4.0 out of 5 stars Pin-sharp and utterly relentless.
Just finished watching this DVD so thought I'd review while it's still fresh in the mind!

Published on 26 Nov 2010 by R. Draper

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't make me laugh
I thought that this guy was really funny on Mock The Week. I bought the dvd hoping for more of the same. Sadly, some of it was EXACTLY the same. There is other material on the dvd that I haven't heard from him. But I have to say, I was very disappointed. I didn't laugh out loud once. The best I could muster was a few smiles. Not quite the face-ache I was hoping for. I'll...
Published on 9 Sep 2011 by sucker for sharks

4.0 out of 5 stars Pin-sharp and utterly relentless., 26 Nov 2010
R. Draper (Manchester, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Stewart Francis Live - Tour de Francis [DVD] (DVD)

I was already familiar with Stewart Francis - I've seen him a few times on Mock The Week and was lucky enough to catch his 20-minute supporting role for Ricky Gervais on his Science tour last year. He strikes me as a bit of a Marmite comedian - people who appreciate his blend of lightning-quick one-liners and deadpan humour think the man is a genius whereas others might prefer their humour with a touch more depth.

I'm in the first category - this 70 minute barrage of puns and wordplay absolutely cracked me up. There's quite a bit of material from MTW and his appearance on Live at the Apollo recycled here, but for the most part it still raises a big laugh and in this kind of setting Francis is free to do his own thing and be a little cruder than usual, and it's to good effect.

There's very little in the way of slow or awkward parts - Francis is professional enough to work through the lines that don't necessarily elicit a big laugh and in the next minute fire off an absolutely classic punchline. He doesn't need to rely on audience participation - the material is strong and clever enough across the hundreds of jokes to make your cheeks cramp up from grinning so much.

Highly recommended and perfect viewing for a quiet evening - exactly the kind of humour that everyone, young or old, male or female, can enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars must buy, 15 Oct 2010
This review is from: Stewart Francis Live - Tour de Francis [DVD] (DVD)
I saw him on this tour whilst he was at Warwick and would thoroughly recommend the DVD to anyone. His one liner jokes will have you in fits of laughter and he just keeps with them throughout without stopping. For any of you who has seen his work before his tour has had a whole host of brand new jokes in as well as the classic ones which he is associated with, I cannot wait to get this DVD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Relentlessly funny, 12 Dec 2010
gordon henry (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Stewart Francis Live - Tour de Francis [DVD] (DVD)
I'd seen Stewart Francis on TV doing short slots - and some of that material is on this DVD - but for over an hour he keeps doing one-liners, puns, running jokes, self-deprecation and pure craziness. Probably more original, laugh-out-loud jokes than you'll get on any other DVD and definitely the cleverest and funniest stand-up currently working. If you don't laugh at this there is no hope for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Side splittingly funny!!, 10 Nov 2010
This review is from: Stewart Francis Live - Tour de Francis [DVD] (DVD)
Saw this tour live last week and i sent the WHOLE time laughing. By the end of it my face was hurting. Totally recommend this for any stand up fan! Brilliant comedian

4.0 out of 5 stars Amusing DVD., 28 Dec 2010
This review is from: Stewart Francis Live - Tour de Francis [DVD] (DVD)
Basically a collection of one-liners - very witty, sometimes not very PC - just what you normally hear from Stewart Francis on "Mock the Week".

5.0 out of 5 stars Stuart Francis enough said, 3 Jun 2014
This review is from: Stewart Francis Live - Tour de Francis [DVD] (DVD)
Stuart Francis is the master of the one liner delivery, if you've seen him on Mock the Week or live you will know he is epiclly funny!

Get it you will laugh you bits off!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 4 May 2014
This review is from: Stewart Francis Live - Tour de Francis [DVD] (DVD)
I am not into stand up comedy but i got this more my dad and he loved it!! He made me watch it with him, and stewart francis is so quick and funny! i have actually seen a lot of comedians and he is the best, came in great time and conditions

4.0 out of 5 stars stewart francis live, 25 Nov 2013
This review is from: Stewart Francis Live - Tour de Francis [DVD] (DVD)
again his one liners are brilliant and he handled the dvd well. both my huisband and myself would watch this again

5.0 out of 5 stars stewar francis live tour do francis, 16 Oct 2013
This review is from: Stewart Francis Live - Tour de Francis [DVD] (DVD)
Bought as a present for a friend who loves him, so cannot comment further. Bought for a reasonable price thanks

4.0 out of 5 stars master gag man, 1 Aug 2013
This review is from: Stewart Francis Live - Tour de Francis [DVD] (DVD)
Great dvd Stewart Francis is the king of the one liner if you like a quick gag I would recommend this

Stewart Francis Live - Tour de Francis [DVD]
Stewart Francis Live - Tour de Francis [DVD] by Stewart Francis (DVD - 2010)
8.52