on 8 May 2011
We bought the first Charlie Bone book separately for my 7 year old son who had just finished the Percy Jackson series. We thought it would appeal to him. He loved it and had finished it within a few days so we purchased the whole set (great value considering an individual book was £6.99). He is still hooked and our 9 year old daughter has just got the 'Charlie Bone' bug!
on 18 May 2013
I bought these books for my then, 8year old daughter, as they were individually published and wish I could have bought the complete set for this bargain price. The books are great, really well written, magical elements, descriptive language that flows well (even when read aloud to a child)and the right amount of suspense to keep you wanting more without being scary. I would recommend for a reading age 7-11 and have bought these as presents for other children, boys and girls.
on 29 January 2014
Such a great price for all these books, first two were eaten by snails - yes really - so got these as bundle for my littlest and he's overjoyed but wants the covers nibbled
on 6 June 2013
Started reading the first Charlie Bone to get my 7 year old son interested in reading. Saw numerous recommendations on Amazon for this set and am not disappointed. I feel the books are quite advanced for a 7 year old to ready by themselves but he loves me reading them at bedtime. Good story, not unlike Harry Potter. * book set is great value!
on 21 June 2013
My son has rocketed through this series, and really enjoyed it. He is also a big fan of Percy Jackson and Harry Potter, I think it is probably an easier read than those, but a huge success nevertheless. I'm just happy my boy loves to read, and anything that encourages that is fine by me!
on 16 December 2010
I purchased all 8 books in this series because of the good reviews. Excellent service from the Seller. Very enjoyable story about a young boy called Charlie Bone and the strange things that happen to him and his friends. I think that young readers (9 years plus) may find these stories enjoyable to read, if they have all 8 books, as the story flows from one to the other. A bit of histroy (Charlie's family past) which comes to light as Charlie continues to defies his Grandmother. Does he have magic abilites or is he just a very talented and gifted child like his friends who are very unique to what each of them can do. Team work is required, problems to resolve, fun to be had, understanding what is around you, as there is always someone who will help if they are asked. Great story line, very interesting ending. I have enjoyed these books despite being an adult. I have read The Snow Spider Trilogy by Jenny Nimmo, another enjoyable story for young readers.
on 18 May 2016
Nice looking, but the quality of the paper on the covers is very low. After carrying the book around in a handbag for a couple of days the cover was already worn considerably. I had to wrap it up to prevent it from getting all torn up.

Very entertaining stories, well written, original, fun.
on 30 April 2016
Great books. Great service - packaged well and delivered in two days, and great value for money - the complete series would usually retail for almost triple as much.

These were my favorite books growing up and so i just had to buy them for my little brother to read. Well worth the buy.
review image
on 28 June 2013
My son loves sets of books as he enjoys following a character through lots of situations and seeing them develop. He has read two of these without difficulty and finds the story engaging.
on 7 August 2013
Excellent. Fast delivery arriving in time for 10 year old grandson's birthday.

He was thrilled with the books and I was thrilled with the price