4.0 out of 5 stars Light To Be Seen With
Top notch light for making you visible on your bike. It gives out enough light to show where you are but isn't for ridding on unlit roads.

I got my first one two years ago. I used it for over 500 hours of cycling before it gave up and stopped charging. However Blackburn offer a lifetime guarantee so I got it replaced.

Charging off USB is a...
Published on 20 Jan. 2012 by Howard Gees

1.0 out of 5 stars Could be so much better!
When it works, its a great light, super bright and highly visible, and tiny enough to take up minimal space on your handle bars. However, the battery just doesn't hold its charge; I've had mine for just over a month, and while at first it lastest a few days of commuting, now it can't even last my half hour commute home. Very disappointed!
Published on 18 Jan. 2013 by Hapijoel

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Could be so much better!, 18 Jan. 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars Great light but for price I would expect it to have greater longevity, 28 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Blackburn Flea 2.0 USB LED Light - (Sports)
Really pleased with the light output. It is so small and light and very easy to attach to many areas on the bike or on clothing. The charging system works very well. BUT mine had a catastrophic failure and no longer charges after only around 18 months of use. Not sure if I can justify the high price when my experience has been so short.

4.0 out of 5 stars Light To Be Seen With, 20 Jan. 2012
Howard Gees (Nottingham, UK) - See all my reviews

Charging off USB is a different mind-set to using batteries. It no longer matters if the light burns brightly but only for 120 mins. For commuting it is so simple to take it off the bike/helmet walk to my desk and drop onto the USB charger every day.

The Velcro strap works surprisingly very well. I was expecting it to slip in the wet or over potholes but the light stays where you point it (even better than some solid bracket mounted lights).

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality with great brightness but not perfect., 23 July 2012
The Blackburn Flea is a great small bike light, It offers an excellent amount of light for it's size compared to the kind of bike light you might buy in a supermarket or from a catalogue. You do however pay a little extra for this upgrade but you'll probably end up with a better value product.

Cycling is my main form of transport at University and I found this Light works perfectly for me. It's USB charger means I can juice it up whenever I'm at a computer so it's always ready to go and saves me money on batteries. It's light while not as good as largest and most expensive lights, It's more than capable of shining the way on an unlit cycle track through woodland and making drivers notice me, only being slightly hampered by the fairly narrow beam of light (I've seen worse from friends cheaper lights). It's small enough that I can put it in my back pocket and forget about it till I'm back on my bike.

This light isn't without issues though, I have found the strap is slightly to long in that when rapped around my handlebars the hooked Velcro mostly goes behind the light instead of latching onto the looped part of the strap. This means I can't tighten the strap as much as I'd like to as it wont hook up. also, as my handlebars are rather curvy it can be rather difficult to get the unit to be flat and face straight ahead on them.

I'd give the light a 8/10 overall purely because of the strap. otherwise this product was exactly what I wanted I would recommend it to others.

TL;DR - bright light, decent battery, compact, strap is a bit long for me.

Thanks for reading
RobJ

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Brand, 22 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Blackburn Flea 2.0 USB LED Light - (Sports)
I bought this after purchasing a replacement front light which is the same make and model only the front one.

It was so good with the velcro strap I bought this.

It attaches with a velcro strap much better than plastic cradles that can snap over time.
Also means its easy on and off.

I can fix this ethier to the rear of my helmet or my bike seat post.

Recharge is fast and is done via usb which is great for me as im always on the laptop or ps3 someone somewhere always has a spare port.

Charger is tiny so easy to transport just like the light small light weight but very effective with 2 flashing modes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great light at a great price, 14 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Blackburn Flea 2.0 USB LED Light - (Sports)
Blackburn stuff is very good with a good warranty and this light is bright and effective. The rechargeable-by-USB functionality is nice, although a bit fiddly. And you really need to consider the tradeoff between this type of light and the ubiquitous twin-AAA type rear flashing lamp. You'll probably get 40 hours out of a set of AAAs and maybe four hours out of this one. Eventually, the rechargeable battery will die and you will have to replace the light, whereas the AAA-powered one can go on for years (an you can use rechargeable AAAs).

I think these lights best suit people looking for small size and style and who commute to work and can routinely recharge. The clip is strong and will probably also work for running if you have a suitable loop on your clothing. Comes with a silicone stretch strap for seatposts, etc.

Balkburn's packaging is a bit fiddly - mine came in a paper pack and was both glued and zip-tied to it. You basically have to rip it apart to get it out (maybe by design).

5.0 out of 5 stars bright and lasting, 21 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Blackburn Flea 2.0 USB LED Light - (Sports)
i don't quiet get how to put it on the bike, but somehow i made it hanging there below the seat. It is very bright and the battery goes on quiet a while. the charger does suffer from the commonly reported problem. I had to rub off the rust on the contacts with a knife to charge it. So be careful or it might be an one-off light,

2.0 out of 5 stars LAMP, 14 Jan. 2013
LAMP. Does not hold its charge for very long. This is compared with a cheaper lamp on my other cycle.

4.0 out of 5 stars much better, 22 Oct. 2013
Ms. Renee Cohn (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I had a problem with this light when I first received mine- within a month it wouldn't hold any charge! I contacted the company and they were ever so nice and offered me a replacement. I have had my new light for a couple of months and use it twice a day for commuting and it's held up very well. It is true that I have to recharge it after 2-3 hours of use, but that is as described. The light is very powerful, it charges quickly and has been very reliable since replaced by the company. Of course it would be nicer to have a rechargeable light that works for 10 hours, but those are far more expensive products! Plus, the orange light on the FLEA tells me it's time to plug it in so I don't get caught out (and when it is orange I have still had enough power in it to get home on my 45 minute journey).

4.0 out of 5 stars Blackburn Flea Rear Light., 25 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Blackburn Flea 2.0 USB LED Light - (Sports)
This is a very bright light for such a small package and takes up a very small area of seat post, or pocket.
This light will mount on clothing and other surfaces due to the metal spring clip encased into the body.
The mounting strap supplied is not so cleaver to use being a bit of a fiddle to fit especially with cold fingers. Run time is quoted at 6 steady and 12 flashing but I have yet to confirm these figures.
Is this light legal to use ? there are no BS 6102/3 numbers marked or any others and I would say not by it's own in this country. But we are still waiting for The Department for Transport to accept that most lamps don't conform to any recognised standard.
All in all a very good light. Conformity is another issue.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›