5.0 out of 5 stars SanDisk 8GB 30MB/s Extreme HD Video SDHC Card

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
Published on 3 Sep 2011 by Stoffel

5.0 out of 5 stars SanDisk 8GB 30MB/s Extreme HD Video SDHC Card, 14 Aug 2011
S. Wilson (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SanDisk 8GB 45MB/s Extreme HD Video SDHC Card (Packaging Varies) (Accessory)
I picked this SDHC card to go with my Panasonic Lumix FZ45. I wanted a card that could be written to quickly so that I could keep taking pictures without having to wait for the write process to finish (The FZ45 has a reasonably large internal memory anyway, which helps with the write-process). This card has allowed me to do that. I use a slower Sandisk card in my Fujifilm F60 and the write delay is noticeable. I don't use the video capability on the FZ45, but a speedy read/write rate can't hurt.SanDisk Extreme 30MB/sec Secure Digital Card (SDHC) CLASS 10 - 8GB

5.0 out of 5 stars Top card, 14 Jan 2012
Clive - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This is hands down my preferred brand and choice of card for my high end compact.

As previous reviewers have mentioned not all class 10 cards are equal and this one absolutely flies along. No lag between shots or during HD video.

Though luckily I have not had cause to test it, Sandisk's extreme rangfe are more rugged and designed to be water/shock/dust proof. Hopefully will never need this but glad it is there. Card came with a voucher to download rescuepro software which was a nice bonus.

Overall this is a fantastic card with a price which just goes to show what a rip off the high street is. Anyone who's serious about photo's or has half decent kit should be looking at this range to get the best out of their camera/camcorder.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great card, 4 July 2011
This is my 2nd sandisk extreme card, my first was a 16gb one. They Are just very good what else can i say? I use them for my Canon EOS 600D DSLR and i use it as much for video as photos and it works flawlessly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Product, 11 Jan 2012
I purchased the SanDisk 8GB Extreme SDHC Class 10 High Performance Memory Card for use in my Kodak Z1012 IS Digital Camera, which has had a history of slow image and video processing with other SD cards. Here are my observations.

Pros:
* Extremely fast processing of both still and video images.
* Solid construction.
* Very reliable performance.
* Very reasonable price.

Cons:
* None so far.

Comments: This card is lightning fast. I should have bought it a long time ago. I highly recommend it for anyone who takes digital images or video where processing speed is an issue.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Value for Money, 29 Oct 2011
We bought this Extreme Memory card with the reduced packaging option. It is as described and was cheaper than the equivalent product elsewhere. We have been using the card for a couple of months now in our family camera and so far happy with its performance.

It also came with free recovery software (for a 12 month trial period). Which was handy as one of our previous SD Cards became corrupted and unusable. We were able to recover about 95% of the pictures.

5.0 out of 5 stars SanDisk 8GB 30MB/s Extreme HD Video SDHC Card, 5 July 2011
Ok, I am going to keep this as simple as possible so you read it. Skip to the bits in UPPERCASE if you are in a rush.

The product is what it is (more on that in a moment) and Sandisk are an established, reputable brand. All seems to work great, and fast. Can't comment on reliability obviously as I have only just bought it.

Anyway MY MAIN POINT is to ignore a lot of the older reviews under this listing and concentrate on the newer ones which hold the key information (117 total at last count, so stick to ones from the recent weeks). This is for the simple reason that over the past three or so years of reviews, the product has changed and number of times and they are not relevant. The review that was listed as MOST HELPFUL was from 2009 so, whilst beautifully written and informative at the time, it is disctincly NOT HELPFUL.

In fact when I ordered yesterday, the description of the product listing after a search was a photo of what I received (class 10 Sandisk Extreme HD Video 8GB card 30 MB/s) but a description of an older Class 6 card (one probably discontinued by Sandisk). I took a leap of faith on the latest reviews that I would get the Class 10 card and was not disappointed. I note that the headline description has today been updated but the expanded technical details still refer to Class 6 and Class 10 performance so need a tweak.

WHAT I RECEIVED - a small cardboard envelope (approx 6" x 4" size) with the memory card loose in this (in the usually little clear plastic holder that they always come with) and very small piece of paper from SanDisk with spec and warrantee info and other legal nonsense. There was also an offer for free download of some recovery software called Extreme Pro (one-year subscription) - that might not be in later packs.

N.B. I used the Amazon "Frustration Free" option. The traditional packaging may contain different things, perhaps even old Class 6 stock - who knows!!?? May be this is the source of confusion? Be assured though that the "Frustration Free" was indeed frustration free and no less of a new product just because it did not have a load of plastic packaging surrounding it.

Good price so I recommend you buy it. Other makes are less expensive, like for like, but I have always used Sandisk so stuck with what I know.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 3 Sep 2011
I bought this card to increase the number of pictures I could take during a life time holiday to South Asia after previous very good experience with an 4 GB Extreme card. Having enjoyed the quick writing speed of the previous card, I was disappointed with the speed of my new purchase especially loosing out on a few good shots because the last image took so long to complete the previous photo.
There are confusing things going on with the advertisement in terms of writing speed. When I bought the card it was advertised as a 30 mb/s card and that's what it supposedly came as (but clearly wasn't), but now the advertisement changed to a 20 mb/s card which is more like it. Even the link asking for reviewing the card also gets you to a 20 mb/s card! I feel a little cheated and I agree with previous reviewers, how can a 30mb/s card be advertised if they cannot guarantee that this is what you get?

1.0 out of 5 stars Older card?, 1 Sep 2013
After having these for a week I realised Amazon sell two types of SanDisk Extreme SD Cards. These rated at 30MB/s (which is what I received) and another card rated at 45MB/s.

As far as I can tell Amazon sell the 30MB/s and 45MB/s Extreme cards for the same price. So avoid these and purchase the 45MB/s cards instead.

Apart from that they seem up to the job in my compact camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works fine for what i want it for, 27 April 2012
Probably gonna pick up some flak but I bought this to use as part of the 'readyboost' function on my laptop. not the best use for it I know, and i would have put it in my camera, but I could always buy another if i need to.

Ive not had any issues with it yet and it made the laptop a lil more reponsive when i got more stuff running, so it gets 5 stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars Recommendation for future buyers, 1 Nov 2011
I bought this card wih my NIKON D90 camera and it does the job perfectly. If you need this card for normal use then go for 8gb otherwise try to put some more money and buy 16gb one. This is good product to buy.