on 9 January 2011
This is a follow on book from Saving Rachel (A Donovan Creed Crime Novel) and it doent disapoint, though you don't have to have read saving rachel this book can stand alone. Buddy Pancake hears though a friend about a website that grants a person 4 wishes, anything they want. Buddy doesnt believe its real and sees it as a bit of a laugh so when his wife Lissie is asleep one night he creeps downstairs and puts in his wishes to the website, without reading the small print. When his wishes start coming true he soon realises that his life is in danger and that of his wifes. As Buddy tries to piece the jigsaw together he is made to do and watch things that will shock and devestate him to his very core. This is a fast paced book with lots of twists and turns i felt a bit dizzy! Though it was worth it.John Locke has the ability in his writing to create a suspenseful thriller while at the same time make you laugh out loud. this book is a must read. Its not overly long so the suspense never ends and keeps you engrossed until the last page.
on 31 January 2011
I purchased this book based on the high ratings and it did not disappoint. I consider it a bargain at 99 cents. This book is full of intriguing characters and after reading it, I immediately looked for more in the Donovan Creed series.

This book has Donovan Creed (former CIA agent) take a back seat for the sad tale of Buddy Pancake. Buddy is an average middle-aged guy who is mislead by a childhood friend into joining an online website called The Wishlist where four wishes are granted. Too bad most people didn't read the fine print which detailed the possible high price for each wish granted. This story was original and very entertaining to read. At the beginning, I thought Donovan Creed was a creep and Buddy Pancake the hero but by the end, I had reversed my opinion - somewhat. Donovan Creed was still creepy but in a nicer way. This is the first book I have read by this author and it made me want to read more about Donovan Creed and Rachael. This story stands alone but reading previous works in this series might have added more to all the back stories.

The idea that when properly motivated, people will go to any lengths even those who would protest otherwise was penned with a dark sardonic twist. It made for fast page turning and I finished this book in one reading. I highly recommend this book for anyone interested in dark thrillers.
on 7 July 2014
I nearly gave up on this after the first few chapters as mainly centred around 4 mates getting high and making extremely crass and crude comments - even though they were all supposedly respectable men with wives and careers. Had just about decided this was a book aimed at teenage boys when the idea of the wish list kicked in and I got curious.

The only thing that kept me hooked until the end was wondering how it was all going to end. But I didn't like the pervert main character (Donovan Creed), I didn't get ANY of the jokes about Mr Pancake and some ads of some sort, I didn't like the flip way a woman's insanity was rushed over (won't say more as it's in the latter half) and I certainly didn't like the gratuitous violence or the extensive rape scene.

Someone mentioned it being humourous...I have to say if it was I didn't find it. Nothing funny about 2 men being forced into a cage to fight to the death, is there?

I've given it a 3 but that's because the idea of the Wish List and people not reading the Terms and Conditions was a really good one. But I doubt I'll read another Donovan Creed.
VINE VOICEon 13 June 2014
What if a website could grant you four wishes... What would you wish for? What would you expect to pay in Return? When Buddy Pancake, a loser by his own admission, in a dead end job, find such a Site... he wishes for one thing out of his league, one to set him up for life, one for revenge... and one simple some thing maybe we would all wish for. When things start to happen he thinks nothing of the consequences until it's too late... he is up to his neck in it and desperate for help... shop desperate he tends to killer Donovan for help.

I love John Locke and his Donovan Creek novels, as a commuter his books are perfect for the journey, fun and fast moving but very very dark. John Locke through the eyes of trained killer Donovan loves to probe the dark side of morals, ethics and motivation. Wish List asks how far could you be pushed when granted your dearest wish?

So what price are you willing to pay for your hearts desire?
on 15 January 2011
Wish List is the first John Locke book I have read. I downloaded it after reading the reviews, as its not the type of book I would normally read....but it was great. Firstly it was funny, then it changed to suspense then horror. The only thing that let it down was its quite short. I have now downloaded his other books in the hope they are as good as this one.
on 8 December 2013
After Creed Book 4 this was better which isn't saying much. By now I'm sort of addicted to the Creed books but also wondering why I'm readng them! They are a bit like One Direction of the pop world, you don't like them, you think they are rubbish but you find yourself strangely humming long to their songs, which you quite like.
This book starts off with a different character and Creed is later introduced into the book which gives it a slightly different angle. This book could probably be read on it's own without reading the previous 3.
on 24 March 2013
Unputdownable. So far I have read up to number 5 in just over 4 days. I am now Creedless until my wages go in on Tuesday. I don't know how I will survive until then,or what I will do when I have read all of them. Come on John Locke,write faster. I need to have my regular fix.
on 6 September 2014
I think this is another book that has the main character put in it. He is not mentioned until at least half way through and to be honest this could have done without him.

Very unusual in that the story probably would have been better if he had not turned up!
on 31 January 2013
LOVE the Donovan Creed series, you can read them quite quickly but the always make me laugh (odd for a thrillery type book) Donovan is such a complex odd character, think Sheldon Cooper crossed with Jason Bourne! Great read, you can dip in & out of the series at will.
on 12 January 2013
Really enjoyed this one. The last two books in the series were awful but this one was actually really good. I hate how creed falls for a different girl in every book, still he is what he is. Great book, love the plot . It's quite scary actually but a really good book