4.6 out of 5 stars5,930
Size: 16 GB|Package Type: Frustration-Free Packaging|Change
Price:£4.95+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on 1 October 2010
Got this SD card to use in a new HD camcorder which I also got from amazon, as I was told I would need the space to record in HD. Yes they were right I did need the space, and it is well worth spending a little more if you want the comfort of not having to worry about running out of space. To give you some kind of idea of timings, when recording in full HD it gives me about 4.5hrs. I have put both video and pictures from the card onto my computer and qulity is grrrreat.
0Comment|157 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 November 2009
I recently purchased a high definition video camera that records on memory card only, which is what I prefer. I wanted the biggest card so I went for this one and it works perfectly. This card gets me a little over 4 hours of recording time on the highest quality setting on my camera.
11 comment|116 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 January 2013
I bought this for my Canon 600D DSLR camera. When it was put in the camera, I was surprised by how many photos can be taken on it! However, with some HD cameras, as I discovered, you need to buy a 10 speed SD card to take HD videos. This is displayed on the SD card as a number in a circle, like this SD card has 4x speed. I have used this in other cameras and it has worked perfectly with no fault, so if you have a basic camera or one that accepts 4x speed, it is a great price and a great buy.
11 comment|54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 October 2010
Given that this is the 457th review of this product I will keep it short. Yes this works fine in myPanasonic DMC-TZ10 camera. It is a type 2 SDHC card. This is the slowest variety, apparantly. I checked, and the number after TYPE refers to speed. There is a type 2, 4, 6 and 10 available, 2 being the slowest. I've made video using my camera though, and I haven't noticed any lag. So I wouldn't worry about it unless your device actually specifies that you need type 6, for instance.
11 comment|104 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 October 2010
I got the delivery on time as mentioned and its was in good packaging, so far no problems i used it to record from my pocket cam and i have been recording bits and bobs here and there and it still hasnt said memory full i think it gives 4-5 hours of hd recording. then i transfered from cam to pc and it gave no problems. does what it says and so far is reliable.
I purchased this to go with my Cannon Powershot compact camera.

The card arrived in a tiny cardboard envelope with no instructions. However, as I have used digital cards before that wasn't a problem as I knew how to load it into the camera and how to retrieve photos from it. This might pose more of a problem for someone purchasing their first digital camera and card.

I haven't ever filled it to capacity as I tend to download photos as I take them and then remove them from the card but whilst on holiday recently I took well over 1,000 shots and some short HD video clips and it stored all of those without a problem. I did read on another review that someone had managed to store around 3,000 photos but I haven't as yet confirmed that for myself.

I have noticed that as the card becomes increasingly full it does get slower at retrieving photos to display back on the camera view screen.

For general everyday use this is a good value card that will do a perfectly adequate job.
on 8 April 2010
I have this card and find it excellent for still photos and for HD video (even though the camera is supposed to have a class 6 card for video). However, it is clear from some of the unhappy customers that camera and other equipment manufacturers should make it clearer whether the product takes SDHC or only the older SD. In the manual for my wife's camera this is stated but is not prominent.

To my main point; whatever type of card their camera takes, do users realise that they should format the card in-camera? This ensures best performance and a lesser likelihood of problems with any make of card. Formatting in this way can be used to empty the card after all files/pictures have been downloaded to a computer. NB remember that files cannot be retrieved after formatting.

Even if you delete your files/pictures using the camera it is as well to re-format the card in-camera periodically as well as before using it for the first time.
on 14 February 2011
Very good card for its purpose. However If you're planning to use this card for any sort of video recording purpose, I would insist that you get a higher class card ie class 8 or higher because class actually means the speed at which the card can record files onto it.

ex. class 4 card = slow

class 10 card = fast, capable of high definition video recording.

But on the whole very good card. Very good value.

Hope this review helps, Ashley Lyne
on 2 September 2011
I bought this to go with my new Canon 550D. It's absolutely fantastic for taking single photos but it's not able to keep up HD video.

I thought it was my camera to start with as it would only capture 10seconds of video before stopping. A quick google revealed it was the memory. Have bought 32gb 10mb/s card and the camera now works as designed. Recycled the card in a lower spec camera so nothing lost.
33 comments|55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 June 2011
Bought for use in video camera. Once formatted (done by video camera), it has space for about five and a half hours of 1080 video. I'm no electronics expert, so I just bought this on recommendation, and I have not found any problems with it at all. It does exactly what it's supposed to. And that's good enough for me.