5.0 out of 5 stars Old enough to remember all the rubbish mugs
Published on 9 April 2011 by R. Supward

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a good buy
Not a well made item, my handle was wonky and had a large hole under the top joint to the body, so didn't trust it and returned it. Not a great thing to drink from either - seemed like a good idea at the time, but far too expensive for what it is.
Published 9 months ago by Roger

5.0 out of 5 stars Old enough to remember all the rubbish mugs, 9 April 2011
This review is from: Dr Who Tardis Mug and Lid (Kitchen & Home)
Unlike several reveiwers of this mug (c'mon 'fess up), I BOUGHT IT FOR MYSELF!! As a matter of fact, I bought 2 so that my much suffering other half could have one as well. Now, I have to point out that I am only an adult as a direct result of my having had too many birthdays. In my mind, I'm 14 year old fan of the show and have spent 100's and 100's on 'toys' (which I prefer to call 'collectables'in front of grown-ups) since the show came back in 2005. These mugs look the part and they will keep my hot drink hot whilst I'm busy wrapped in the latest adventure. The lid will stopped my dunked biscuits from falling into the tea while I'm waiting for a gap in the programme to enable me to locate my mouth.. My poor old boyfriend has had 33 years of my belief in the Good Dr and his battles against evil, going all the way back to Tom Baker. At my time of life, I have watched since William Hartnell and while not quite as scared of the Daleks as I was, I can remember all that tat we were allowed to buy in the 60' & 70s. So I can say that this mug is the best Dr Who mug I have ever seen. The merchandise seem to genuinely be improving since 2005 and let's hope the powers that be keep it that way. I just hope my army of Daleks don't destroy the mug too quickly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have!, 5 Feb 2011
This review is from: Dr Who Tardis Mug and Lid (Kitchen & Home)
This mug is a must-have for any Doctor Who fans! Unlike the other mugs I've seen which have just an image of TARDIS printed on them, this one is actually shaped like the famous time-travelling booth. Be warned that it is quite bigger than how it seems in the images, which makes it perfect for a decent tea. I'm not sure what it's made of, but it never gets too hot so it's very practical in this respect.

4.0 out of 5 stars Feels solid and looks great, 16 Jan 2011
Nicola Loftus (Liverpool, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dr Who Tardis Mug and Lid (Kitchen & Home)
I bought this mug as a Christmas gift for a friend and another friend has already bought herself one after seeing it. One uses it functionally as a mug and the other uses it as an ornament. It feels solid and looks great.

5.0 out of 5 stars yes it is, 28 April 2012
beardyian (Portsmouth, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dr Who Tardis Mug and Lid (Kitchen & Home)
An excellent buy - a nice sturdy mug that is bigger on the inside than you usual mug :) something every Timelord would be proud to own.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy This Mug., 25 Jan 2012
This review is from: Dr Who Tardis Mug and Lid (Kitchen & Home)
This mug, is beyond all doubt, one of the best items of crockery I have ever purchased.

It works brilliantly, Its painted beautifully. It functions well, and is great to look at.

the only complaint is that it is harder to drink out of a square mug than you would think...
But lets face it, If it was round, it wouldn't be half as good!!

The lid is also very nice, but can be awkward to clean!!

PS: ive been using it for 3 months now, and its fine in the dishwasher.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cool :), 26 Nov 2011
Pros: - Looks awesome
- Ok quality (Will edit once I've had it in the long run)
- Lid helps keep beverages warm

Cons: - Colour looks a bit off in some places. Maybe I just got a bad one. Hopefully won't come off when I wash it.
- Awkward to drink from. Drinking from the side leaves the risk of the liquid spilling, but it's uncomfortable to drink from the pointy corners :S
- Very big for a mug. I can use it as a mini cookie jar if I wanted to :O Though I guess this can be seen as a good thing too, you can hold a lot of liquid in it.

Overall, any Doctor Who fan should love this. I bought this as a gift but I think I might buy another for myself :)

EDIT: I can confirm that the colour does indeed come off the more you wash it. Washed it twice since I got it and the colour is turning white in a few areas, particularly around the rim of the mug and the windows. Disappointed because this was so expensive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality 'Who fan must have!, 1 July 2013
This review is from: Dr Who Tardis Mug and Lid (Kitchen & Home)
I bought this as a gift for a grown-up Dr Who fan. I was a little dubious about the shape, but went with it following the other comments on this page. The new owner reports that it is usable, although does feel a little strange drinking from the corner. If you couldn't get used to it, it will make a very attractive pen pot, so don't be put off!

It looks great and really is good quality. Someone posted that it's only decorated on 3 sides, but that's incorrect (certainly now) as the one I ordered is decorated on all 4 sides as you would expect.

I worried that it might feel or look cheap, but it is neither and both myself and the recipient are very pleased with the finish.

1.0 out of 5 stars wrong product, 16 April 2014
This review is from: Dr Who Tardis Mug and Lid (Kitchen & Home)
would have been a great purchase if I had been sent the correct product. Lid does not fit, and the windows are glued on bits of vinyl, in all a huge mistake buying this product

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a good buy, 30 Sep 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 26 Sep 2011
This review is from: Dr Who Tardis Mug and Lid (Kitchen & Home)
Excellent little mug. Don't worry about the square shape making it awkward to drink, its totally fine to use. Also, the lid keeps everything warmer for longer

Dr Who Tardis Mug and Lid