5.0 out of 5 stars Utter brilliance as usual....
I have to make a declaration here... I am a complete AB fan. **the** best band I have ever heard/seen.

When I saw AB3.5 was being released, there was no question over whether I was going to buy this. Straight onto the pre-order. But there is always that small niggle that wonders whether fans are being ripped off with a re-release of an existing album...
Published on 21 Oct 2011 by Mr. J W

3.0 out of 5 stars same same
A couple of stand out tracks but not as good as the second offering. Not watched dvd yet so cannot comment.
Published 14 months ago by Mr. D. M. Stephenson

‹ Previous | 17 8 9 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars AB-solutely brilliant, 10 Nov 2010
This review is from: Ab III (Audio CD)
If you are an AB fan you will love it. If you are not yet an AB fan....you'll love it! Simples

3.0 out of 5 stars Not overly impressed., 18 Oct 2010
This review is from: Ab III (Audio CD)
When I heard about this album I was giddy, the last two albums are great. I have listened to AB3 many times now yet it still hasn't had an impact on me or my boyfirend. Its not awful, there's just no point to it because it sounds like a softer, more wishywashy collaberation of the last two. I'm sad because I was expecting far more. And on this basis I have just sold the concert tickets which I was so looking forward to. I'm not even happy about leaving bad feedback because I never have, it's only bad according to my expectations but for me that matters and I'm feeling the need to voice it. And I know my review won't put anyone off anyway.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 23 July 2014
good cd

3.0 out of 5 stars Too long man, 12 Sep 2011
This review is from: Ab III (Audio CD)
I was excited as anyone to get the new cd from AB. It starts brilliantly, 'Slip To The Void' can't be beaten. But then, after 4 tracks, it stops being 'new' and starts being the 'same'. This album goes on for EVER, it could have been at least 4 tracks shorter, if not 5. If you are listening to AB for the first time i suggest starting at the beginning with One Day Remains and Blackbird, the latter being the best in my opinion. I will look forward to the forth album but AB III put me off going to see them on tour.

5.0 out of 5 stars Clean out your ears!, 28 Oct 2010
This review is from: Ab III (Audio CD)
Are some of you listening to the same thing as me. This is an amazing album without a doubt!
Anyone who knows anything about music can see that.
Black bird is a masterpiece, an iconic album that will go down in history - this is 14 Tracks of absolute brilliance, from one of the best bands around today!
What value for money - what more can you ask.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Masterpiece, 12 Oct 2010
This review is from: Ab III (Audio CD)
This album was well worth the wait. The songs are melodic, often dark, moody, but they kick you right where it hurts. It opens with Slip To The Void, which is a classic AB song and one of their best ever. The whole album progresses and there's never a dull moment. Fallout, Still Remains, Breathe.......the tracks come thick and fast and don't disappoint. You'll be humming the riffs and melodies along in no time at all.

In a world of bland music, talentless synthetic pap, rap, hip-hop and other predictable junk, Alter Bridge stand out like the biggest beacon. They can all play their instruments, Myles and sing the arse of anyone on the planet, and as proven in Words Darker Than Their Wings, Mark Tremonti has a great little voice of his own which complements Kennedy superbly.

All i can say is thanks, Alter Bridge, for making this music.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!!!!!!, 15 Oct 2010
This review is from: Ab III (Audio CD)
OMG!!!! This album rocks....I only got this yesterday but cannot stop listening to it. this band is wicked have loved them from the very first album. Would recommend this to anyone BUY IT BUY IT....

5.0 out of 5 stars uaaauuuuuu!!!!!!!!, 12 Oct 2010
David Torralba Campos "Maquiaveo" (Barcelona,Spain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ab III (Audio CD)
These guys are amazing. Emphasize not only the work of Tremonti and Kennedy, also the Marshall but especially that of Scott Phillips, giving many nuances to the music of Alter Bridge with his fantastic way to play drums. The album is the perfect continuation and evolution of THE BLACK BIRD album. The songs are darker, as an example SLIP TO THE VOID or SHOW ME A SIGN. the cd also have a beautiful ballad WONDERFUL LIFE with a final part is also an example of the dark of the instrumental compositions. For me the best songs are SLIP TO THE VOID, ALL HOPE IS GONE, I KNOW IT HURTS and FALLOUT but all the songs have a high level. I think it is a heavy album than THE BLACK BIRD. The only "bad" is that I liked more the production of ONE DAY REMAINS than the production of Michael Baskette in the last two albums.Finally say that five-star rating, believe me, is short. I would give ten stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars The way music should be, 12 Oct 2010
This review is from: Ab III (Audio CD)
Superb third album from one of the worlds greatest bands.
A real emotional ride through music and lyrics to rival the very best.

A real shame that Alter Bridge are not more well known as they kick to the floor 99.99% of all UK, and indeed world wide, bands.

Simply superb!

5.0 out of 5 stars Alter Bridge is back!, 11 Oct 2010
This review is from: Ab III (Audio CD)
I was waiting for this album for a long time. After brilliant "Blackbird" and poor (sorry...) Creed's "Full Circle" I wasn't really sure what to expect.

Fortunately Miles and Mark are just too good to s***w things up. The album is great and maybe apart 3 songs (too mainstream, too soft...) I love every note of it.
As a guitarist I love Tremonti's style and will sit with my guitar learning new tracks

Do I really have to convince you to buy it? You probably already are Alter Bridge fans so you know that it is one of the best bands around.

Just buy it :)

‹ Previous | 17 8 9 | Next ›

Ab III
Ab III by Alter Bridge (Audio CD - 2010)