on 20 February 2013
The supplier of this shed is second to none - exceptionally helpful and very open communications - would highly recommend.

The shed is better value than DIY superstore sheds of the same price. For example, floor, roof and felt a much better standard.

I brought extra 50mm screws to make the panels sturdy, and I should think I will buy a better locks to make it more secure before bikes and any tools go in.

I made my own base from pressure treated wood and it was half the price of the one advertised - and put flag stone down to avoid any damp at the base.

Unless you are willing to pay £100's for a shed get this one.
on 31 March 2014
We bought this shed as it was one of the very few sheds we could find that met our requirements - this shape shed is quite hard to find at all, and even harder to find in a pressure treated finish (we didn't want a brown or orange painted shed). The only other similar shed we could find was well over twice the price ...

Not entirely sure what I was expecting at this price, but actually I really have been very pleasantly surprised. The walls are overlap, but they're pretty sturdy - certainly as good as anything from a DIY store in my opinion. The roof, too, is fine - not outstanding but fine, and I expect it will serve well.

I DON'T rate the floor at all - very light duty bearers and 9mm chipboard that flexes when you step on it. However I had some old tongue & groove boards that transform it into an excellent floor (even if I had had to buy some, the shed would still have been excellent value for money). Nor do I rate the door catch - this has already fallen apart and been replaced. My only other gripe is I would have preferred screws to put the roof boards on, rather than nails, but this is a minor gripe - what was supplied was perfectly fine.

The shed was supplied in manageable pieces, and was easy to construct - it took me about 5 hours (on my own) to put it together and get the roof on (this time didn't include preparing the site, but then this would be required whatever shed I had chosen).

Other reviewers have complained about the supplier - I have no such complaints. My shed was delievered, in perfect condition, on the day I selected, and well within the Amazon expected delivery dates. The delivery man was both polite and helpful. Absolutely no complaints on this point.

Overall verdict: I now have an excellent shed, that I fully expect easily to last the duration of the 15-year guarantee (and then some). I have no qualms at all in recommending either the shed or the supplier, and would happily use them again in the future. Thank you.
on 17 January 2011
Very easy and fast to put together. Good materials and no scrimping on nails and fixings and felt like some suppliers. Felt was also good quality rather than the ultra thin stuff some supply.

Because all the sides came as single pieces, this shed was very easy to fit together.

Delivery was excellent as well and the service even carried the shed round to my garden.
on 13 June 2011
this is a good quality shed and company (garden central).

communication from the company is superb (letters and phone calls re delivery).

the shed itself took around 8 hours to put together (including the wooden base i purchased too). this is by complete amateurs as far as diy is concerned.

some of the accompanying parts seemed a bit bent and so some construction was a little 'forced' with a lump hammer!

plenty of felt and fixings supplied of which i still have lots left, still standing unharmed in a very windy area that i live in.

recommended.

Edit: still standing strong some 4/5 years later and that's after moving house and having to saw the erm, 'girders' on the tall ends because they wouldn't fit in the van!
on 4 April 2012
I think this shed is good value, looking at what's available elsewhere. I live in a very exposed and windy location by the sea in E. Scotland, and felt that for this location the shed did need some extra reinforcement. The floor looked rather flimsy, composed of rough chipboard with four parallel struts, so I reinforced mine with a network of three extra parallel struts and several cross struts, in order to give the floor more solid support. I also put extra screws in the joins between the side panels, side panels and floor, and side panels and roof panels. I also added extra struts to each of the two roof panels, which are composed of MDF. I also added an extra strut at the apex of the two roof panels. The latch to the doors was fine for me, but if a burglar-proof latch was required a more sturdy one would be needed. Since putting the shed up we have experienced heavy rain and storms, and the shed has remained watertight. I put the shed up by myself in a day, including the extra work I put into it.

I give the shed 3* because of the extra reinforcing I felt it needed for our location, but despite this I think this shed is still good value for money.
on 8 May 2012
Came on time and relatively easy to erect. However we found too many instances of wood splitting as a result of screwing the probably too large screws through/into thin wood. Also the door fitments were out of align with the blocks behind the doors to hold the screws, which meant screws just being held by the thin doors.
And have just noticed some of the screws going rusty.
on 9 August 2013
Good value for price paid - fits together pretty well.
Really requires a shed base beneath the chipboard floor.
Can do it alone in less than a day (although you might need someone to hold the sides at the start.)
All parts included
It's a shed not a 'summer house' so as long as you only want to use it as a store it's absolutely fine.
on 8 October 2012
Really good buy for the money but I spent a further £70 on metal fittings and screws and another layer for the floor and now it's a sturdy shed. Well pleased
on 24 July 2013
Hubby was very pleased with this shed. holds the kids bikes and other items. plenty of room and doesn't
take up too much space in the garden. would recommend this shed to others
on 8 July 2013
When you order this, expect a pleasant surprise as it is a lovely shed for the price.
Far better than i expected.