5.0 out of 5 stars Best watched in the dark!
Curl up on the sofa and turn off the lights...A classic 1970's horror. If you're a fan of horror flicks from this era then this is a good one for you. Dark and creepy with a few good scares this really is one of the better movies in this genre. I really enjoyed Black Christmas, thinking it would be quite naff, I was pleasantly surprised...give it go it's worth a watch.
Published on 30 Aug 2006 by Lynda M. Nolan

3.0 out of 5 stars Has it's moments...
Black Christmas is the story of a sorrority house populated by females who are stalked by a killer hiding himself in a basement,prank calling his victims before murdering them.

Black christmas is original material.While there is room for improvement I was still thooughly impressed.The ending is one of the creepiest I've seen...
Published on 10 July 2009 by Mr. A. J. Ralph

3.0 out of 5 stars a bit boring to be honest, 21 Nov 2006
This review is from: Black Christmas [DVD] (DVD)
I thought this film was a bit boring to be honest. There wasn't a great deal of gore in the film. Although the ending was quite good and had a bit of a twist, I could have fallen asleep halfway through the film. I'm looking forward to the remake.

2.0 out of 5 stars Slow Christmas, 17 Jan 2011
M. Bell - See all my reviews
This review is from: Black Christmas [1974] [DVD] (DVD)
I bought the 1974-Black Christmas DVD because of the positive reviews it has received, only to find that I should have gone fro the remake. The film start's off ok but you quickly find yourself willing the plot to hurry up, as you can see what is going to happen next. Try and catch this one on TV instead of buying this DVD.

1.0 out of 5 stars Nasty, and that's just the picture quality, 27 July 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Black Christmas [DVD] (DVD)
I wasn't even aware this DVD had been out for six months. As it turned out, ignorance is bliss. It's a typical Tartan turkey in terms of picture quality, like 'Re-Animator'. Blurred pictures. Jerky when people move. Awful colours and re-mastered so dark you can barely work out what's happening. It's just so bad I couldn't concentrate on the film. Once again, and this is an old story with DVD, taping off the telly is often better.
The extras are hideous. Dreadful sound faults, like a swarm of wasps over some parts and dire editing with the sound going over one interview and a test signal interrupting. Just the pits.
The film itself is ugly and mean spirited from the off, hence the title I suppose, making it difficult to love. It has it's moments, though.
If Tartan ever releases a decent DVD, I'll eat my Tam O'Shanter.

1.0 out of 5 stars black christmas, 9 Dec 2005
This review is from: Black Christmas [DVD] (DVD)
What a load of old tosh, i was sat on the edge of my seat dont get me wrong but, it was for all the wrong reasons. I had read the reviews, people were scared to death when they watched this film, great i thought i havent seen a good scarey movie for years. I was sat on the edge of my seat willing it to hurry up and get some action going, in the end i lay back on the sofa and waited for the end to come so i could go to bed. My cats running round the bedrooms upstairs when its dark scare me more than this pathetic attempt at making a a horror film. My advice is dont buy it unless you want to be bored to death or you really havent got anything better to watch, infact put a coat of paint on the wall and watch it dry that may be more interesting.

5.0 out of 5 stars black christmas, 30 Oct 2003
This review is from: Black Christmas [DVD] (DVD)
hay its me again when i am writing this review of black christmas it is not yet on dvd in the uk.but as i see it is cuming out. you are so lucky trust.this film is what horror films are all about.the name black christmas is a bit naf but this is one hell of a horror film trust and i am a big horror fan.it came out in the 70s i think but dont let that fool you this will maik you poo in your pants. when i got this dvd from the us i had never seen the film before i dont no why cuz its a clasic one of my fav horror movies now.the guy on the phone who keeps calling this poor woman is just so sick.the plot is good the film is good bye it now 5 stars once again i onley review the best dont i

Black Christmas [DVD]
Black Christmas [DVD] by Rob Clark (DVD - 2010)
4.65