4.0 out of 5 stars Great Buy
Having two dogs and two cats my hunt or a vacuum that lives up to its name seems to be never ending, as soon as you think you have found a vacuum that is going to live up to the task you are soon finding out that this is not so. Then I was recommended this model, after setting up the machine which was really easy and quick, I Found that not only did this model pass my...
Published on 13 Dec. 2010 by Ms. R. S. Sewrey

3.0 out of 5 stars It works
I purchased this as a replacement for a defunct Dyson DC07 Animal. Assembly is fairly easy although slightly confusing in a couple of places where the instructions are not clear.

Other reviewers have noted the loudness; it's definitely significantly noisier than the Dyson (the weight is about the same however). But it certainly works and is effective at getting...
Published on 11 July 2011 by E. L. Wisty

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars not loving it!, 27 Jan. 2012
E. L. Karanastasi "EK" (Greece) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Vax U90-P6-P Power 6 Pet Upright Vacuum Cleaner (Kitchen & Home)
I have bought this, my first upright vacuum, after reading the reviews on here. I decided to pick this model because it was especially for pet hair, and as I have chocolate brown rugs and a golden retriever, I need a vacuum that will make my rugs brown again!!
I am used to a cylinder style, so this may have something to do with my views.
1. It is EXTREMELY heavy - it nearly wrenches my arm off carrying it up and down the stairs.
2. It is EXTREMELY noisy - I have never heard a household appliance this loud!!
3. It is bulky and the actual cleaning head is very tall, so it won't go under normal furniture.
4. The hose is probably long but it doesn't extend easily - so I am trying to get under the furniture (on my hands and knees) to do the job that my old vacuum did without me even bending down, and the vacuum slams into the back of me all the time as the hose is so tight the cleaner goes with it!
5. the smaller sofa/curtain tool is rubbish
6. The hose keeps coming out of it's position when attached to the main vacuum - this is highly annoying.
7. Due to the very tight hose, cleaning the stairs is an absolute chore - it used to take me 3 minutes with my old machine, not it takes a sweaty, tiring 10 mins.

I can't think of anything else right now that is annoying me, but I have decided to put it under the stairs until my old one really does break for good, but until this moment I am sticking to the more versatile one!! I will never buy another upright.

There are 2 good points, however - the power cable is very long, and I can vacuum the whole of the downstairs without changing plugs. Also, it cleans carpets very well - it even 'fluffed' them up again like new. This was when the hose was in place - when it had come out without me noticing I was cursing that it wasn't cleaning at all!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A most excellent product!, 6 Dec. 2011
I bought this vacuum because of my German Shepherd's propensity for dropping hairs all over the place. The machine arrived on time and was quickly unpacked and assembled.

To test it, I cleaned the carpets using a Dyson DC07 Animal and then tried the new Vax. To say that I was astonished at the difference would be an understatment. I was amazed at the amount that the Dyson had been unable to collect, to the extent that I now have it in bits trying to find out what has broken!!

I am really pleased with the Vax and the way it cleans.

Drawbacks? Only really one, which is that moving the brush setting knob can be difficult. The trick seems to be to lean the machine well back before adjusting.

Overall, highly recommended.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cleans Well - but a REAL BACK KILLER!, 13 Dec. 2011
(Review left by "Fordys Mrs")

This is our 3rd Vax Purchase in the past year! We have a Vax pull-along cleaner which is really handy and easy to get into corners and clean floorboards (but doesnt pick up dog hair). Then we have also purchased a Vax upright Carpet Shampoo'er & Upholstery cleaner (works fab!)

The prob we have is that we have beige carpets with a Choc brown Cocker Spaniel and have really battled to keep the carpets looking clean because of the Dog hair.

My wonderful better-half has just bought me this Vax U90-P60-P Power 6 Pet Vacuum cleaner - it cleans the carpets really well and sucks up the dogs hair 100% - but am sooooo disappointed with the weight of it. It absolutely kills your back - and I have only just hoovered the rug in our living room and our entrance hall. I havnt even got it up the stairs yet to clean the passage and bedrooms. Thats if I can even get it up the stairs.

I mean really do Vax not think of the practicality of the weight of these things??

I do feel gutted because I'v been asking my Fiance' for an Upright Vax for a few months now - I'v only just got this today and put it together - used it once and my back is knackered! Disappointed - and not like I can return it :(

5.0 out of 5 stars Power 6 pet, 15 Dec. 2011
I bought this vacuum cleaner after seeing my friends one. This machine is awesome, we have white carpets and a black dog! I could not believe the power of this vacuum cleaner! We have lots of different floor coverings in our house I have used the vacuum on lino, wood, uneven flagstones, seagrass, carpet and also a very deep wool rug ( a bit of a risk but great results! )

It is heavy and noisy but so what, it's amazingly powerful! By far the best vacuum I've ever used.

My only dislike ( and it is a minor one ) is the vent in the tube that you have to cover with your hand, a sliding vent would be so much better.

H

1.0 out of 5 stars One word: AWFUL, 29 Nov. 2011
Happy to have a quick delivery from amazon as usual just wish I had taken more time to look at the reviews of the product. This was my first time purchasing a hoover and the £90 I spent on it was at the top of my budget. Unfortunately I have no positive points for the cleaner. Bulky, extremely heavy, blows out a ridiculous amounts of air, cord is in a silly place, and tends to fall over a lot! I did get in touch with the seller straight away to see what my options where and had a swift reply to say I had none and as had used the product there was nothing they could do. Gutted. Only advice would be DON'T BUY!

2.0 out of 5 stars heavy and awkward to manoeuver, 18 July 2011
I bought this because of the glowing reviews but I find it very heavy and difficult to manoeuvre.
The motor burnt out the fifth time I used it.
It says it is for carpets and hard floors but on wood floors it blows the dust AWAY, as for some reason the air is expelled at the front of the machine at the same time it is vacuuming.
I wish I had never bought it.
jmh

2.0 out of 5 stars Ridiculously heavy :(, 13 Dec. 2011
M. Anderson (Devon, UK) - See all my reviews
Just received this today (My partner ordered it for me - as I'm battling to keep the carpets clean frm our dogs hair).

I'v assembled it and used it in the living-room & entrance hall. Works really well (suction wise) - but otherwise I'm pretty gutted by it actually :( It's soooo heavy - a real back killer! So back to square one - as it's not like I can send it back after using it once!

Gutted - wish I could send it back! What idiot designed the weight of this thing? Dunno how I'm gonna get it up the stairs!

5.0 out of 5 stars Vax U90-P6-P Power 6 Pet Upright Vacuum Cleaner, 19 Feb. 2012
excellent product, well worth the money compared to dyson (which i have owned for the past ten years)does what it says, good suction, light to use (even my wife can use it - the dyson was too heavy) comes flatpacked so you have to assemble it yourself (but very easy to put together)good delivery time. came on the day stated.the dust container is easy to clean, just wash out in warm water.best to clean the filter outside on a compressed air line (where a dust mask)
but all round an excellent product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best, 17 Jan. 2012
Upon receiving this hoover it took me only 10 minutes to build this hoover, instructions very easy to follow yes and i am a woman
Tried out the hoover on a burgundy carpet and it looks amazing.
Having read all reviews i have to disagree with the people who said it is a noisey hoover, you had to have my heard my old dyson had to wear earplugs, the Vax hoover so quiet compared to my old dyson
I would highly recommend this hoover, and would recommend purchasing through Amazon best deal and delivery

3.0 out of 5 stars not so impressed, 28 Oct. 2011
D. C. Raithby (Oxfordshire, England) - See all my reviews
We are an elderly retired couple sharing our home with an equally aged feline. On our third vacuum cleaner in the last 5 years we decided that there seemed to be a lot of dust around the house which our present machine wasn't dealing with, so as a last attempt we ordered a Vax Power6 Pet. Before testing we used our old machine on the carpets.
The Vax duly sucked up an embarassing quantity of dirt and cat hair left by the old (2 years!) machine - very impressive. Not the quietest or lightest machine and a wee bit cumbersome but does it work - yes it does! If it lasts as well as it cleans our search is over!
Alas I fear the search goes on the machine has proved too clumsy and is excessively heavy. Performance is good but constantly having to clean filters has become a chore as debris has to be cleared from each pleat of the filter. Edge suction is not impressive and the blast of air it blows forward is very irritating.

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›