Colour: Black Chrome|Change
Price:£40.93+ Free shipping

on 8 December 2012
Very quick delivery - it arrived the day after it was ordered even with super saver deliver (impressive seeing as it is the Christmas period too). The lamp itself is brilliant - the main lamp is a lot brighter than I was expecting and overall the product looks great. I built it myself, but I can see why people advise having two people to put it together. Other reviews mention a humming, I have yet to experience this (no matter how much it is dimmed). Overall I am very happy with the product. The price here is great too - much, much cheaper than the shops.

Edit: I was so happy with this purchase I bought another for another room. This second order unfortunately did hum very loudly when it was dimmed. I returned it as faulty for a new one and the replacement was fine - just as quiet as my first purchase. If yours does hum I suggest you return it as being faulty - there may be a faulty batch. It may also be worth testing it before you build it.
on 7 May 2011
The two pack shipment arrived in good time. The packaging was very comprehensive ensuring the lamps were undamaged in transit.
The assembly was straight forward but it is very wise to use two people.
The lamps look superb and work very well with no humming from the dimmer controls as reported in other reviews.
All in all, full satisfaction.
on 2 October 2013
To better control the light level in my living room, I wanted a new dimmer light.

I went for the "antique" model, hoping it would go with the other antique brass fittings in the room. Luckily, it is as close to antique brass as I can tell.

The unit is very stable, with a heavy rubber foot holding it at the base. The design is very aesthetic, with everything screwing together at the edges; the only unnecessary seam I can see is on the controller unit (mounted half way up), which is in two pieces screwed together. The only two visible screws are on the back of the controller unit. There are separate controls for the level of the main light and dimmer light. Both lights have a frosted glass window on the reverse side to allow diffused light.

The upright poles do seem to twist easily.

The main light has a 220-240V 118mm halogen light (energy category C) which offers 230w (4650lm) for 1000 hours according to the box the bulb comes in.

Even though the listing didn't mention it, the unit is self-assembly as you would expect at this price.

It was delivered in a box with the main components assembled and cabled (controller unit fitted on and one of the bulbs installed). The mains cable, which you can't see in the listing picture, runs right through the cable and out of the base, and must be pulled through various tubing to close it up. Assembly requires the Alan key and spanner provided. Instructions are slightly tricky; the nuts and washers hold the unit together right at the base, under the rubber foot and metal cover while the picture shows only one layer; I thought they had assembled it wrongly and ended up taking off the plug, which broke and had to be replaced (luckily I had a spare plug; NB you need to transfer the fuse as it uses a non-standard 3A fuse). The instructions talked of a worm gear to hold the cable to the base, but there was no such tapped hole.

This is a good product for the price and it definitely does what it is supposed to.
on 14 February 2011
The lamp was delivered promptly and well packed. It was simple to put together with easy to follow instructions.
The black chrome looks good and the unit is well constructed.
There are however a couple of niggling things about it.
One is that the dimmer switch for the main lamp buzzes in that annoying way that dimmer switches do.
The other is that the reading light flickers at lower light levels particularly when the lamp is first switched on.
I also found the dimensions shown in the product description misleading. They seemed to indicate that the unit is 138 cms high when, in fact this relates to the packaging. This meant that I had actually bought something that, whilst adequate, wasn't quite what I was looking for.
All in all though, this is a nice looking functional product and good value for money.
on 7 November 2013
Love it, looks gorgeous stood in the corner of my room, gives off a fantastic light, I only need the main light turned up to halfway to light my room sufficiently, and the spot light is ideal should you need it - 07/11/2013

EDIT:- I've noticed my electricity use has sneaked up by almost a THIRD since I started using this lamp, I have it in my sitting room so in these dark nights it's switched on for about 7-8 hours per day, sometimes a little bit longer, but still I was shocked to learn it had made the total cost of my electricity used throughout my home in a week increase by a third!! Especially as I was using another lamp (albeit not halogen) for practically the same amount of usage before this one! All that and I only have it (the main light) turned on at just less than halfway, otherwise it's too bright for my eyes.

I'm about to try some energy saving bulbs in it to see if that helps in lowering the cost of running this thing, I shall report back with my findings - 02/12/2013

2ND (and final) EDIT:- I actually forgot to update this until just now when someone replied, so here goes... I tried lower watt bulbs however my electricity use was still way higher than it should have been, at least when the bulbs worked for longer than a day without exploding anyway!! I wouldn't recommend this lamp to anyone looking to use it over an extended period of time unless they aren't concerned with their carbon footprint, although in this day & age each of us should be. Marked it down to 2 stars to reflect it's value to me, it comes in handy as a reading lamp now & again but at over £40 it's quite an expensive one. - (29/05/14)
44 comments|31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 March 2014
I have 3 of these finished in black chrome in my house. I love the finish and the look of these lamps, they are well made, stylish and great value at the prices they can be found here on Amazon.

These lamps give off a bright very white light when turned up high if needed. I like the dimmers for setting the light/mood as desired, they give off nice light for all conditions and the dimmers don't buzz annoyingly like some can.

Really lovely modern lights.
on 5 October 2012
This is the second of these Eldon lights I've had (the first I bought from a local shop where it cost me almost 2.5 times as much) I love the design, the general build quality is good but the dimmer lets it down. The dimmer controls on the first one died completely after about a year so neither of the lights worked. The second one lasted approx 10 months before it started malfunctioning. The main light now flickers continuously if dimmed, and it will only dim very slightly. When the first one died, I looked into getting a replacement dimmer control but it turned out it would have cost more than a brand new one from Amazon so, assuming I'd just been unlucky, I bought a second one. Bad decision :\ It's a shame because it's a beautiful looking light but the components let it down. It's probably ok if you only use it occasionally, but I use it in my home office so it gets heavy use. Have replaced it with a different brand which I *hope* will last longer!
on 14 March 2012
I have found that the large halogen light blows after only a few days. I have tried two now & the same thing keeps happening. The small light seems fine.
on 31 January 2014
This is an amazing light. Can't believe the great quality for such a good price. It takes more than a couple of minutes to put together, but it is so worth it. Would absolutely recommend this light to anyone looking for an uplighter.
on 28 December 2014
Arrived quickly and seemed well packaged but when removing the outer cardboard box the weighted base broke through the polystyrene inner. There was no damage but I would advise that when opening the box, this is done flat on the floor, rather than with the package standing upright. The lamp was fairly easy to assemble and took around 40 minutes but this time could be bettered with more than one person involved. I ended up with 2 extra grub screws one of which was (according to the diagram) to hold the cable into the base, but I couldn't find a way to use this and the cable is retained by a plastic 'plug' which was already in place. The lamp itself is sturdy enough but, like other weighted base lamps, it doesn't sit perfectly perpendicular on carpeted floor. The halogen uplight is very bright at its maximum setting but the reading light is not as bright but is still of sufficient brightness for comfortable reading and adjusts well to different reading angles. The dimmers both work very well and I can detect no humming from either and the only slight downside for this product is that cable is a little short.