5.0 out of 5 stars The long and the short of it!
Published on 4 Mar 2012 by Paul Madge

2.0 out of 5 stars Far too slow
This trimmer revolves at a very low speed, which means that it catches and pulls hairs. I wouldn't recommend it.
Published 12 months ago by Mr Thoughtful

5.0 out of 5 stars The long and the short of it!, 4 Mar 2012
Paul Madge (Uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Panasonic ER-GN30 Nose & Facial Hair Battery Trimmer (Personal Care)
As I enter middle age I want to protect those around me from exposure to the inevitable growth of unsightly ear and nose hair, therefore, I bought this Panasonic trimmer. I am delighted with the design and quality of this product especially in light of the price. Functionally it is very effective and its' ergonomics make it very easy to use plus it runs for ages off the single AA battery which although, it was supplied, when I received my trimmer, recent comments suggest that is no longer the case. It trims hairs very easily and can be rinsed clean under the tap. It also comes complete with a conical cover for the blade and a small cleaning brush. In summary, well designed, effective and excellent value for money. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best yet!, 18 Sep 2012
J. Woodman (Isle of Man) - See all my reviews
Like other reviewers, I've had many other nose trimmers in the past. They've all been pretty hopeless. This one is much, much better! It arrived this morning, and I'm already considerably more presentable. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good product., 1 Nov 2011
Does its job very well, not had any problems so far and the hair in my ears and nose is removed, carefree and easy, would definitely recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than Expected, 12 Aug 2011
Faraz Ahmed (Exeter, Devon United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I was using Remington trimmer but was not happy at all. This product has exceeds my expectations for the following reasons.
1. Good build quality.
2. Value for money
3. Very effective. The rotation of blade is fast and it is quick in getting the job done.
4. Will strongly recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job!, 4 Mar 2013
I've had a couple of theses but they never seem to last so thought I would spend a little more money so I ordered this one, it came though the post very quickly and was well packaged, it only takes one AA battery, feels good in the hand and cuts close I also like the fact that you can clean it under the tap with soap, a good buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really useful, 5 Jan 2012
Bought it for my husband and he's very pleased with it. It's his first ever nose hair trimmer so can't compare with other brands but this works a treat. Does the job and doesn't pull his hair, comfortable to hold it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Yep, 9 Dec 2013
O. W. Davies "CheeriOws" (Wales, UK.) - See all my reviews
Pretty good. Little maintenance required and keeps me from changing into the middle-aged so fast! Tidy and modern-looking, even if it could be mis-identified as having an altogether different purpose.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nose hair trimmer, 1 Mar 2012
It is a very good trimmer no problem so far as long as you keep cleaning it as says in the user manual

4.0 out of 5 stars Good first trimmer (Ears only), 1 Oct 2011
Rich "Rich007" (UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this for trimming ear hair. I don't need to use it for nose, beard or eyebrow which this device can also be used for, so I can't comment on those uses.

This is my first trimmer and didn't really know what to expect.
Thankfully it's very easy to use in the ear and doesn't require too much brain power, but don't expect the 158 page manual to be any help either. It's not awkward to hold or manoeuvre. There is no hidden technique just get on with it.

Results are good and surprisingly smooth. Better than the trimmer at my local hair dressers, that one always leaves my ears with a prickly feel. I just thought I had very thick ear hair.

Seems easy to clean and you have 3 ways to do it, water wash, jet wash, or simply the cleaning brush.

What's in the box? The trimmer itself with a protective cap, a cleaning brush, a 158 page manual (9 pages in English) coupled with a 76 page guarantee (1 page in English). Those both weigh more than the device itself.

Finally the item description claims this to be a "Wet and Dry" trimmer. Nowhere on the box or in the manual does it mention that this can be used in the shower, with a wet face or with any creams etc... The model I received was ER-GN30-K (don't know where the 503 went). The mention of water is for cleaning. What's more annoying is the UK Panasonic website (at time of writing) has no information about this model. So I wouldn't buy this if you wanted to use it in the shower, I don't need to just for ear hair.

Overall it's easy to use, easy to clean, good results and a very good price.

5.0 out of 5 stars No man's medicine cabinet complete without this..., 2 Aug 2012
Mr. J. H. Wheeler "Easy Street" (Cheshire, England) - See all my reviews
Down with irrelevant hairs poking out in all the wrong places! They'll soon be gone painlessly and remarkably with this great gizmo. Sturdy construction, too. I only bought this because an earlier (and cheaper) one was dropped and became a kit-instantly. Buy this and it'll last and work well, which is all one could want, isn't it? Cleans easily, though doesn't seem to need it all that often, works fairly quietly(that counts when doing ear-beards), and lets you know its working with the clipping noise when it finds some pernicious hair you could live without. Beautiful women keep stopping me on the street to compliment me on my lack of nose and ear hair. I should have bought this earlier....