4.0 out of 5 stars What it says on the tin!
I ordered this for a Pentax Optio that I wanted for some underwater photos in Egypt. The drop over the reef is deep and the camera doesn't float any better than a brick!

Published on 16 Jan. 2013 by Luke Warmwater

2.0 out of 5 stars Waaay too big
This "wrist strap" is huge. I have big hands and even when done up tight this strap easily slips off my wrist over my hand. In fact, it fits round my neck when done up at its tightest setting, so I'd guess at it being about 17 inches. I'm going to get her indoors to stitch it up so it's shorter or I wouldn't risk my camera on it.
Published 6 months ago by LondonGuy

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Waaay too big, 3 Oct. 2014
This review is from: JJC ST-6Y Floating Foam Strap for Camera - Yellow (Accessory)

2.0 out of 5 stars Works as described - Questionable robustness, 4 May 2014
David Wilson (South Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
Bought for a 3-week beach holiday.
Worked as described and for purpose during this time. Is buoyant enough to stop camera sinking.
The plastic clip for camera attachment has already broken - not through careless use - So unfortunately can no longer attach to camera and will not be able to use my purchase again.

4.0 out of 5 stars What it says on the tin!, 16 Jan. 2013

The strap easily holds the weight of the camera at the surface. It isn't a small wrist strap and you wouldn't really want to leave it on the camera permanently, but for a snorkelling or even a diving session, adding the strap to the camera before you go in the water is no hardship I guess. 4 stars, as I'm keeping the 5th for when they come up with something smaller that is still boyant (sp?) buoyant (?)....floaty enough to hold the weight of the camera so you can also use it as a permanent strap.

5.0 out of 5 stars floating camera strap, 3 Sept. 2011
Moggy "moggy64" (Southampton, England.) - See all my reviews
Recently bought a waterproof Sany Xacti CA100 and used this strap instead of the one in the box. Works great!! I let the camera drop into the water and it immediately rose to the top attached to the new strap. It's a bit cumbersome when compared to the normal thin strap that comes with your camera, but it soon becomes part and parcel of the experience. The camera would have sunk without a trace without this little strap, so worth a couple of quid just for safety's sake!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Does whats is supposed to !, 28 Nov. 2011
Mr. Tony M. Brown (England) - See all my reviews
I have only used this twice but it does work. My camera is a Panassonic FT3 and having the floating strap gives you some confidence that you wont loose your camera. It could float higher in the water but in calm clear waters it is fine. I would not want to have a much heavier camera though. Overall a good product with a stong enough strap.

5.0 out of 5 stars Effective Floating Strap, 23 May 2014
This did the job when snorkelling in the Maldives and gave me more peace of mind when using my small waterproof camera, a Panasonic FT25. I went for yellow for the high visibility.

I tested it in the sink at home before taking it with me to check that it would support the camera.

No problems with this item.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's OK, does what I expect, 1 Nov. 2013
It's OK, does what I expect, but not a wow product. The materials and quality are average, it's certainly bright and visible. Have used it but didn't actually have to rely on it keeping my camera afloat as I kept the neck strap attached too for convenience whilst playing in the sea on body boards.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 4 April 2014
Used the strap for the first time on my holiday in March 2014. Its comfortable & easy to use. Would recommend it for any camera to be used in water sports etc....

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good., 7 Jun. 2014
I was worried about the comments on the clip, so might have changed from the earlier ones mine is fine and strong, keeps my Pentax WG3 afloat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 5 April 2014
Does what it says it will, purchased this as part of a deal with the camera and case, it works well and you certainly can't miss it in the sea.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›