4.0 out of 5 stars Impressive little machine
This Nescafe Dolce Gusto Piccolo coffee machine is attractively made (though doesn't have the finish of larger, more expensive machines) extremely easy to set up, and its diminutive size makes it an ideal choice for those using the machine in smaller living/working spaces. Simply fill the water tank, switch on, add a pod and flick a switch to produce pleasant-tasting...
Published on 7 Jan 2011 by Seren Ade

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay but not brilliant
I bought this as a gift for my dad as I have a another brand of coffee machine and he has always enjoyed my coffee so I decided to get him his own one. This was on special offer so i bought it.
Good points:
* It looks stylish and is not as large as some other machines so doesn't take up much space.
* There are quite a lot of different types of pods...
Published on 10 Jan 2012 by cupcakechick

‹ Previous | 1 2 366 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Love love love!, 4 Jan 2011
I bought this as a treat for myself as ive been looking for a coffee machine like this for a while. After doing some research to determine which machine to get (it was between the tassimo system and this) i chose the dolce gusto based on reviews and their website which to me felt more customer friendly than others.

After looking around (and waiting till the jan sales!) i found this model at only £45! Bargain! Brilliant service from Amazon meant i recieved the product much earlier than expected.

Machine: cute, quirky little machine, easy and quick to prepare, clean and use.
Pods: easy to use once you get the hang of them, great tasting drinks, lots of variety, can seem expensive but if you bulk buy on the dolce gusto website you get free delivery and bonus points to get more freebies!

My only gripe is the cup sizes, i have my fave mug which is huge so it took me longer to figure out when to stop the machine to get the right taste. However this is a small issue which can be rectified by testing and tasting!

Fully reccomend the piccolo as a stylish addition to any kitchen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, great coffee, great idea!, 21 Nov 2011
This review is from: NESCAFÉ Dolce Gusto Piccolo by Krups KP100240 Coffee Machine, White, 15 Bar Pressure Pump (Kitchen & Home)
I am so pleased to have bought this and now couldn't be without my morning fix of latte. Also makes a great hot chocolate to curl up with on a cold winters night!

The machine is more than adequate for one person and comfortably copes with making two drinks without the need for refilling the dispenser. Having wanted one for a while I decided to purches the smaller piccolo rather than this machine's big brother.

Very happy with product and a great design - space saving for a modern minimal kitchen and a quick way to get that real coffee shop coffee.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nescafe Dolce Gusto, 15 Feb 2011
bought this on behalf of my daughter...she's well chuffed with it...it's one of those coffee makes that won't end up at the back of a cupboard! and plenty of places besides amazon sell the coffee for this machine! and this was about half the price we'd seen anywhere else...

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick, clean, tasty coffee, and not as expensive as you'd think, 15 July 2012
Used a standard drip filter machine for a while and decided it was time to step up. The Piccolo seemed to tick all the boxes, not too expensive, allegedly does good coffee so we took the plunge, and haven't been disappointed.
It's very quick to pop in a pod and make a coffee, certainly no longer than a standard filter machine, perhaps a little quicker. There's less to clear up too, you just take the pod and throw it away, that's it, no filters to clean.
The coffee is pretty strong, and you can make as large or small a cup as you like. I like the fact that you can fit any size mug underneath, it's strange that some machines are designed only to allow a small coffee cup, not even a normal sized mug.
The price of the pods seems locked down and is are pretty much the equivalent of 25p a pod absolutely everywhere, although a little less with an Amazon subscription I see. We weren't sure about this, however in Sainsbury's I noticed the price per 100g with these pods was about £1.51, and plenty of filter coffee packs were £1.60, £1.70, so I actually think considering you're getting lovely coffee every time with so little fuss, this is a good value proposition.
All in all I really can't think of any negatives, totally recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Coffee Great Price, 1 April 2011
John Smith (West Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
Firstly this makes great coffee. This is just the kind of taste that we expect when we go to the european coffee shops. What we do not like is the coffee types that require 2 pods. That is, one coffee and one milk. I seem to remember that milk is cheaper than coffee so I would expect boxes of coffee with milk pods should be cheaper than those with just coffee. After much experimenting we now buy the Americano and the Lungo. The others we can make ourselves. The Cappucino is too sweet.

Some reviewers complained about the amount of water that can be held in the reservoir. I think it better to use fresh every time so filling up with every mug or mugs makes for better coffee. Some reviewers also complained about it not being automatic. Again I think it is not much of a chore to wait for a minute or two for your coffee especially as with practice you can vary the strength.

We really like this machine and it suits us perfectly. There is just one bug bear. Disposal of the pods. Firstly they are plastic so not environmentally friendly but also they are partly full of water. If you throw them in the bin your floor gradually floods when they drain. We now use scissors to split them open and let them drain in the sink for a few minutes before disposal.

Overall very pleased. And of course with Amazon you get swift delivery, a good price and great money back protection.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice little kitchen gadget, 29 Dec 2012
Reviewify.co.uk "Mark" (UK) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)
Length:: 2:59 Mins

My partner was given one of these as a Christmas present and so far we've been very impressed. It looks really nice and isn't too big, so it's not a problem storing it or moving it around the kitchen.

Setup was OK, to allow them to ship this worldwide there are no written instructions, just pictorial ones. After going through the setup cleaning process (which takes less than five minutes and lets you understand how to operate this) we popped in a capsule and gave it a go. Interestingly you can mix some the capsules to make different beverages, so first you pop a milk one in then you pop the coffee one in. We had a starter pack of six capsules to try but I see there are lots available on Amazon.

After use you do a quick clean of the device and then its ready for it's next use.

This looks really stylish, is easy to use, and it tastes fantastic. Just make sure you check you are happy with the price of the capsules as that's where the main cost will be in the long run.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Nice Modern Coffee Machine, but a big BUT..., 22 Nov 2011
L. Calland "Liam" (West Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Me and my wife love a good cup of coffee. Apart from instant coffee the only other type of coffee machine we have tried is filtered. That way is messy and fussy and time consuming. The Nescafe Dolce Gusto makes coffee making nice and simple by using pods. You slot the pods into the machine and drop the handle which puts a hole into the pod where the water is forced through to make a great cup of coffee. You can also use the machine to make cold coffee drinks i.e Frappuccino for the summer months!

If you are wanting say a latte then you will need 2 pods, 1 milk pod and 1 coffee pod. Instructions come with the box of pods you buy and can be tailored to your own taste if you say like a stronger coffee. Although the machine makes a very nice coffee (and Hot Chocolate!) I was dissapointed with how hot the coffee was. Although it was hot I don't think it was hot enough. I know you can put it in the microwave to warm it up but what is the use in that?! The main thing that really puts me off the Dolce Gusto though is how much you spend on refill Pods!!!! There are so many varieties that you end up spending a fortune wanting to try them. Mocha, Latte, Hot Chocolate the list is endless. It eats all your money up so be warned! :-) I wish there was a way to recycle the Pods as seems such a waste to bin them.

The machine has such a nice sleek modern design which looks great in any kitchen. I had an old style Dolce Gusto and loved that but the new one is much smaller and slender. If you have an older Dolce Gusto machine though, I would say it isn't worth spending money on getting this newer version as doesn't bring anything new to the table except its smaller size. Save your money for stocking up on Pods for Christmas!

If you are a big coffee drinker and enjoy a decent cuppa then the Dolce Gusto is certainly worth getting as a good all rounder for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dolce Good-o, 2 Jan 2011
A christmas present for my wife, I can honestly say there was a lot of umming and arring whether she would like it or not.

On the day of opening, I was given a dirty look when I told her it was a coffee machine (as she thought it made regular coffee), when I further explained it makes many types of 'speciality coffee' she was over the moon.

On making the first drink, a Latte, we used a clear glass, and I can honestly say that it does everything it says and shows on the box.

It is also extremely great tasting!

And the most important thing? It is so SO simple to use: lift the flap, pull the tray out, put in the milk pod in, then reverse and slide the lever.... how easy can it be?

The only dis-advantage to this model is that the water container has to be re-filled after every drink.

5.0 out of 5 stars NO MORE STARBUCKS!!!!, 12 Jan 2011
I have received Piccolo yesterday (tuesday) though I ordered it on Sunday evening. The delivery was really fast! Well packed and delivered by a courier, so you can easily track the item online.

Piccolo is stunning! It looks very stylish and although the red colour doesn't match my kitchen at all, it makes no difference, because it just has a great design and would look pretty anywhere! It reminds me of a penguin, it's small and fits well on the kitchen worktop.

Piccolo came with 4 types of coffee to try, my partner and I tried Latte Macchiatto (excuse the misspelling) and Cappuccino. I can honestly say that I did not expect such good quality of coffee from a machine. The instructions with regards to the amount of water that is necessary to make the perfect cup is very useful. It also shows you, in case of cappuccino or latte, which to put first, milk or coffee pod, it also gives you how much of what to put in, e.g. 170ml of milk pod and then 50ml of the coffee pod. It's great that you can control the water yourself, because if you wish to make a stronger or lighter coffee you can easily control how much water you let through the pod! The machine has a very quick warming time, only 30 secs and after that you can make as many coffee cups as you like without waiting again for the machine to warm up, until, of course, you switch it off.

The water container is small. I knew from previous reviews that it would be, however, when I saw the container I thought it was really tiny. It holds 600 ml of water, but it quite honestly feels like much less than that. For me, personally, this is not a problem, because I live with my partner who doesn't even drink coffee on a regular basis, so I can quite proudly say that Piccolo is only mine :) I find the water container to be of enough room for the water I need for myself and my partner, and I like the idea of a small container for hygienic reasons. I don't like when water stays overnight in a container because you never know what evil little beasts may grow in there in the room temperature, plus fresh water every time for your coffee is a plus!

As to the quality of coffee, I was pleasantly surprised! I honestly believe that this morning I had the best mug of cappuccino in my life, it was smooth, creamy, delicate but strong. Latte was just as good, although I have messed up with measurements and the order of putting milk and coffee...still it was absolutely fab! It was way better than coffee from coffee shops. I find coffee from such shops extremely bitter, strong and they give me a headache sometimes. Having Piccolo, now I know there is nothing special about coffee shops at all when you can have a million times better coffee at home whenever you like it without spending lots of money! :D Another great thing about having Dolce Gusto coffee machine is that there is such a wide variety of pods that you can get, that makes making coffee fun and exciting! I cannot wait for summer when I will be able to enjoy Ice Cappuccino or Nestea :) Yes, you can make a lot with that little machine, there are lots of varieties of coffee, hot and ice, there is hot chocolate and, of course, Nestea! And I believe, there is going to be many many more as they keep coming onto the market! Oh yes, and unlike other coffee machines, it is important to remember that Dolce Gusto machines do not limit you to making espresso or cappuccinos only, there is plenty of choice and room for experimenting!

Of course, the Dolce Gusto coffee pods are not very cheap, but I think they are not very expensive either, especially that you get more than what you pay for. For those who want to save money, there are many retailers online that sell the pods at bargain prices. Also, I like the Dolce Gusto website, where you get free coffee when you register your machine and then you can buy stuff from there while collecting points and then redeem the points for more coffee or anything else that they sell! The website itself is fantastic, very user friendly and fun.

I love my Piccolo, and I never thought making different coffees would be so much exciting! :) I highly recommended to anybody who wants a great quality of coffee, have a lot of fun while making it and likes the idea of having a different drink every time! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars New for old, a good choice!, 26 Nov 2010
We bought a Dolce Gusto machine a few years ago when they were first available for purchase and could not fault it. We decided to puchase a new one and the Piccolo caught our eye and I am glad it did as many features have been refined. We used it on arrival and found it more compact than the old one and fits neatly in the space provided. It is easy to use. Most importantly it makes excellent coffee, but must try the new iced peach tea (when the snow goes).

One final point the sale price offered by Amazon for this item is less than the price we paid for the original one...WELL DONE.

‹ Previous | 1 2 366 | Next ›