Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now DIYED Learn More Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

Colour: Titanium|Change

on 12 May 2011
Absolutely LOVE this machine. The only problem is that it makes me drink way too much coffee. The selection of capsules is excellent and so far I have liked most of those that I tried. And don't waste money and space on the version with milk. Get a cheap manual milk frother instead and you will have a professional latte or capuccino every morning. Makes me look forward to waking up the next day!
on 12 December 2012
I don't drink coffee but my husband does - he loves his coffee but I love hot chocolate, so after reading all the reviews,including this statement in the Product description - "Use 1 of the 16 Nespresso Grand Crus capsules (sold separately) to create a delicious coffee, hot chocolate or espresso in moments" we settled on this machine and it arrived yesterday. The machine is perfect (so far) size wise, instructions wise, and everything wise, the coffees are great - so he tells me. BUT!!!!!! apparently you can't buy chocolate capsules for this machine. Great. If I'm wrong I'd be very happy so if anyone cares to enlighten me I'd be grateful. And before some die hard coffee fan comes back and says 'but you bought a COFFEE machine' well I know I did but I was led to believe you could buy chocolate capsules for it. Sad face.
on 19 August 2011
Great compact machine and an extremely good way to enjoy a cup of coffee, using the Nespresso capsules. Being a coffee connoisseur one might be forgiven for thinking that this is a compromise for grinding coffee beans and producing a refreshing cup in a cafetiere. Well, I still enjoy the latter but some of the Nespresso modules produce an exquisite cup of coffee and you'd be hard pushed to spot the difference. So 5 stars to this product and I would heartily recommend it.
on 2 December 2015
Direct replacement for my 5yr old one that's just starting to come to the end of it's life.

I did consider the Pixie and U variants but the one major difference is the Citiz can be used with Recipe/Latte glasses (or 150mm glass tumblers) and still sit on a drip tray.
on 1 December 2015
This is some chocolate capsules you can buy: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00KFA1QFS/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1449010765&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=nespresso+chocolate+pods&dpPl=1&dpID=41Wic4F1BBL&ref=plSrch
on 17 August 2012
Took me a while to cotton on to the Nespresso popularity, only after seeing a few people I know making great coffee did I finally order this.
What strikes first is the overall build quality; its very sturdy and simply laid out, the quality of the paint (red) is excellent and is the same shade used on the retro toasters and kettles if your into matching appliances.

All the parts that may come into contact with liquid/coffee are easily detachable and washable, with the liquid catcher where the cup is placed easily cleaned.
The ease of use is also a big thing when having your own coffee machine, you just insert the capsule in the top, close it and press espresso/lungo button - espresso being smaller and lungo larger, though the flows are all customisable.

Its a machine that sees constant use with no sign of it slowing down after nearly 2 years, the only upkeep that is needed apart from cleaning after each use and emptying the used capsules is a descale job every few months which is very easy to do.
It really is an investment, as you are automatically apart of the Nespresso club where you can buy the exclusive coffee capsules, in which there are 16 varieties of all different strengths. It will cost more a month than instant coffee but it is 100x the quality so it is completely worth it in every sense. So just be aware of how much you have left so you can keep topping them up.

And in the end you can make the coffee how every you like; every instruction is adaptable and changeable depending on how you like your coffee.

Easy, convenient and quality
on 9 June 2012
After reading all the reviews about the Nespresso CitiZ, I am yet another happy customer.

Pros:

- Very easy to use - You don't need to be a scientist or expert coffee maker to use this machine.
- Slim on your work surface.
- Lots of flavour choices for coffee, so if you like coffee you'll be sure to find one (if not more) you love.
- Easy to clean
- Heats up quickly
- You can adjust the water level in your cup very easily, which means you can make your coffee to your taste and volume.
- The titanium model looks nice, and doesn't seem to have that sticker finger mark that stainless steel can get.

Comment:

Your not tied in to Nespresso if you don't want to be. You can get online, refillable pods that fit in Nespresso machines, so you can choose your favourite coffee from anywhere in the world. Simply buy ground coffee or grind your own coffee bean and fill the reusable pods and pop them in the machine. Please note however, I have not tried these yet as this machine is new to me, but the theory sounds good.

Cons:

I am a lover of online shopping, however only being able to get your coffee online is disappointing. You have to know what you want before you run out, there's no quickly running to your local supermarket to re-stock. On that note, come on Nespresso, please get your pods in more stores (at a reasonable price).

Overall:

Great machine, would recommend, and as such have taken the time to let all future buyers know, you'll love this machine and the coffee it makes. Enjoy!
on 21 November 2011
Firstly, the machine. The Krups CitiZ is a very good quality piece of engineering - it's solid and has a professional feel that some other rival coffee systems in all their plastic glory lack. Sure it uses some plastic too but it just has that weight and firmness that instills confidence. Easy to use and easy to clean. It is also very quick to make a coffee. From inserting a capsule to having a hot drink in the cup takes less than a minute.

The coffee. For many years I have tried real coffee using different methods from grinding beans and using a filter jug, a cafetiere, coffee bags etc. but with no success. All methods seemed doomed to bitter failure. Then a friend made me coffee using the Nespresso system and I was so convinced I got my wife to buy me one for Christmas. I ordered it on the Thursday and it arrived on Monday and I must confess that I've started using it already - Christmas has come early. It came with a selection of 16 different coffees of varying types and strengths and this has been enough to help me identify those that I have now ordered from Nespresso.

Ordering. It would, no doubt, be nice to be able to buy coffee supplies for this system from the local supermarket but that isn't the way that it works. However, ordering online is quick and simple and I'm trusting the other reviews here that delivery will be within a couple of days. I should point out that, currently, the cost of buying capsules here at Amazon is outrageously expensive. Order them instead direct from Nespresso's Coffee Club at about 30p each. That's half-price or less compared to Amazon. Some coffees are just 29p each compared to 79p here.

So far this has been a good experience and I'm now off to make another Espresso. Cheers!

As an update ten months after my initial review I must say that I am just as impressed with this coffee maker as I was when I first got it. It still works perfectly with nothing broken. The coffee capsules I order direct from Nespresso and they arrive within a couple of days as the reviews suggest. This has been a very good purchase.
on 18 October 2010
Simply amazing

I love coffee and I was extremely surprised by the quality of coffee it produces.. I definitely recommend it to anyone who appreciates a goo cup of coffee.
on 9 February 2012
When I first met my partner he had a huge Italian espresso machine that wouldn't have looked out of place in a cafe, took up the entire worktop, took forever to produce a coffee, made mess everywhere, required a degree in Coffeeology to operate, he spent hours on the internet reading about how to make the perfect coffee with it and worst of all it needed CLEANING regularly!! One day it broke (thank God) and he went to the other extreme making coffee with a single-cup plastic filter ... but we still had the industrial size and strength grinder to contend with... The kids started drinking instant coffee in desperation...

Anyway, to cut a long story short.. after 11 years of this nonsense I bought this Nespresso machine. What a massive relief. I love it, the kids love it, everyone loves it. It makes great coffee quickly with no fuss and no mess. End of.

(Except my fella has continued with the plastic filter... Sigh)