5.0 out of 5 stars no fuss bateries
Easy to purchase, good value when compared against the major brands in price, capacity, and power, what is more in basic packaging that comes easily through your letterbox.
Published on 20 Sep 2012 by Mr. B. W. Haynes

3.0 out of 5 stars Typically 60% longevity when compared to Duracell Plus
I've been using these for some time now in various low drain devices and I kept a record of how long they lasted in comparison to the Duracell Plus batteries I was previously using. In every case this has been between 58% and 64%. Prices vary, but they seem relatively poor value when compared to Duracell.

I know that there are significant variations in the...
Published 22 months ago by Darrin Stevens

3.0 out of 5 stars Typically 60% longevity when compared to Duracell Plus, 3 Jan 2013
This review is from: AmazonBasics AA Alkaline Batteries Pack of 20 (Personal Care)

I know that there are significant variations in the performance of different batches of batteries but this seems fairly conclusive.

5.0 out of 5 stars no fuss bateries, 20 Sep 2012
Mr. B. W. Haynes "b & e haynes" (North Wales) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
When first delivered the batteries gave a voltage of 1.62V and this was maintained over a fairly long period of storage and has only decreased slightly over a period of intermittent use. If subjected to a short period of high drain they recovered well, though this ability understandably deteriorates with continued high drain usage. I replaced batteries in three handsets, and a couple of clocks over 12 months ago, and so far none have required changing.
Indicated shelf life of my last purchase was in excess of four years.

1.0 out of 5 stars Low quality batteries with low lifetime, 8 April 2013
Low quality batteries with low lifetime. I would step up for the slightly more expensive ones as they will last longer.

3.0 out of 5 stars One of the batteries failed completely and the warranty is an issue if you are bulk buying, 29 Sep 2014
I've have a couple of packs of these since some Duracell leaked on me, the most recent I bough in May 2013. Near the end of this pack I put four in a digital camera and it worked fine. A few weeks later I picked the camera up again and it was dead. I assumed the camera had drained the Amazon batteries so I replaced them with rechargeables and the camera was fine. I was about to throw the Amazon batteries in my recycling when I though I'd use a battery tester to see if they were totally flat. It turns out three of them are fine, nearly as much charge as when new. One however is totally gone, as they were fitted in pairs and the other is fine rather than drained I can only conclude this particular cell has failed rather than discharged.

Given they have the 'use by date' of Dec 2016 printed on them I thought I'd check the situation with Amazon only to get the message 'This item is no longer eligible for warranty repair. The warranty window closed on 17 May 2014.' I'd therefore recommend you don't bulk buy these ahead of needing to use them, because if you get a duff batch the Amazon warranty won't cover you!

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, 15 July 2014
Cheap batteries are often as good as more expensive branded ones, unfortunately this is not the case here. Five batteries in the pack were dud and three had voltages significantly lower than 1.5v. None lasted very long. Will stick to procell batteries in future (which are only slightly more expensive!!).

4.0 out of 5 stars Loved these batteries, 12 July 2013
Great batteries work just as well as the major brands and Amazon have done a great job with the packaging which although environmentally friendly isnt bad at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars For the money - excellent!, 18 Jun 2013
I cannot fault these battery's at all. Perfect for all the electrical equipment like remote controls. The kids go through them like water out of the tap. For the money - perfect!

5.0 out of 5 stars A pack o' batteries, 21 July 2011
M.M - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Simple, pack of good quality batteries at a reasonable price. I found these batteries to be excellent in terms of life. I used them in my digital camera and I am still using the same batteries weeks later after daily usage.

One could argue that you can of course buy batteries much cheaper from auction sites or from bulk dealers, however I have a good deal of experience with cheaper batteries and the old saying is true here: you get what you pay for. Cheap bulk batteries simply don't last. If you want something that will last either go for rechargables, or if you prefer the quick turnaround of ordinary batteries then AmazonBasics are very much recommended.

My only gripe with the batteries is the packaging. The shrink wrap plastic is annoying and means you have to find somewhere to store the batteries after you rip into it. A simple card box would have been a lot better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 20 July 2011
Mr. Dk Hamm "hornet123" (Derbyshire, UK) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I tried these batteries in my camera as I have a fair idea of how long Alkaline batteries usually last in there. I was delighted to find that they lasted easily as long as I would have expected. Don't let the "basics" brand put you off. I have had a few Amazon Basics products and, by and large, they have been good value and of a good quality

I think that they represent good value for money when compared to equivalent batteries bought in a shop.

I have to agree that the packaging was over the top and this area could and should be addressed.

So, if you are worried that a "basics" branding might mean inferior quality, don't be. These batteries are definitely a good buy.

3.0 out of 5 stars Long lasting budget batteries - but at a price?, 29 Jun 2011
R. Wallace "DrK" (London) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
With a plethora of budget brands out there offering alternatives to the more expensive leaders in the battery market (i.e. the ones where all the mark up goes in advertising), Amazon's little power houses face pretty stiff competition. So how do they fare? Well, for batteries I look for three things (I know it's sad).....

1. Longivity
2. Ease of opening/stroage (I'm serious - try opening some re-enforced plastic battery cases without gracing the floor with the entire contents or cutting off your index finger)
3. Price.

Amazon scores highly on the first two, not so well on the third, price. Yes, they do last at least as long as most(and compared to some I've tried, a lot longer)and yes, the packaging is spot on (from their prison to my mouse in under 20 seconds, enough time not to lose the all important wireless link!), but for the price? Well, suffice to say that a few percent less than current and they should fly out of dispatch, but it has to be said there are cheaper alternatives out there that deliver more or less the same performance for less outlay. Summary, good all rounders for non demanding appications (mouse, remotes etc) but only average value.... (well at least they leave you with all your fingers intact)!

AmazonBasics AA Alkaline Batteries Pack of 20