5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent products
When we moved we had every room of our flat to paint - this set was invaluable. Great value for money and we used everything in the pack 10 times over. Highly recommended

Brushes had minimal shredding and washed well. I would definitely buy these again
Published on 25 Oct 2011 by Louis

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Value
Need a bit of work .Stiff and hair loss but don't throw away after use as some people advise because if you clean them they soften up and become a fairly good Brush.
Tip** use hair conditioner to soften bristles . leave in overnight and wash out the next morning.
Published on 7 July 2012 by Nigel Boucher

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent products, 25 Oct 2011
Louis "lk28" (uk) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Stanley HOBBY10 10 Piece Hobby Paint Brush Set (DIY & Tools)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value when reduced..........., 24 Jun 2012
IOWBOY - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I've now purchased two sets of these brushes from Amazon, both times for under £6.00; and at that price I feel they offer excellent value.

There is some hair loss when using them, but they clean up well and are more than just disposable. A really good range of sizes is provided. Recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars good value, 16 May 2011
This is a good value set of brushes, with all the size brushes needed for a D I Y paint job, good quality too.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Value, 7 July 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and Cheerful, 27 April 2013
Daggerwin (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I needed some paint brushes fairly quickly for some work I was doing and these did the job very nicely. They are very affordable and you get a lot for your money. They are actually fairly high quality! My one complaint however was some of the bristles had already come out in the box before they were even used but none have come out while I was using them.

Overall, they are very good.

3.0 out of 5 stars Stanley brushes., 16 Nov 2013
Cheap and are used for external fencing. Not sure I would use them for internal painting, where a good finish is essential.

5.0 out of 5 stars they may rust, they may fray but i recommend them., 21 Nov 2014
I have purdy brushes that I would like to maintain so thought I would grab some cheap brushes for were no purdy should go and the price for 10 brushes was shockingly cheap so I jumped at the opportunity to purchase.

Are they worth it ? Yes, why?
Well my main reason was to undercoat with these, the paint applied ok but after the bristles were fraying slightly and after more use more fraying but this was expected and there not for cutting in or finishing touches so if your looking for a tidy finish these are not the brushes you want.

The metal has rusted but honestly I never treated these with as much attention as most of my tools, with ten of these brushes I even used some for cleaning and dusting off my tools, dusting of skirting boards prior to undercoating. With so many brushes for so cheap you'll come up with various ways to get use from these brushes while still having some leftover for there primary role of painting I kept 1 of each size for painting the rest I found other uses for.

They may rust, they may fray but despite this I recommend anyone has a pack of these lying around as you will find a use for them and the fact they do all the dirty work and preserve my purdys when decorating these brushes get a 5/5 from me.

Thanks for reading, hope this review is helpful.

1.0 out of 5 stars Stanley gone bad?, 30 Sep 2013
For many years Stanley were the tools to have.
So I had no hesitation in buying their paint brushes.
BUT as soon as I used one the bristles started falling out and now so have I with Stanley.

4.0 out of 5 stars For the money you can't go wrong, 4 Jun 2014
Mr Baz - See all my reviews
(#1 REVIEWER)    (No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)
This set of 10 brushes covers just about all your painting needs, bar a huge size single brush (in which case you should think about a roller for bigger areas)

Normal bristles, but fairly easy to clean too. I pick up the odd set for painting jobs, whilst I do prefer the Harris synthetic brushes for finishing esp on gloss (acrylic or oil based) these are good for normal bristles, and good for emulsion or exterior painting..and cheap enough that you won't worry about using them for other types of paint (where you can't wash the brush easily)

At this price you can't go wrong, a decent standard quality set

1.0 out of 5 stars Stanley brushes, 23 April 2014
You get what you pay for comes to mind
Avoid!
Very cheap, buy something else!
Brushes were useless
Ended up using for dusting down blinds