5.0 out of 5 stars Brother DCP- 515 Wireless Printer, 6 April 2011
This review is from: Brother DCP-J515W Wireless Colour Inkjet Multifunction Printer with 8.2cm Colour LCD (discontinued by manufacturer) (Accessory)
Initially I was going to buy the DCP J315 but none of the sellers on Amazon would despatch to Spain so I chose the 515 because good old Amazon would send to Spain free post and packing. It was dispatched on a Monday and I received it on Friday morning,5 days to Spain. Nice looking machine,all the controls easy to access with good LCD screen.My previous printers had rear paper feed which meant paper would get caught up in cables at the back of my computer storage cupboard The front loading tray on the Brother makes life so easy and I like the built in tray for 6x4 photo paper.The wireless was a doddle to set up.The machine is reasonably quiet and fast.I reserve judgement on photo printing ,colours not brilliant on the few photos I have printed, hopefully will improve with use. At last a manufacturer
has produced a printer with inks that do not cost half the cost of a machine.I am more than happy with my purchase and would recommend to buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great printer, 14 May 2011
S. TAYLOR (Lancs, Eng) - See all my reviews
Great printer for the money, very easy to set up, wireless on three laptops. Probably the best printer I've had out of Cannon, Epsom and Lexmark. Still using the cartridges which came with the printer, I know that by comparison that I would have had to replace the cartridges on the Lexmark with the amount of printing I have done. I'd recommend this printer for the home or small home office.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brither DCP-J515W printer, 11 May 2011
Excellent machine. In particular, I was able to set up the wireless link in a very short time, and the machine did most of the setting up for on network all by itself. Power consumption when "asleep" is so tiny, it's easier to leave it switched on, so it's available for either computer any time- extreemly convenient. Ink looks cheap, too.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect, 12 Jun 2011
A. Gee (norfolk uk.) - See all my reviews
This is a brilliant home printer. Easy set up and does all you need so simply. The Wi-fi is excellent. I've always stuck to Epson, this knocks spots of them. The paper is hid in a drawer so needs very little space. Price was really good to and delivered in 3 days.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brother DCP - J515W Wireless printer, 13 Jun 2011
I was influenced by the reviews given on this printer and bought the Brother DCP-J515W on the strength of them. In the main the reviews were sensible and fair. There is of course the odd review that makes you wonder if the person is talking about the same product. I am very pleased with the brother and found the wireless set up so easy compared with other printers that I have had.
Rod.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality printer., 10 July 2011
A very good quality printer and photo prints very good.Ordered Wednesday afternoon and delivered Thursday afternoon.A very responsive printer,you don't have to wait ten minutes for it to do anything.The supplied inks are lasting a long time,have printed about 100 documents and 20 photos and there seems to be plenty of ink left.Setting up the wireless element of the printer was easy once you realised what it was asking you to do,could have been written in a better way.Once set up it was very simple to install on further computers.Scanning documents and photos to my computer prooved to be very simple and easy to do.Overall I am very pleased with my self for choosing this particular model

4.0 out of 5 stars Such a wait, 23 Aug 2014
I have been using this printer for over 3 years now. I didn't write a review before as I wanted to see how it functions.
Well, what can I say. It's still doing its job - print - copy - scan.
Seem to get lots of prints out of it, although it is slow when using a multitude of different colours.
Can also be noisy.
Have set it up wirelessly and can connect everywhere in the house.
I have the firmware installed on a laptop and this gives you the Brother Creative Centre. This takes you to an online site where you have two options the Business Centre or the Family Centre.

Business Centre
Gives you lots of free templates that you can use for your business needs. You don't need to be a business to use these. The templates included are - Calendars - Brochures - Business Cards - Invoices - Letterheads - Mailers - Newsletters - Posters. You can also choose templates aimed at your business.

Family Centre -
Again lots of free templates - Cards -Paper craft - education - games - party packs - images and photography - colouring in -calendars and scrapbooks.

The Firmware also comes with a Control Centre. This allows you to makes tweaks before you print, including scanned images.

On the printer itself you can also print direct from a memory stick, and the images are show on the screen.

Overall my family and I are pleased with this purchase. Only had one issue which was an error code E3. After reading the manual and lots of googling it was suggested I replace the PCB. Turned off the machine at the mains. Waited a few minutes. Plugged back in, and the machine works again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic printer, 20 Jun 2011
Mr. Pj Radcliffe "PJ" (Fareham, Blighty) - See all my reviews
Really love the quality of the photo printing, quick and great quality. Think it is excellent price too. One note of caution, I tried to set up the printer wirelessly but it wouldn't find it on the PC, but once I connected it by USB, set up, I could unplug it and print wirelessly, after that when I set up the other PC I was able to find it wirelessly without USB connection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Small but perfectly formed, 6 Aug 2011
A major consideration when I decided to replace my ageing Epsom was size. I am disabled and wanted a compact multifunction printer that could sit on my desk next to my laptop. An exhaustive search through Amazon's catalogue led me to this little beauty. Luckily at time of order it was on special offer at £95. Even at full price I would consider it good value.
I would add my voice to the other reviewers who awarded five stars. WI-FI was easy to set up and it goes about its business without any fuss and with little noise. A great piece of kit. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent first impressions, 24 July 2011
Very happy with this so far, though I've not given it much use. Only problem was working out which of the plethora of leaflets etc. enclosed with it were actually needed.