on 15 February 2011
I am at a uni whose cashpoint has been moved well out of main area, meaning I often need an emergency £10 note for much needed student supplies (crisps, chocolate, snacks). I saw this and thought it would be great for an emergency. It will, but only after struggling to retrieve the note you've put in there and praying you don't rip it! It is very tricky to get money in and if you buy one I recommend you roll the note before hand to make it supple. I got a £20 note in on my third attempt and was happy enough... but when I got it out I realised I had torn the one side slightly getting it in or out. Much easier with a £10 note and was confident it was not ripped... it wasn't... it had slipped off the internal clip instead and took me five minutes to fish out with tweezers.

It is a good product, but needs practice and perseverance and a lot of care. It will do the job when I have more time to practice pulling money out.

Just check delivery time... my took weeks and not days because I didn't check dispatch estimates first! My fault, but you have been warned fellow amazon customer.

*Editing this now. Just checked second cash stash (bought one for my dad and one for me) and found it is missing the waterproof rubber ring! Not happy. Not returning item, but be careful.
**Edit** In the comments section you'll see that someone posted a link to contact TU and arrange a washer replacement. Contacting them was easy and a new washer was sent within days! [...]
on 12 September 2011
As a store for an emergency £20 when cycling this is great. It really is tiny enough to carry on a keyring at all times and not be a nuisance. It's not a subsitute for a wallet though - it is what it says it is - it's an emergency cash store. It comes with a little note already folded inside to show you how to fold the note - basically in 4 lengthwise to give a long strip, then fold the strip in half, then push the end into the little clip and roll the remainder tightly round. You do need to fold accurately and tightly - but this did work first time when I did it.

It's really useful for simply putting on your keys and forgetting that it's there. If you've gone out and realise with sinking heart that you've left your wallet behind or for those occasions where you only need to carry money in case of emergency (e.g. cycling or walking trips) then it's brilliant.
on 21 February 2011
This is brilliant, very small and easily fits a single note. It is light and doesn't make your key bunch too bulky.
on 13 March 2013
I got one of these in a Christmas cracker in 2011, I found it so handy that I gave it to a friend in South Africa and bought this one. My son and daughter have each bought themselves one and also one for their father. With a £20 note rolled up inside it, it weighs almost nothing on my keyring and the security of knowing that I always have taxi money on me is very reassuring. I'm waiting for the £50 one.
on 9 April 2014
I got this so my son always has some money with him. We have fitted it on the back pack he always has with
Him,but it could easily fit on a jacket. It's so small you'd never know there was money in it. I managed to fold
A £10 note inside so the next time my son leaves his lunch at home he can buy something ,instead of me
Having to chase after him with his lunch. Never be without money in an emergency again. Would recommend .
Also makes a very useful gift.
on 18 June 2016
Was caught short at work with no diesel in car. Now with this i always have £20 on car keys. Saves me having to beg, steal or borrow.
on 28 May 2015
Very useful emergency kit for runners and commuters. Unfortunately somebody stole my wife's one off her commuting bag, so this was a replacement. Well made and I especially like th eckear reusable shipping box.
on 15 January 2011
Yes it does take 5 goes to get your £20 note coiled up but if you stick it into the cap first it works fantastically! Just right for a taxi fare if your out walking and the heavens open! :-)
on 8 August 2014
Has actually lived up to the hype and helped me out on a number of occasions when I have thought myself to be cashless. Only one word or warning - remember to refill it when it has done its good deed!
on 14 January 2012
I bought this because just sometimes it handy to have a few pounds stashed away in the case of an emergency.

I go cycling and have had two flat tyres and was completely unable to call anyone to let them know, I happened to be spotted by someone i knew which was fortunate. Since then I've stuffed £5 under my cycling shoe sole, but this is small enough to forget about.

I've given it 4 stars as the unit could be possibly a little longer or designed so that the thread doesn't make contact with the note. I'd imagine that you could end up shredding a note if you didn't fold the note properly.

As a cool gadget this is pretty good.