5.0 out of 5 stars For those without a mousemat:
Hello, I am just making this review to tell people who didn't get a mousemat to contact Blizzard.

I didn't get a mouse mat with my collector's edition so I contacted Blizzard. To say sorry, they gave me 30 free days of WoW, a TBC laynard and a Blizzard Authenticator as well as sending out the mouse mat which was missing :)
Published on 12 May 2012 by A. J. Carter

2.0 out of 5 stars The worst of WoW's Expansions
Honestly this game was bad, there is no excuse, this game was AWFUL.

The only redeeming feature is playable Goblins and Worgen, but the lore was terrible, so painfully star wars-esque and completely disregarded the previous storylines, and ignored the consistency of the plot entirely.

The antagonist was a joke, derp a dragon of dumbness wants to...
Published on 7 April 2013 by M.A.Foster

5.0 out of 5 stars For those without a mousemat:, 12 May 2012
A. J. Carter (UK) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm - Collector's Edition (PC/Mac) (DVD-ROM)

5.0 out of 5 stars Collector's edition content, 27 July 2014
I got this collectors edition of Cataclysm for my Birthday yesterday - it was easily one of my favourite presents! I already owned Cataclysm but when I saw the price of this (currently £14.99) I thought it was worth it for the artbook alone!!!

So, the artbook is beautifully presented with a dust sleeve cover. The artwork inside is (of course) stunning and if you've had any other Warcraft art books, it follows in the beautiful presentation you'd expect. Each page is pulled together as a work of art - well worth it if you like that sort of thing! (And I very much do!)

The trading card deck was a nice addition - I must confess I've never played it but it's got me intrigued. Only just found out it was discontinued in 2013 though so not sure how easy it'll be to play now! :( still think I might give it a go though! :)
on the trading card loot I can't comment as I haven't looked at it yet (only got it yesterday) but whatever it is I'll consider it a nice bonus! As is the in game pet Lil Deathwing! :)

The soundtrack is lovely! Some of my favourite Warcraft tunes on it! I always liked the music in Wow so I do enjoy having the sound tracks! :)

The DVD is an interesting watch! I love to get behind the scenes and know more about the thought processes and designs!

All in all I couldn't be happier! For the price I think it's a steal! That book is definitely worth it alone! Don't be disappointed - click buy! :D

2.0 out of 5 stars The worst of WoW's Expansions, 7 April 2013
Honestly this game was bad, there is no excuse, this game was AWFUL.

The antagonist was a joke, derp a dragon of dumbness wants to destroy the world, because plot armor. I could not be more offended at how much disregard was given to the lore to make this character and this storyline.

It was terrible, its awful and quite frankly, its only purpose is to serve as a transition to MOP, which is only just better for its better written story, despite the fact it effectively destroyed the MMO itself.

I honestly hated every expansion to wow for making the lore more and more ignored in favor of giving players epic loot and killing bosses that in realistic terms would flat out annihilate them. This was the worst culprit by far, with no exposition as to how you became strong enough to kill a primal dragon, and no explanation as to how you are suddenly the guardians of the world that is now threatened by the old gods...

Seriously, for people that actually respected the lore of Warcraft 3, this game will bring you to tears at how awful it was.

5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing collector's edition; how they should be made for the fans, 5 Dec. 2014
J. Humar "Seitei" (Vrhavč ,Slovenia) - See all my reviews
Still my favourite WOW expansion. I will focus on the bonus contents, not the game.
The box itself is a sight to behold. Sturdy and artistic. The artbook has a high gloss feel to it, and features some amazing artwork. From watching the behind-the-scenes DVD, I found out that Blizzard really tried something different with this expansion. In my opinion, the most underrated expansion so far, with absolutely amazing locations and two fun new races. The soundtrack is still my absolute favourite WoW soundtrack, better even than the much acclaimed Wrath of the Lich King. It also comes with a nice Deathwing-themed mousepad. The in-game bonuses however are a letdown, as you only receive a pet, BUT an AMAZING pet. Lil' Deathwing is an absolute joy to have as your travelling compation and, as of now, as a battle pet. Unlike Pandaria and Draenor, it does not include an exclusive mount, but that started with pandaria so no big deal. I did not check the Diablo and Starcraft bonuses, but they seem cool.

Even now, when Cataclysm has become pretty much obsolete (you can however upgrade your standard Cata to collectors edition Cata by inserting the code), I suggest you buy this collector's edition if you're a big WoW fan. The goodies are worth the price, BELIEVE ME. It is high quality material.

4.0 out of 5 stars WoW but not that wow, 25 July 2011
it was great to see some major changes and plot development to Azeroth, however it does suffer from problems when playing the gap from levels 60-80 as u have to play and explore parts of the game that are set before events in the rest of the game and then u return to current timeline at level 80-85 that for me ruins the experence.
game play is ok nothing majorly new blizzard seem afraid to push boundarys and try anything that could upset people. and perhaps they maybe guilty of over simplifying it. would love them to lower subscription fees.

But over all its good fun

5.0 out of 5 stars A great game, a nice box, just as addictive as ever!!, 31 Mar. 2011
Mr. M. Bacon "SmokyJoe" (Wiltshire, England) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is written by a player of WoW of nearly 5 years! i have enjoyed all the old content from start to finish and when this expansion was released couldnt wait to get my hands on it (much to my girlfriends anguish!). when i first got the box was very excited and got everything out, theres some nice touches with the box but theres a lot of empty space below the packaging but i suppose cant be helped.

first thing the game itself is more of the same number crunching, mob killing, boss attempting fun that has made World of Warcraft the game it is and more than likely will be for many years to come! I enjoy this game as much today as when i first started!

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Expansion but I only Bought it for the Pet, 8 Sept. 2014
Cataclysm itself was the worst expansion which made me quit WoW for over a year, however I bought this old collector's edition box set for just under £15 for the deathwing pet which is similar to the prices you pay in the blizz in game store for pets. So Lil' Deathwing Pet is 5/5 stars but the expansion itself was not for me.

All the extras were in the box and nothing was missing. I did have a quick look through the trading cards and got a novelty sit on toy in game that has a limited number of uses.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great CE from Blizzard, and a great game too!, 20 Dec. 2010
SNS - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Its kind of hard to review Cataclysm because the vast majority of it content is actually free in the form of the Shattering patch which everyone got regardless of whether they own any of the expansions.

This free patch changed the majority of Azeroth for the better. Entire zones have been changed in appearance, some zones have been broken up into two, low level questing has been improved from 1-60 and so on! Basically bringing older content into a more modern era. Improvements to guilds and so forth! These are all awesome and amazing changes which make older content great and replayablity far better!

The problem arises because this means that by purchasing Cataclysm you are only buying access to the lvl80-85 content (i.e new higher level quests, dungeons, raids, gear and zones), the ability to fly in Azeroth, the new Archeology skill and some re-vamped older dungeons having HC added to them. This could be argued as being a small amount of content to actually buy!!

So the question is whether or not that paid content is worth it?

If you are a long running wow player, who has a lvl80 character or two and you have done everything else, then YES it is. You will no doubt love the new areas, quests, dungeons and raids etc etc. You will love the ability to fly in Azeroth (and it is cool to do it) and perhaps pass some time digging things up in Archeology.

There is no denying that the lvl80-85 content is fun to play through and worth doing so. But if you are a long runnin WoW player then you already know this, and you know what to expect as you will have bought BC and LK already!

If on the other hand, you are new to WoW then the bottom line is buy the Battlechest with the original game and BC in... give it a try, see if you like it. If you do, then buy LK and if you like that, then get Cataclysm.

But a note of warning to new players... you are looking at 85 levels now to play through, dozens of dungeons and a lot of raids! Having that much content before you WILL be dawnting and it will feel overwhelming and you may become discouraged.

But as most people will say... the best content is at the end of the game! If you stick at it, and eventually play Cataclysm, it will be worth it!

If you are new to the game you will find lvl 1-60 a much more fun experienced then even we had when we first startted due to massive improvements. But those aare free anyway. If you are an existing player, you already know youl buy this anyway!

NOW THE Collectors Edition STUFF....

...Blizzard really do make the best CE of games. Again you get a mousemat, a CD sound track, a DVD making off to watch, Playing cards for TCG (if you like that kind of thing) and the best bit is the massive art book. All rapped up in a great box.... oh and ofcourse the pet!

If you can get your hands on a CE, for a reasonable price, then get one.

4.0 out of 5 stars WoW?, 21 May 2014
Bought this for my younger brother (10) who plays World of Warcraft.
Very nice packaging, with posh velvet (I think, not actually sure what it is) inside.

I would normally do pros and cons, but as I have not actually played it, I can't...

Notes:
* requires previous two expansions, which we thought would cause issues, but realised were integrated into the main game in '07 and '08 (Again, I think, not sure)

5.0 out of 5 stars So fancy, 20 Feb. 2014
I loved it! It came here in just 3 days and in perfect condition and it's just so perfect, thank you!

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm - Collector's Edition (PC/Mac)
Used & New from: £34.98