VINE VOICEon 7 August 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I wanted this package to help my son, who is almost 17, prepare as safely as possible for starting to learn to drive. I suppose when I was learning 20 years ago the thing to do was buy a copy of the highway code and study it, and that's what I did. That seems pretty old fashioned now for this generation of young people who demand something more interactive, and that's what appeals about this package. The test sections are designed to give you practice so that when you have lessons or a real test you can have practised in a very realistic way. Of course since I passed my test 20 years ago the test has got more sophisitcated and this is reflected in the contents of the driving test package that's offered here.
My son took it all in his stride - he is on his PC most of the day anyway, so he found the package very easy to use. He said he found it interesting and easy to use and helpful in telling him what he needs to know before he starts having lessons. He doesn't say that much, being a typical teenager, but I get the impression he much prefers it to a paper copy of the highway code and I think it's a great investment for anyone who has a teenager coming up to the age where they want to take lessons.
The only thing now is to start saving for lessons and insurance costs - gulp!
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I got these for my partner as she wanted to swot-up on her Theory skills.

But having to install the programs was a drag. And the fact that the lessons are on different disks is an added pain.

In use, there are fancy animated icons instead of simple menus. This may look cool (to some people) but makes using the software fiddly to use and cumbersome.

There didn't seem to be much continuity between sections, either.

All in all, this may have the right information but it isn't presented in the easiest to understand way.

I think users should be able to use such tools to learn driving theory WITHOUT first having to use-up precious brain-power and attention span on learning how to use the software itself.

As such, it has been discarded by my partner.

[My Ref: Naff and dated 3-disc driving software Oct 2012]]
on 30 October 2010
super product, has everything you need to help you pass your test. Very easy to use and makes learning enjoyable. bought this for my son whos learning to drive and hes having great fun working his way through it.
VINE VOICEon 25 March 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Easy to load, easy to set up and very easy to use. Loads of info to help you get through the theory test. All the questions are probably on here. Be aware that from January 2012 the DSA are not issuing the official questions to anybody so don't learn these by rote. Get a copy of the highway code as well. The hazard perception is a bit of a problem with the small screen. It is not like that on the actual test where the 14 clips are full screen and hazards are easier to see. Having said all that this is a very good way to practice for the hazard. Oh by the way, when you go for the test DON'T FORGET TO TAKE BOTH PARTS OF YOUR LICENCE that is the photo ID AND the paper counterpart. They won't test you if you leave one at home (no exceptions) and that is £31 down the drain.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 10 September 2011
Success from this 17 year old:

Driving Test Success was extremely useful for passing my theory test. I purely revised from the Theory Test questions, and as every official question that I could be asked was on there I had no surprises when sitting the test. The questions were neatly sorted into smaller categories such as Accidents or Documents so it was easy to sit down and complete one section at a time. It also meant that I could go through harder sections several times and do easier ones just once. Although I did not read the Highway Code that was provided, by having it there I was able to check information that was not clear when I failed certain questions. I also found the Practice Exam invaluable as it mixed different questions together each time I sat it. It helped me identify which categories I was uncertain on and after getting full marks several times I felt confident that I was ready. The Hazard Perception CD was also invaluable. Without it, I am certain that I would have been lost when sitting the test. It gave plenty of scenarios and although I felt it marked harshly it prepared me well for the test. I found it particularly helpful to rewatch the videos and see when I should have clicked. I did not use the practical lessons very much. Having said that, after a lesson if I was unsure on a manoeuvre, the practical lessons reminded me what I should do. The Official DSA Show me, Tell me test questions were also provided with the correct answers. Although I have not done my practical test yet, I know that this will be helpful to revise certain information. Overall, I found this product extremely practical and helpful and think that it is all you need to pass a theory test. It condensed the amount of work I had to prepare for and taught me exactly what I needed to know! I would strongly recommend it to other learners who want to pass their theory test and especially those without much time.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This box set is startlingly comprehensive, and covers pretty much everything you need for your theory test. It also makes inroads on preparing you for the practical. There are three CD's provided within the - slightly oversize - box. One focused on the Theory itself, one on Hazard Perception, and one on the Practical test.

The Theory test content is very useful, with tutorials and practice sessions, as well as a bank of ten `mock' theory tests, which I suspect contain all of the official questions. The interface is very simple, and looks similar to the standard DSA touchscreen interface. I particularly liked that after doing a mock, each question that was got wrong could be reviewed, and either a `hint', or the entire correct answer provided, in order to spark memory. This DVD also contains hazard perception clips, shot in the same style as the DSA clips. I'm not convinced by the `rhythmic clicking' detection, but overall, these are also quite good, recording a score, and letting you know whether it's average, good, and so on.

The `Hazard Perception' DVD does some of this as well, but provides additional clips and examples. I did like how you could go through one clip at a time, or run through an entire mock-hazard-perception test. That said, if you have to get up and go somewhere in the middle of it, this can be a bit frustrating.
The Practical test DVD covers the various manoeuvres, similarly to the `driving simulators' used elsewhere; however, the inclusion of all of the `show me - tell me' questions was very welcome.

Each DVD takes up 1.5-2Gigabytes of space on your PC, which is a fair amount, so make sure you meet that requirement before you start installing. I also can't say I was very impressed when the Theory Test DVD tried to sell me PC Upgrade software, and proved resistant to letting me click away from it (there was no `Not interested' option). This 'hard sell' tactic was extremely irritating, and lost the package a star by itself.

Overall, this is an excellent package for theory test preparation - it's just a bit resource heavy, and it's a shame it tries to foist uninvited software off on you during the install.
VINE VOICEon 2 June 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Comprising three separate disks, this comprehensive selection of disks provides everything you need to pass your driving test. Including every question that can be asked in the current theory test, sample hazard perception and practical driving guides this really is the most comprehensive set I've seen to help you pass your driving test.

Having been through the most recent set of theory tests, I understand the need for practice particularly on the hazard perception section which is seen to some to be more than subjective. Cheaper than the book of questions and more similar to the realistic test environment the included disks allow you to practice both sections of the Theory test to ensure there are no surprises on the day. For those learning without a driving instructor the guide to the new "Independent Driving" section of the test is invaluable in preparation for the real thing.

Overall an excellent guide, but not enough to justify the upgrade from All-In-One Driving Test (part of the same series) or for an upgrade to the Premium version.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
For taking the theory test, this product is ideal as it includes all the materials (Highway Code, Video material for practising for the video parts of the theory test etc.) required to pass the test.

The video for the practical test was also helpful particularly for someone (like me) who took some time to pass this part of the test.

All in all I would recommend this product to someone looking for a comprehensive tool to help them pass both the theory and practical driving tests. Although of course it can't replace driving lessons.
VINE VOICEon 14 January 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Like most software products, the packaging belies what lies within. The attractive outer box contains three DVDs. These load quite straightforwardly onto your PC, and are easy to use. The theory and practical tests are covered, and 'Hazard Perception' on the third. Compared with what preparation was available thirty years ago (a book, and that was it), this is excellent. However, the DVDs do require a fair bit of disk space, about 1.5 GB each; although many will not find that a problem, I do find my computer's hard disk rapidly filling up with stuff.

Still this is excellent value and highly recommendable.
VINE VOICEon 5 February 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I'm totally new to driving, and was a bit worried that it would take me forever to learn everything! Had visions of me sat on the bus, reading through books for the next few years.... This software is really easy to use. Easy to install too. It's fun to work through, and it must be doing something right, as things seem to be sticking in my head! Soon, it will be lesson time for me, and hopefully I will have learnt so much theory, I will just be able to concentrate on driving!Wish me luck :p