on 8 December 2010
Worked wherever I went in India - Delhi, Agra, Ranthambore, Jabalpur, Khana - used for travel kettle, phone charger and camera battery charger. Solid product, well worth the money.
on 21 September 2011
I visit India every year and have purchased similar but poorly-fitting product over there at a fraction of this cost. The quality and fit with UK plugs of the supplied product, however, is perfect. You do not want to have a ill-fitting adaptor attached to your costly equipment, so this item I would highly recommend as a worthwhile and esssential purchase to any visitors to Indian subcontinent and South Africa. And that it comes with a continental 2 pin adaptor as well (which can also be used in India) is an added bonus.
Very prompt delivery. So pleased, I bought another one and wrote a review!
on 23 November 2010
Good product. Prompt Delivery. Did what it says. I used it to travel from UK to India on personal and professional visit. These days Indian Airports, Offices and Hotels have already got international adaptors. I will still carry a couple of these just in case.
on 11 November 2011
I bought these plugs for Sri Lanka and both worked very well. Very happy with my purchases. Recommended and cheap!
on 29 June 2011
It's small and compact so it's very suitable for travelling with because it hardly takes up any extra room. In India every mains socket has both a 2-pin and a 3-pin socket so this would be perfect.
on 6 January 2015
Used these all over Northern India and they just worked. No overheating problems as reported by others but we did use them mostly for USB chargers and camera battery chargers. All the hotels provided hair dryers so the largest power drain was from hair straighteners.

Most plug sockets seemed to have 5 pin holes, some had 2 or 3. The 5 pin sockets will accept either of these adapters. The pins on the 3 pin adapter are the same as European round pin plugs. The European plugs will work but you need something to push into the 3rd hole at the top of the socket to open the shutters on the lower 2 holes. I did this on one occasion using the pin on the 3 pin adapter others in our party used a pencil but I would advise caution if using 2 pin plugs in this way.
on 31 March 2013
These are rather old-fashioned lumps of hard plastic, like UK plugs used to be, and of course they don't carry any safety assurance.
Care is needed when using them as I suspect that, like UK plugs before shielded pins and shuttered sockets were introduced, it's possible to touch the pins while inserting them in the socket and if you do that expect an unpleasant surprise. Don't let the kids play with them.

Anyway, they work as stated. I have yet to come across a "universal" adapter that caters for these styles of socket, which are common in many countries on the modern tourist trail.
on 28 September 2012
Orded this adaptor for a forthcoming business trip to India. Unfortunately, it wasn't delivered in time but I left it quite late to order. I travelled without an adaptor in the end and both hotels I stayed in provided adaptors for their guests. The adaptor I ordered looks exactly like the ones I used in the hotels so I suppose it is the correct type.
on 16 March 2011
Delivered as ordered in good time. Just the right adaptor since so called Universal adaptors checked do not cover India.
on 8 September 2011
The EU style charger was slightly different to the one pictured there wasn't the second stage platform, which actually was better for the gaps they were being put into. The three-pin plud was used more as it avoid arcing in the sockets, which was reassuring.

The whole process of purchasing and uasge left me with no issues and very happy. Would happily recommend, especially at this price.