5.0 out of 5 stars no fuss bateries
Easy to purchase, good value when compared against the major brands in price, capacity, and power, what is more in basic packaging that comes easily through your letterbox.
Published 19 months ago by Mr. B. W. Haynes

3.0 out of 5 stars Typically 60% longevity when compared to Duracell Plus
I've been using these for some time now in various low drain devices and I kept a record of how long they lasted in comparison to the Duracell Plus batteries I was previously using. In every case this has been between 58% and 64%. Prices vary, but they seem relatively poor value when compared to Duracell.

I know that there are significant variations in the...
Published 15 months ago by Darrin Stevens

3.0 out of 5 stars Typically 60% longevity when compared to Duracell Plus, 3 Jan 2013
This review is from: AmazonBasics AA Alkaline Batteries Pack of 20 (Personal Care)

I know that there are significant variations in the performance of different batches of batteries but this seems fairly conclusive.

1.0 out of 5 stars Low quality batteries with low lifetime, 8 April 2013
Low quality batteries with low lifetime. I would step up for the slightly more expensive ones as they will last longer.

5.0 out of 5 stars no fuss bateries, 20 Sep 2012
Mr. B. W. Haynes "b & e haynes" (North Wales) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
When first delivered the batteries gave a voltage of 1.62V and this was maintained over a fairly long period of storage and has only decreased slightly over a period of intermittent use. If subjected to a short period of high drain they recovered well, though this ability understandably deteriorates with continued high drain usage. I replaced batteries in three handsets, and a couple of clocks over 12 months ago, and so far none have required changing.
Indicated shelf life of my last purchase was in excess of four years.

2.0 out of 5 stars BE CAREFUL OUT THERE..., 8 Aug 2013
Empty Seas (Rugeley, Staffordshire) - See all my reviews
These batteries seem to be OK in use where only one or two are required by the product, but using six together in a Lava DAB clock radio horrified me: 48 hours after installation (radio only switched on 20 minutes in that time), the Lava indicated that the batteries required replacing. Net result? I have dug out the mains adaptor and it will remain as a permanent rather than portable installation.

I may yet speak to Amazon about the performance...

4.0 out of 5 stars Loved these batteries, 12 July 2013
Great batteries work just as well as the major brands and Amazon have done a great job with the packaging which although environmentally friendly isnt bad at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars For the money - excellent!, 18 Jun 2013
I cannot fault these battery's at all. Perfect for all the electrical equipment like remote controls. The kids go through them like water out of the tap. For the money - perfect!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really exciting..., 9 Jun 2013
I found these really exciting and I just can't stop talking about them! But seriously, they are good and do what they should. I won't hesitate to buy again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't be fooled - these are good quality, 12 July 2011
A. I. McCulloch (Co Durham) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
With these batteries having a 'no-frills' appearance I'd assumed they were perhaps just one step up from the poundshop. I was wrong. These are excellent quality long-life batteries that have lasted well. I found I was replacing cheap batteries in my cordless mouse almost weekly - one set of these has lasted four weeks so far.

Regarding the one extremely negative review these have received, the reviewer perhaps had a faulty batch as they have proved to be fine. They compare very well with the market leaders in my opinion.

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and cheerful, 26 May 2011
pacem et amorem (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
AmazonBasics have been in my experience a good value and good quality alternative to other brands on offer. The name AmazonBasics implies poor quality but I found these batteries have performed well and of course it's never a bad idea to have some spares around. The only gripe I have with AmazonBasics is that they use a lot of packaging in a range that prides itself on making packaging less obtrusive and easier to manage. This 20-pack of AAAs arrived in a cardboard box around the size of a small hardback book.
Overall, however, these are a good little buy.

UPDATE: Upon further use these batteries seem to have quite a short lifespan so I have reduced my rating to 2 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars A pack o' batteries, 21 July 2011
Max (Scotland) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Simple, pack of good quality batteries at a reasonable price. I found these batteries to be excellent in terms of life. I used them in my digital camera and I am still using the same batteries weeks later after daily usage.

One could argue that you can of course buy batteries much cheaper from auction sites or from bulk dealers, however I have a good deal of experience with cheaper batteries and the old saying is true here: you get what you pay for. Cheap bulk batteries simply don't last. If you want something that will last either go for rechargables, or if you prefer the quick turnaround of ordinary batteries then AmazonBasics are very much recommended.

My only gripe with the batteries is the packaging. The shrink wrap plastic is annoying and means you have to find somewhere to store the batteries after you rip into it. A simple card box would have been a lot better.

ARRAY(0x9ea39588)