on 27 July 2013
I love vampire books Bram Stoker etc. and normally read the True Blood series but as that has now come to an end I noticed a recommendation for these books in a review of the last Charlaine Harris book so I took a leap of faith and bought them and now feel a bit silly for wasting my hard earned money.

The story is really quite boring. Sweet innocent beautiful female falls in love with big hunky blind vampire who is very aggressive, has lots of very aggressive vampire friends, and is frankly a bit of an idiot and not likeable. Lots of pale vampire slayers running round training impressionable children and psychos in martial arts and killing people. Duh! Has no one noticed that these guys are mad, parents do tend to notice mad teachers! Lots of sort of sex scenes (has the person who actually wrote these books ever actually had sex?) and very little actual story.

So no, don't waste your money, feel a bit of a twit for wasting mine.