5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely terrible!!! No power whatsoever
Published 13 months ago by E. K. Thompson

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 16 Jun 2011
Terry Breeds "gentilis" (Medway.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Panasonic NN-SF460M 27 Litre Flatbed Microwave Oven in Silver (Kitchen & Home)
Worth every penny. The fact that there is no revolving plate means that you can get much more inside the unit. We have a set of square plates as well as round ones. In a normal microwave the square ones wouldn't revolve but in this oven two will stand side by side. If you have more than one item to cook or re-heat (i.e. plums and custard in separate dishes) both will stand side by side. I can't rate this cooker high enough.

4.0 out of 5 stars A little disappointed, 14 Jan 2012
It was time to replace my last Panasonic microwave which lasted 10 years. The flatbed model appealed to me because it has less moving parts and less to go wrong. I was happy to pay a little extra for a good quality microwave that did all the basic functions well but I'm not sure if I got what I bargained for. Compared with my last 27 litre microwave the flatbed offers plenty more room for plates but the internal height is shallower so you don't gain anything from losing the rotating glass plate. When you press the button to open the door the entire unit moves backwards, I'm not sure if this is due to the weight or inadequate grip from the feet. A final minor irritation is the fact that the oven does not default to the maximum power setting - every time I use it I have to select an energy setting. Why Panasonic? Surely everyone wants maximum power for 99% of the time. This is a good quality microwave but it has some design flaws.

5.0 out of 5 stars Microwave improvement, 18 April 2011
I have had a panasonic microwave for many years and have found them effeciant and simple to use. When it became necessary to replace my existing model with a simple to operate model, without all the 'add-on' I discovered the Flatbed Microwave. I love it. It does hold larger containers if required. It is simple to use. The The chaos defrost and turbo reheat are both improvements on previous models. There is no warming of the edges on the defrost, and the turbo reheat does even reheating. It is necessary to include the correct weight when using these programmes. It does seem strange when the contents don't move round, but you get used to that quickly. A slightrly larger machine, but I have plenty of room.

5.0 out of 5 stars PANASONIC GREAT, 28 Dec 2010
this ia the 3rd panasonic microwave l have bout in about 20 years and l have never had any problem with them, this one is very very good and very easy to clean it is large so holds a great deal,
well done Panasonic.

5.0 out of 5 stars PANASONIC NN-SF460M FLATBED MICROWAVE, 26 Mar 2011
NO TURNTABLE MEANS EASY TO CLEAN AND LESS TO GO WRONG AS ITS USUALLY THE TURNTABLE THAT PACKS UP FIRST
GREAT MICROWAVE, NO COMPLAINTS SO FAR, QUIET OPERATION AND EASY TO USE
WORTH THE BIT EXTRA FOR A GOOD MAKE I THINK, MONEY PERMITTING

UPDATE MARCH 2013 STILL WORKING PERFECTLY AFTER REGULAR DAILY USE AND DO NOT MISS THE ANNOYING TURNTABLE
THAT ALWAYS BROKE ON MY PREVIOUS MICROWAVES.
EASY TO CLEAN
HIGHLY RECOMMEND

4.0 out of 5 stars Definitely a lot slower than my last microwave, 3 Aug 2013
This was to replace a 14-year old 850w combination turntable microwave, so whatever I say is in reference to that rather than any other microwave available. Overall, I very much prefer it, but there are some things you should know.

The sole reason I prefer it is that it cooks, and more importantly, defrosts a lot more evenly than my old one. For that I am more than prepared to put up with:

> Slower, by 30-50%.
> Auto Defrost fails to defrost fully when I put in the correct weight
> Minimum of 3 buttons to start it, compared with just one before
> Soft film buttons that are already deteriorating because they split when anyone pushes them with a nail

It is neater than my old one without a turntable, which is a small benefit. Overall, I find it mind boggling that basic interface issues have got worse over 13 years instead of better. It's a miracle I gave it 4 stars, but more even cooking and defrosting is the most important function.

5.0 out of 5 stars At last NO turntable, 22 Jun 2012
Had a Philips microwave without a turntable originally about 28 years ago which finally died about 10 years ago. I have searched ever since for one without a turntable as you can only get a larger capacity with all the trimmings i.e grill, which defeats the point of a microwave. Finally after several turntable editions which have failed to last, I found this one. I can now use my steak plates in this oven (oval shape).
I have not used all the programmes on it yet, but then I never do. Plain cooking and reheating it works a treat and is easy to clean. Can now use any shaped container in it rather than just round. Would recommend for this alone.

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely terrible!!! No power whatsoever, 4 Mar 2013
E. K. Thompson "Kate" (Colchester, UK) - See all my reviews
This is my fourth panasonic microwave - I have loved all previous ones, never wanted a convection oven so seeking a larger microwave I went for this. It is DIRE. Last one (800W) would reheat/cook in a fifth the time this does. It takes longer than a conventional oven/hob, completely useless for a busy family of 6! Even "Turbo Reheat" is a joke, it took 8 minutes to reheat a small cereal bowl full of mince. Shocking, it's going back.

4.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic Microwave, 3 May 2011
Linda French "Blondie" (Bedfordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
Everything about this Microwave is excellent. It arrived within 2 days. Instructions are very easy to follow, very similar to other Panasonic turntable microwaves that I have had in the past. Not seeing the food spinning around takes some getting used to, but it cooks & heats very well. Need to practice more with my defrosting, especially the weight v time ratio, but it is an excellent machine that performs well. Would highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic Mirowave, 1 Feb 2012
Read the reviews posted and gave it a go,read the instructions (yes I am a man) and was cooking within mins.
The Chaos Defrost is brilliant, just select the food type and weight and hit start.
The program beeps to tell you to turn the food and prevent hot spots.
Turbo Reheat is fantastic, gets thing ready in half the time as my old micro, all in all a great product.

ARRAY(0xae3e2f60)