5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent, Complex Quality Gin
Published on 29 Jan 2012 by A. Foxley

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for everyone
One thing I love about gin is how everyone has different tastes.

For me, I'm afraid the Williams Elegant just isn't at all pleasant. Rather than gin, it tastes more to me like an apple Vodka (Which I appreciate it is distilled from).

Published 4 months ago by Mr. D. J. Cox

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent, Complex Quality Gin, 29 Jan 2012
A. Foxley (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Williams Elegant Gin 70 cl (Grocery)
When I first tasted Williams Chase Single Estate Gin, it was described to me as 'possibly the most complex gin in the world', and it certainly lives up to that description. It's easily the best gin I've ever had, although it's worth noting that it is somewhat stronger than many mainstream gins, with a 48% Vol. Sometimes a high alcohol content can be a drawback, and work against the overall taste, but it's not a problem here at all. Coupled with a quality tonic (I'd recommend Fever Tree) and mixed properly, it makes for an excellent drink. The price is considerably higher than you'd pay for more mainstream gins, but the premium price is very much reflected in the quality.

It's worth mentioning that Williams Chase Gin isn't easy to come by in the shops, unless you happen to live near a very extensive specialist drinks retailer, or a top-end retailer such as Fortnum & Mason or Selfridges, buying it online is probably the easiest way of getting hold of a bottle for a reasonable price. I bought through Just Miniatures, and the bottle arrived quickly and extremely well packed to ensure it remained pristine throughout transit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great flavour., 20 Aug 2013
This review is from: Williams Elegant Gin 70 cl (Grocery)
This gin has a brilliant flavour and comes in a superb bottle that will be great with dried grasses etc.

It has a slightly different flavour from other gins (my second favourite is Bombay Saphire) so is quite distinctive. I have it with a slice of apple rather lemon which works well. Quite pricey but worth the money as a special treat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous gin, 25 Nov 2013
This review is from: Williams Elegant Gin 70 cl (Grocery)
Seemed recklessly expensive when we first bought this but now no other gin seems worth drinking. It is in a league of its own - really fabulous. Complex, wonderful flavour that makes all the main brands taste chemical and brash. Totally recommended, despite the considerable cost.

4.0 out of 5 stars British produced gin, 17 April 2014
This review is from: Williams Elegant Gin 70 cl (Grocery)
If there's no Chase Seville Orange Gin to drink the Chase Elegant has to be 2nd choice - - -

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for everyone, 3 Mar 2014
This review is from: Williams Elegant Gin 70 cl (Grocery)
One thing I love about gin is how everyone has different tastes.

If you like your Gins to have a more classic Juniper hit, or even a Citrus edge, this is very different the apple is forward and the alcohol is quite strong. I tend to find it has a strange aftertaste as well. Disappointed, but pleased other people like it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best gin on the market, 28 Jan 2014
This review is from: Williams Elegant Gin 70 cl (Grocery)
This is the best gin there is, subtle spices. Good on it's own on the rocks. Not bad price too.

Williams Elegant Gin 70 cl