5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic product
I have been using these for a week now, and have listened to all manner of music through them, from orchestral, to pop, to jazz, opera, choral, rock... and they have performed exactly as I had hoped they would, which is to say they play back any track exactly as the producer in the recording studio would have heard it. Every detail can be heard in any genera, so if the...
Published on 8 Feb 2011 by James

3.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic sound, questionable durability
I'm not going to get massively into the sound quality. The rest of the reviews here are testament to how fantastic these earphones are both in range and depth. If your music collection is electronic and descent digital quality then don't think twice. My only issue with Shure products is that a pair of Shure SE210s became faulty after a few months, and these (very kindly...
Published on 7 Feb 2012 by Emmanuel Xirogiannis

3.0 out of 5 stars Great sound, however, 18 Feb 2013
This review is from: Shure SE315-K Sound Isolating Earphone Hi-Definition Micro Speaker with Tuned Bass Port (Black) (Electronics)
I love the sound quality of this product but the fit in my ear is less than perfect though I have tried a number of the fittings supplied with the product.

3.0 out of 5 stars Warning for iPhone users, 28 Jan 2013
Caveat Emptor: if you have an iPhone with a "Bumper" (rubber protective cover that goes around the edge of the phone, as sold by Apple) it will not be compatible with the Shure SE315 earphones as the plug does not reach far enough into the socket through the Bumper.

I did not have this problem with my old Shure 'phones (SE210) as the shape of the plastic neck around the plug was different.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great in-ear phones but..., 23 Sep 2012
N. Bailey "nialli" (London) - See all my reviews
These are great. Let them burn in for a week or two and they're superb with a wonderful, rounded natural sound. Not for bass nuts admitedly, but if you want to hear rather the music as it should sound rather than thudding artificially, these are the business.
But if you really want to experience the best from them on an Apple iPhone or iPod, I highly recommend coupling them with the Fiio E5 amp to make them sing, so be sure to add the FiiO E05 Headphone Amplifier and FiiO L3 Line Out Dock Cable for iPod, iPhone, iPad to your order.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow - is all I can say!!!, 5 Sep 2012
Pair these bad boys up with a decent MP3 player and u've got urself a portable hi-fi. I'm using them with the Cowon Z2 and words cannot describe the sound quality of these puppies. Bass via the Z2 is like being in a club - I've even had to keep the bass equalizer settings to a minimum cos it pounds that loud - u FEEL the sound. Have found they work best for me with the rubber tips fitted and the fit is excellent especially with the flexible clip around ear cables - very liittle unwanted movement when in the ears as there's a pulley system to take the slack weight of the cable. Price wise, expensive but worth every penny - "SHURE" is the way forward for amazing sound. Raises the bar for the rest of the earphone market.

5.0 out of 5 stars Shure E315, 21 Aug 2012
Great for noise reduction and in-ear monitoring on stage. Would happily recommend these headphones to any musician who needs clarity on stage

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome earphones!, 5 April 2012
These earphones were recommended to me by my boyfriend. I got myself a pair, and wasn't disappointed! The sound quality is incredible, and totally surrounding, you could close your eyes and imagine you were on your own desert island, wherever you are! Love them!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Underated online., 17 Jan 2012
Firstly, great service and very speedy delivery from the seller. Most impressed.

Now the earphones themselves. When looking for a decent set of in-ear headphones I spent a lot of time reading reviews here, there and everywhere. The one thing I noticed was that although there were very few reviews for the Shure SE315's, I could not find a negative one. Having looked around, I finally settled on the Shure's and placed my order.

I am very, very happy with both the build and sound quality of these earphones. They feel very sturdy and the solid in the hand. One thing that should be pointed out is the the length of the cable is longer that any other earphones I owned before but this is not a bad thing, just something to be aware of. The cable is strong and appears to be reinforced in the correct and often problematic areas such as the jack point, the splitting point and where the cable meets the buds themselves.

The buds are small and fit my ears very well although obviously this is a personal opinion. So far, I have only used the foam tips as I feel these provide the best sound isolation and inward quality. The Shures come with a large number of various tips and this will be a personal preference for each owner.

Obviously one of the things that make these earphones different from most is the way in which the cable joins the bud from the top and then loops around the top of your ear and then down as normal. If you've never owned a set like this, it can take a little getting used to but this is short lived and you soon forget about it. This method also offers a more secure fit and means they are less likely to work themselves loose while you move about.

Now for the sound. The sound of these earphones is very, very good. I'm not a professional in any way in this field but I do love listening to many different types of music and when I listen I want to hear as much detail and clarity as I can. Whilst I'm more than aware there will be better sounding earphones, I feel for the money, this set offers great value for money.
As other reviews have stated, these earphones are not bass loaded. There is enough there and it's clear without distorting any other detail in the music.
The sound stage as a whole is wide and offers great clarity for lows to highs.

Overall, I'm very happy with my purchase and I'm SHURE you will be to if you decide to buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Shure SE315 In-ear headphones., 26 Sep 2011
K. Rahman (UK) - See all my reviews
First thing you will notise are that these headphones look good and the build quality along with the cable is strong. A selection of buds are available to test but are very hard to take off but easy to put on, so be careful as to not break the unit while trialling the buds.
The medium black buds seem to be the correct fitting but does not fully block out the outside noise as I would have preferred a slightly larger ear buds to be +90% external sound block. There is a larger black ear bud but it seems to become uncomfortable after a while but it does help with blocking out +90% of outside noise.
You will notice that these headphones are very clear and precise with the mid and highs, though they lack that thumpy low level base, I have an MP3 player wich allows me to change the sound via BBE sound processor which helps it to give that extra base.
As the reviews say, this is a well balanced single driver in-ear headphone but for the base, you should utilise your players sound processor to give it some low level.
One annoying factor is, putting on the headphone will take you around 30 seconds plus once you get used to it, longer when you are trying it for the first time.
They do blend in to your ear which prevents you looking out of place as it does not petrude out like the Monster beats.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 31 Aug 2014
Great headphones! Awesome sound and isolating is amazing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing sounds, 27 Jan 2011
I bought these and was then a little worried as I'd read about a lack of bass. Now I've used them to listen to a wide array of music and must say that the bass is fine with my iPod touch. Its not pounding but I think any more could detract from the absolutely amazing clarity of the sound these provide. Great product and compared to other headphones in this price range (such as the beats range by monster which we have in our store and I have tried out to great dissapointment) these come out, for me, amongst the best.