5.0 out of 5 stars no fuss bateries
Easy to purchase, good value when compared against the major brands in price, capacity, and power, what is more in basic packaging that comes easily through your letterbox.
Published 23 months ago by Mr. B. W. Haynes

3.0 out of 5 stars Typically 60% longevity when compared to Duracell Plus
I've been using these for some time now in various low drain devices and I kept a record of how long they lasted in comparison to the Duracell Plus batteries I was previously using. In every case this has been between 58% and 64%. Prices vary, but they seem relatively poor value when compared to Duracell.

I know that there are significant variations in the...
Published 20 months ago by Darrin Stevens

3.0 out of 5 stars Typically 60% longevity when compared to Duracell Plus, 3 Jan 2013
This review is from: AmazonBasics AA Alkaline Batteries Pack of 20 (Personal Care)

I know that there are significant variations in the performance of different batches of batteries but this seems fairly conclusive.

5.0 out of 5 stars no fuss bateries, 20 Sep 2012
Mr. B. W. Haynes "b & e haynes" (North Wales) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
When first delivered the batteries gave a voltage of 1.62V and this was maintained over a fairly long period of storage and has only decreased slightly over a period of intermittent use. If subjected to a short period of high drain they recovered well, though this ability understandably deteriorates with continued high drain usage. I replaced batteries in three handsets, and a couple of clocks over 12 months ago, and so far none have required changing.
Indicated shelf life of my last purchase was in excess of four years.

1.0 out of 5 stars Low quality batteries with low lifetime, 8 April 2013
Low quality batteries with low lifetime. I would step up for the slightly more expensive ones as they will last longer.

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't be fooled - these are good quality, 12 July 2011
A. I. McCulloch "Andrea" (Co Durham) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
With these batteries having a 'no-frills' appearance I'd assumed they were perhaps just one step up from the poundshop. I was wrong. These are excellent quality long-life batteries that have lasted well. I found I was replacing cheap batteries in my cordless mouse almost weekly - one set of these has lasted four weeks so far.

Regarding the one extremely negative review these have received, the reviewer perhaps had a faulty batch as they have proved to be fine. They compare very well with the market leaders in my opinion.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, 15 July 2014
Cheap batteries are often as good as more expensive branded ones, unfortunately this is not the case here. Five batteries in the pack were dud and three had voltages significantly lower than 1.5v. None lasted very long. Will stick to procell batteries in future (which are only slightly more expensive!!).

4.0 out of 5 stars Loved these batteries, 12 July 2013
Great batteries work just as well as the major brands and Amazon have done a great job with the packaging which although environmentally friendly isnt bad at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars For the money - excellent!, 18 Jun 2013
I cannot fault these battery's at all. Perfect for all the electrical equipment like remote controls. The kids go through them like water out of the tap. For the money - perfect!

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and cheerful, 26 May 2011
pacem et amorem (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
AmazonBasics have been in my experience a good value and good quality alternative to other brands on offer. The name AmazonBasics implies poor quality but I found these batteries have performed well and of course it's never a bad idea to have some spares around. The only gripe I have with AmazonBasics is that they use a lot of packaging in a range that prides itself on making packaging less obtrusive and easier to manage. This 20-pack of AAAs arrived in a cardboard box around the size of a small hardback book.
Overall, however, these are a good little buy.

UPDATE: Upon further use these batteries seem to have quite a short lifespan so I have reduced my rating to 2 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars A pack o' batteries, 21 July 2011
Max (Scotland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Simple, pack of good quality batteries at a reasonable price. I found these batteries to be excellent in terms of life. I used them in my digital camera and I am still using the same batteries weeks later after daily usage.

One could argue that you can of course buy batteries much cheaper from auction sites or from bulk dealers, however I have a good deal of experience with cheaper batteries and the old saying is true here: you get what you pay for. Cheap bulk batteries simply don't last. If you want something that will last either go for rechargables, or if you prefer the quick turnaround of ordinary batteries then AmazonBasics are very much recommended.

My only gripe with the batteries is the packaging. The shrink wrap plastic is annoying and means you have to find somewhere to store the batteries after you rip into it. A simple card box would have been a lot better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 20 July 2011
Mr. Dk Hamm "hornet123" (Derbyshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I tried these batteries in my camera as I have a fair idea of how long Alkaline batteries usually last in there. I was delighted to find that they lasted easily as long as I would have expected. Don't let the "basics" brand put you off. I have had a few Amazon Basics products and, by and large, they have been good value and of a good quality

I think that they represent good value for money when compared to equivalent batteries bought in a shop.

I have to agree that the packaging was over the top and this area could and should be addressed.

So, if you are worried that a "basics" branding might mean inferior quality, don't be. These batteries are definitely a good buy.

AmazonBasics AA Alkaline Batteries Pack of 20