an expensive way to enjoy coffee, and this is the perfect machine for the job. Don't hesitate!

5.0 out of 5 stars A fab machine, 12 Oct. 2010
I had had a coffee from a friends machine and decided to purchase - ( had a ceased up Gaggia -just over 2 years old and never really that happy with).

This machine is incredibly easy to use and also more importantly easy to keep clean. I know some reviews complain about the cost of capsules but compared to coffee shop coffee its not! and i do think the end result is as good. Again comments have been unfavourable about heat of the coffee - i heat the cup as recommended and its fine ( however i'm not too keen on very very hot coffee. But no friends have complained yet and Italian family really rate it too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Why did I wait so long?, 21 Jan. 2014
I have had several manual machines in the past, and still have an Innova Dream (with a dodgy pressure gauge) plus a Dualit filter machine. Although both machines function, having no working pressure gauge on the Innova is a pain because you can't check it's working at it's optimal level.

Then I spotted this little beauty and read the reviews- and was hooked. I am always the one who ends out making cappuccinos etc because hubby says he can't use the machine. No excuses now. This baby works almost straight out of the box, and when hubby watched me throw a latte together in seconds, he decided it wasn't too difficult after all. It's not the cheapest machine but it brews a good cup and I don't know how I managed without an Aerocinno...

Just a word of warning - make sure you only fill the Aerocinno to the lowest milk level if you're frothing milk otherwise it will escape from under the lid. I'd read a few reviews suggesting it is a fault but it was definitely human error here!! Fill to the lower level and it's fine.

For good coffee with little effort, this is great. Highly recommended!

4.0 out of 5 stars as seemed to be the best out there and I believe it is, 12 Dec. 2014
Shirlee A. Mccourty (East Sussex UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nespresso CitiZ and Milk by Krups XN730T40 Coffee Machine - Titanium (Kitchen & Home)
Ok I would have given this machine the full 5 stars, but for an annoyance that could have been avoided by both Amazon & the manufacturer....We did our research before ordering this machine, as seemed to be the best out there and I believe it is. APART from on all videos we watched regarding the Aeroccino included in this package the milk machine had 2 frother attachments, a paddle one for Lattes and a whisk type for cappuccinos, and indeed the coffee machine has a storage space for both of them. Our machine arrived and only had the one frother attachment ( the cappuccino one ) so assuming this was missing a part, contacted Amazon. They said they would order a whole new machine and to return the incomplete one !! Seemed to me a wee bit daft as only one tiny part missing. But hey ho....Well new machine arrived a few days later...But still only had the one frother ???? So have now sent back a whole coffee machine package and am still left with only the one frother ? A great deal of inconvenience could have been avoided if both Amazon and the manufacturer could have stated that only ONE frother is in each pack !! Something I'm still at a loss to understand. How am I supposed to make a latte? Also my second gripe is the fact this machine is supposed to come with 3x £25 money off vouchers towards future coffee purchases. But to recieve these you have to join the Nespresso club and fill in a form along with receipt and send off for the coupons !! This will no doubt incur a wait of a few weeks and the few sample coffee pods included in machine will be long used up !!! Wouldn't it have been far more straight forward to have enclosed the vouchers in the box?