4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty but not long wearing
I bought the collar and lead eight months ago for a small dog. They are very nice looking but the leather on the collar is now cracking on the top side just above the ring (where the pressure point is) .
Published 22 months ago by maturestudent

2.0 out of 5 stars pretty but poor quality
~Bought this and matching lead (which fell apart in my hands, the handle came away in my hands whilst walking a 4 month old puppy). The collar lasted longer but cracked and I threw it away. They look very pretty but are not long lasting.
Published 17 months ago by Dale "Bookworm"

2.0 out of 5 stars pretty but poor quality, 25 Feb 2013
Dale "Bookworm" - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty but not long wearing, 21 Sep 2012

1.0 out of 5 stars Nearly killed my dog, 31 Jan 2014
Not good enough nearly killed my dog - only a couple of days of use and metal spoke broke leaving me holding collar and lead in my hand while my dog ran off into the dark/wet night. Ran across the road twice without getting knocked down - with me running along in the road trying to stop the traffic then off into the fields - fortunately came back after 30 - 40 minutes. Never been so terrified in my life. Cost me 87 at the vets due to cut on his head by barbed wire!

I have been in contact with Amazon, who i see have now put this back on the market. I have not yet heard back from the supplier?!

5.0 out of 5 stars posh, 27 Sep 2013
lm hall "madmilly" (yorkshire) - See all my reviews
quality item with lovely neat stitches
not show how long it will look good on
the ruffian though!
time will tell

4.0 out of 5 stars Well made collar, 9 Nov 2012
Collar is well made and sturdy, just a wee bit to sturdy, because the collar is packed straight its stuck in that shape for a while, I had to put another hole in the collar to make it fit and this was a XXS size!! I do have a tiny dog tho!! Nice bright colour and seems like it will last a while.

2.0 out of 5 stars CARE WITH SIZING, 5 Sep 2012
i just received the small collar which says up to 14'' BUT its only 13 3/4'' long itsself, so it will only fit up to about a 12'' neck. It is too small for my dog & i will have to give it to a friend for theirs.

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware of weak leather!, 24 July 2012
This review is from: Doggy Things 16-inch/40 cm Patent Collar, Red (Misc.)
The leather on these patent leather collars creases and weakens. Because the overlap covered up where the tag for the lead is, I didn't really notice this until it was too late. My dog pulled and the lead tag came off and my dog ran free. Luckily we were not on a road otherwise I hate to think what could have happened. They are nice to look at but that's about it. Be warned - they do not last long.

5.0 out of 5 stars Patented doggy, 31 May 2012
I bought this patent dog collar to match the lead. It is quite rigid but does the job plus it is a lovely purple colour. Both the collar and lead were an impulse buy on Amazon's 'Black Friday' selection and I'm pleased with my choice.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent quality dog collar, 31 Dec 2011
I bought this collar during the black friday deals and got a great deal. As I was buying for a male dog I didnt have much choice but to go for the green colour. In the pics the green looks mega bright but actually when I received it it is no way as bright as it looks in the pictures it looks really cute on my neighbours yorkie. The collar is great quality, there is a real cute silver bone dangling from the collar which I didn't notice in pictures. Sorry I didn't get the red or purple for my own dog at the time :(

Doggy Things 16-inch/40 cm Patent Collar, Red