1 Review

5.0 out of 5 stars 'wasn't there a singing nun called Dominique?', asked Alexis., 1 Mar. 2011
R. L. Judd (Oxford, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 2011 Dynasty Barbie Doll - Alexis Colby - Joan Collins (Toy)
Marvellous, simply marvellous. Who'd though thought that two decades after Alexis plummeted off the balcony with her ex-husband Dex in the last ever episode of Dynasty that we'd, one day, be looking at an Alexis-Barbie?

Clearly only for the adult collector and those of us that remember Dynasty, I doubt that there'll be much pick up from the 'Bratz' camp for this doll (and her nemesis, the saintly Krystle doll) but this is a wonderful addition to any doll collection where 'camp' and 'collectable' are key words.

The packaging is amazing, capturing the essence of the character although she doesn't really look much like Dame Joan Collins. However, it's wonderful to see the sparkly jewellery and abit of leg showing between the parted frock.

I cannot fault this Barbie release, and have to highly commend the manufactures for taking a punt that we'd all buy Alexis (and Krystle). My only question.....I wonder what Joanie makes of it??