5.0 out of 5 stars no fuss bateries
Easy to purchase, good value when compared against the major brands in price, capacity, and power, what is more in basic packaging that comes easily through your letterbox.
Published on 20 Sept. 2012 by Mr. B. W. Haynes

1.0 out of 5 stars Low quality batteries with low lifetime
Low quality batteries with low lifetime. I would step up for the slightly more expensive ones as they will last longer.
Published on 8 April 2013 by shelly

5.0 out of 5 stars no fuss bateries, 20 Sept. 2012
Mr. B. W. Haynes "b & e haynes" (North Wales) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
When first delivered the batteries gave a voltage of 1.62V and this was maintained over a fairly long period of storage and has only decreased slightly over a period of intermittent use. If subjected to a short period of high drain they recovered well, though this ability understandably deteriorates with continued high drain usage. I replaced batteries in three handsets, and a couple of clocks over 12 months ago, and so far none have required changing.
Indicated shelf life of my last purchase was in excess of four years.

1.0 out of 5 stars Low quality batteries with low lifetime, 8 April 2013
This review is from: AmazonBasics AA Everyday Alkaline Batteries [Pack of 20] (Personal Care)

3.0 out of 5 stars Typically 60% longevity when compared to Duracell Plus, 3 Jan. 2013
I've been using these for some time now in various low drain devices and I kept a record of how long they lasted in comparison to the Duracell Plus batteries I was previously using. In every case this has been between 58% and 64%. Prices vary, but they seem relatively poor value when compared to Duracell.

I know that there are significant variations in the performance of different batches of batteries but this seems fairly conclusive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Basics but a Good Amazon Battery, 17 Oct. 2011
Alessi Lover "C.A.D." (Knightley UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Super batteries, good value for money for the amount you get in a box.

20 in total and so useful for those things needing AAA size batteries.

Compared to the cheaper ones you can buy in some discounted shops these really do last longer, so they do work out cheaper in the long run. Best thing to do is wait until they are on offer and then order to make an even better saving.

They may be called 'Basic' but they do a good job.

Have tried the AA ones in the same range in the past and was pleased with the results those gave.

These are the best for those little battery run lights for mini Christmas trees and such like when you haven't got or want to use an electric set of lights.

Used mine now for the last year and when running low on them have rebought the same make as I was impressed with them. Therefore if happy for something to review then go out and buy it when they run out of power , then they must be good and also well priced.

4.0 out of 5 stars Loved these batteries, 12 July 2013
Great batteries work just as well as the major brands and Amazon have done a great job with the packaging which although environmentally friendly isnt bad at all.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad at all, 8 Jan. 2015
For AA/AAA batteries I usually buy the bulk packs from Toys'R'Us and generally for toys/torches etc. but thought I'd give these a try as they're around the same price/battery. Since Xmas I've used these in 2 radio controlled car transmitters and a digital camera, all with moderate use, and they're still running. They came packaged in a tight box which conveniently fittted through the letter box. Would buy again based on my experience so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 20 July 2011
Junior Hornet "hornet123" (Derbyshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I tried these batteries in my camera as I have a fair idea of how long Alkaline batteries usually last in there. I was delighted to find that they lasted easily as long as I would have expected. Don't let the "basics" brand put you off. I have had a few Amazon Basics products and, by and large, they have been good value and of a good quality

I think that they represent good value for money when compared to equivalent batteries bought in a shop.

I have to agree that the packaging was over the top and this area could and should be addressed.

So, if you are worried that a "basics" branding might mean inferior quality, don't be. These batteries are definitely a good buy.

2.0 out of 5 stars Dead on Arrival!, 4 Feb. 2015
James B. Spink "Jim" (Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
I have used AmazonBasics batteries for a couple of years or more and usually pick some up when they are offered as Lightning Deals – makes them pretty good value for money. I had previously used Maplin's own brand for many years but found they were becoming very prone to leaking so I stopped using them. Although I have never had leakage problems with AmazonBasics batteries I have found recent purchases have had a number of batteries “dead on arrival” and many others with a very short service life. Whether this was just a faulty batch – all had a use by date in 2017 – or a sign of bad quality control I don't know. I now pay a bit more for the more reliable Energizer brand!

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent batteries, excellent price, 14 Feb. 2015
These are decent AAA batteries and they work fine in my Bose QC25 headphones, which I use them in. All of the ones I have used so far work fine. They are just a pack of batteries so there isn't a lot to say about them, but personally I think that the packaging is silly, with shrink wrap over all of the batteries. Amazon prides itself on the environmentally friendly 'Frustration Free' packaging, but this was an unnecessary waste, which also makes them quite hard to open. Other than that, these are great batteries and come in much cheaper than packs of 4 for similar prices that you see in shops. From what I've seen, the price is only going down.

5.0 out of 5 stars For the money - excellent!, 18 Jun. 2013
I cannot fault these battery's at all. Perfect for all the electrical equipment like remote controls. The kids go through them like water out of the tap. For the money - perfect!