on 10 June 2016
I have had these cards for about a year now, using them to shoot RAW photographs on my full frame Canon 6D DSLRs. I am a wedding and commercial photographer so these cards regularly get pushed all day long and nothing is more important to me then reliability..

Other SD cards that I have used by some of the other mainstream manufacturers have died on me in testing, however I haven't had a single problem with my Sandisk Extreme SD cards. They aren't the fastest in the world but they are faster then most and have never slowed down my shooting (my camera never has to wait around for these cards to catch up). I haven’t tried shooting video with them though, so couldn’t comment on how they perform with large movie files.

The cards come with the pro version of SanDisk’s recovery software, but thankfully I have never had to use it. As you will see from the attached speed test, these cards get just over 45mbps read speed and just under 40mbps write speed. For shooting RAW photography, these cards are fantastic. They are reliable with a decent speed. If you have any questions about these cards, please feel free to leave a comment.
review image
on 27 November 2012
Very pleased with this purchase. Used it with a Canon 600D camera. This card really is super fast at copying the jpegs onto my laptop and definitely achieves the 45MB/s rated speed. And it's a bargain on amazon.
It used to be when you went on holiday you took 72 or a 100 photos; The easily affordable 32 GB Sandisk SD card will let me know almost 10,000 photos on my 12 Megapixel Canon SX 260. You could now shoot thousands of photos as well as several hours of High definition video on your holiday - remember to take the battery charger!. With 32Gb of storage in your camera you could keep your photos on the card and most likely never need to delete them which makes them a really good archiving system too. The Flash in the chip also being fairly robust should keep your photos for a number of years. The card also comes with the Pro version of the sandisk recovery tools which will help you recover any accidentally deleted images on the chip.

In past experience Sandisk cards are very reliable and the Extreme series cards are more than fast enough for my camera's high speed shooting modes as well as 3d video shooting on my Fujifilm W3 so it also has a degree of future proof-ness for whatever the camera wizards come up with next. These cards are no so cheap that buying a slower inferior card isn't worth the risk.
on 5 September 2012
I bought this for my Canon 650D and it works great. Not much you can say about a memory card but it seems to be fast and capable of handling the camera on burst mode. Arrived fast and is good value.

On the 650D default quality setting it will hold about 4000+ photos or in my experience about 1.5 hours of video (although the camera will automatically stop recording after it's done about 30mins and divide it up into 12 min or shorter sections.
on 24 February 2013
This little thing gives me peace of mind when I'm out and about with my camera. I don't have to worry about running out of space and missing that special moment. I almost went for a smaller one , but remembered all the frustrating times in the past when I had to leave the snapping to someone else because my memory was full. Some things are false economy, getting an SD card without enough capacity is one of them in my opinion.
on 6 April 2013
I found the choice of memory cards quite confusing (didn't realise what they really did) so I had to do quite a bit research before buying this. I checked out the various manufacturer's websites and read up on what all the different cards offered - matching the spec of my Canon Powershot SX50 and what I wanted to do with it. I decided to go for a powerful card that wouldn't compromise the "bells and whistles" of the camera and would transfer data quickly to my windows 8 pc. This was the one recommended for my needs, not the very top one, but I don't have a true DSLR. It seems to do what it says on the tin, so quite happy and the price was competitive. Good service from seller as always.
Sandisk have always been my top choice for memory cards, and this card delivers on its promises. It handles high bitrate demanded from my devices with ease. I use these cards on Canon 7D MK2, G12, and a Panasonic TM700 camcorder and have no issues at all.

It is great to see these cards offered so much cheaper than high street prices!!

Highly recommended!
on 21 August 2012
I have had a Canon 550D for a couple of years and have not bothered with video clips until recently purchasing this card. Very good quality video clips and massive storage for still photos, over 4,000 with camera set on the best quality Jpeg image recording setting.
Good price too!
on 28 June 2015
Have a couple of these as my General Use cards for my Canon 60D, mainly Full HD footage.
32GB fits about 40/45 minutes of Full HD DSLR footage @ 25Fps
Plenty of speed to record Full HD footage without issues.
Been reliable for over a year and has been used and filled many times.
SanDisk probably are the world leaders in SD cards and I've had many over the years without any failing on me. This card is no different. I use it in my Canon EOS 1100D and it's quick and reliable. I know when I take a photo it's going to be there.

A product that you buy and use without thinking about how important it is. I certainly think it's worth paying extra for a reliable make and a reliable card. There's nothing worse than having a card fail and losing precious photos.

The quality yardstick for me is that my house is littered with old Sandisk cards in various sizes from 32MB upwards. The reliability is fantastic it's just that we seem to get more and more hungry for disk space with each passing year. Recommended.