Format: Blu-ray|Change

on 1 June 2014
This is the perfect treat for cinema lovers: this fantastic movie which was well ahead its time in a never-before-seen version with 25 minutes of extra footage and a great documentary which tells its story.
on 14 May 2013
I needed this film for my OU module, and this is the most complete version of 'Metropolis' available. It was just what I needed for my studies, especially as I had to write an assignment which included details of the content of 'Metropolis'. I would recommend this version of 'Metropolis' to anyone else who needs it, or if you just want to watch this classic of the silent film era, as the definitive version which includes all material still available. Other versions of 'Metropolis' are incomplete.
on 28 December 2015
All super
on 15 December 2015
For a film that did not have sound,add some thoughtful soundscapes and songs.This is the version i can really enjoy.Perhaps my brow is not high enough for silent version.Its got a warm ,well meant feeling sprinkled all over this.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 June 2014
this is really brilliant this is a piece of history restored some of it thought lost.it really goes to show what a genius Fritz Lang was in hes direction.
on 7 December 2013
If you haven`t seen this masterpiece, you should be ashamed of yourself! Every Director whose work you have seen has watched it, and been influenced by it
on 7 January 2011
BOTH OF THE TWO VERSIONS SHOULD BE CHERISHED AND COLLECTED, I GUESS. BECAUSE THE RECONSTRUCTED IS SUPERB IN CONTENT, BUT THE FIRSTLY RESTORED IS CLEARER ANYWAY AND EASIER TO GET ALONG WITH, WHICH HAD ALREADY SHOWN THE GENIUS OF LANG. I'VE COLLECTED BOTH THE DVD AND THE BD, AND I DON'T WANNA GIVE UP ANY OF THEM.
on 18 July 2014
I attempted to watch this on Amazon instant video it was dreadful, I have never seen any other versions. Cropping of the image was such that I could not even read caption cards, I fast forwarded hoping to find some viewable sections and mostly found scenes with heads cropped from shot and so on.

Its free on Prime but still. The only other review I saw for the Prime version of this film was all in CAPS and written by someone who was clearly aggravated and I can see why. Really hope the versions on the recent DVD/Blu Ray releases are much much better (if they are not then all the 5 star reviews most be from loons ;-) ) But based on this evidence I would not risk any of my own money to find out.
on 3 May 2013
The only version of this film worth having.... Finally complete after all these years. The extra documentary is fascinating as well
on 25 May 2011
Die ultimative Edition für diesen Klassiker (zumindest nach derzeitigem Standpunkt)!
Großartig restauriert, die ursprüngliche Version wurde (fast) wieder hergestellt, tolles Bonusmaterial, Blue-ray & DVD, und das Ganze in einem edlen Steelbook!
Für Fans dieses Films gibt's hier nur eines: zugreifen!