5.0 out of 5 stars Compact kitchen gadgetry.
Took a little time considering what I wanted to replace my broken liquidiser I had for soup making..( the seal broke on only the second time I used it,)
Published on 26 Feb 2011 by Mrs Pooladam

1.0 out of 5 stars attachments will no longer fit
Purchased this blender in Dec 11, have only used the potato masher attachment a few times and now it will not engage properly on the blender handle. The hand blender attachment does not always fit or should I say sit properly either. This is not good enough Kenwood as the whole unit has only had limited use since purchase and none of it has been heavy duty...
Published 20 months ago by Guiseley

5.0 out of 5 stars Compact kitchen gadgetry., 26 Feb 2011
Mrs Pooladam (Gotham England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kenwood HB724 Triblade Hand Blender (Kitchen & Home)
So this space saving 'power tool for the kitchen' has proved to be a wizard. Has far more functions than I was hoping for and I actually use them. Great for whizzing soups still in the saucepan, makes the softest mash potato and chops oinions etc in a trice. All this tucks away in my kitchen drawer neatly and is so easy to put together and switch between functions.
A really good value for money item.

5.0 out of 5 stars kenwood tri-blade, 23 Jan 2011
This review is from: Kenwood HB724 Triblade Hand Blender (Kitchen & Home)
Fantastic product, would recommend to anyone who likes to bake/cook lots. Makes the best mashed potatoe and soups so quick and easy. Also easy to clean. Great value for money. If had to criticize, would suggest a condensed hard plastic bag/holdall style to keep all the parts in rather than the bulky cardboard box supplied it came in.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality + 5 separate attachments!, 26 Jan 2011
S. D. Southam "Shereen" (Essex) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Kenwood HB724 Triblade Hand Blender (Kitchen & Home)
The Kenwood HB724 comes with a stainless steel main blender, a plastic "Big Foot" belnder with stainless steel blades that can be used directly in non-stick cookware and an all-plastic Masher "foot" that can also be uised directly in cookware, all of which are very easy to attach and eject from the main unit. The masher is designed to mash cooked vegetables like potatoes, swede and carrot and like the other two "feet", must NOT be used for blending or mashing raw vegetables.

Then there is the 500ml chopper attachment, which also attaches to the main unit and can be used to chop up to 250g meat, 30g herbs, 200g nuts, 1 slice of bread, 3 hard boiled eggs or 200g onions. It CANNOT be used for chopping hard foods such as coffee beans, ice cubes, hard spices or chocolate, as these would damage the blades.

I mainly purchased the Kenwood HB724 to blend soups, in the hope that it would be quicker and more convenient than using the liquidiser - and it most definitely is! No more ladling hot soup into the liquidiser, a pint at a time and then having to transfer it to another container while I liquidise the rest. No, I just blended half a pressure cooker full of hot chick pea and vegetable soup directly in the pan, in just a few minutes! Not having used a hand blender before, I hadn't realised that it gets quite firmly "suctioned" to the base of the pan during use! I presume that you should release the button occasionally to make moving it around easier? But one way or another, I still managed to do it first time with great success! LOL. And the washing up was such a doddle too! Because there was no more separate container or messy liquidiser to take apart and wash. All I had to do was eject the Blender shaft and swoosh it out in some warm soapy water and that was that!

I haven't tried the chopper, masher or the whisk yet but I am sure they will perform just as well. And the entire kit seems well made, using good quality materials, so I am hoping it will give years of good, reliable service.

Approximate dimensions:

Main (motor) unit = 16.5cm high
Main blender = 20cm high x 10cm diameter
Big Foot = 20cm high x 10cm diameter
Masher = 15cm high x 10cm diameter
500ml Chopper = 17.5cm high x 14cm diameter
750ml Beaker = 18cm high x 10cm diameter
Cord length = 124cm (49")

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonder product, 24 Jan 2011
N. Phillips "Madnorm2" (Cardiff) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kenwood HB724 Triblade Hand Blender (Kitchen & Home)
It performed far better than I envisaged.
For example -I was very apprehensive about the potato mashing attachment, but it produced a superlative mash in no time at all.
All functions performed to the advertised standard and everything was so simple to set up and use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kenwood triblade, 19 July 2011
This review is from: Kenwood HB724 Triblade Hand Blender (Kitchen & Home)
This is a fab product. It does exactly what it's supposed to. I had to replace my Breville hand blender (it broke down after only working for 1 year) and I decided on this Kenwood Triblade. I researched this hand blender and read all the reviews before buying.
So far it's been faultless.
I use the mini chopper regularly and the masher makes perfect mash in seconds. The pan blender attachment is great and easily removable for washing. I've yet to use the balloon whisk.
This blender has a 700W motor which makes all blending jobs a breeze. Very quick and efficient. The only (minor) gripe is that with so many attachments you do need somewhere to store them.
I would recommend this to anyone looking for an affordable and versatile hand blender.

Kenwood HB724 Triblade Hand Blender

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product!, 8 April 2011
This review is from: Kenwood HB724 Triblade Hand Blender (Kitchen & Home)
I have been through many stick blenders through the years and I have to say this is one of the best I have owned.

Previously to this one I had invested in a Bamix, being convinced by all the glowing reviews that it was a more serious piece of kit. Well, I couldn't get on with it. We have a lot of home made soups and the Bamix never seemed to blend it as smoothly as the previous stick blenders I have had. It's now in a box waiting to be passed on to my Son.

This blends soups beautifully. I have had Kenwood stick blenders before and this is a heavier, sturdier, version than previous models. The whisk works well, though it does recommend it is only used for lighter whisking such as egg whites, cream, and dessert mixes. The processor bowl is a very good size and so far has coped brilliantly with the things I have tried. The Bigfoot attachment is excellent at mashing, and very quick, as it is much bigger than the all purpose wand.

All in all I would highly recommend this kit. I should point out that there is no storage case or wall bracket, which may not suit everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very effective blender, 22 Feb 2011
This review is from: Kenwood HB724 Triblade Hand Blender (Kitchen & Home)
This blender is very effective and versatile. Not only does it blend, chop and so on, but also makes excellent mashed potato. No gloopiness!

1.0 out of 5 stars attachments will no longer fit, 8 Jan 2013
This review is from: Kenwood HB724 Triblade Hand Blender (Kitchen & Home)

Since posting the above I have read through the thread and it is clear that other people have had the exact same problem which appears to be a design flaw that results in a small black rubber grommet becoming detached. I have now carefully checked my unit, located and removed the offending grommet and lo and behold the masher attachment now fits. You need good light and if you have poor eyesight you may not see what the problem is as it is a small black component that gets stuck in the centre of the mounting base and it is not immediately obvious at first sight.

Kenwoood are obviously aware of this problem as their customer services told a previous poster what the problem was immediately when they were told by the customer what had happened. Some design modifications required perhaps Kenwood?

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant piece of kitchen kit, 22 Nov 2011
This review is from: Kenwood HB724 Triblade Hand Blender (Kitchen & Home)
A hand blender is a very useful tool in the kitchen and I have wrecked a few over the years! These have bitten the dust either because they burnt out or some of the attachments and blade broke. I was knocked out by the power of this Kenwood blender. You can use it in the saucepan for soups - and I am a keen soup maker, the mash potato attachment has been a real bonus as you end up with really creamy veg in a flash. Overall it is a bit heavy compared with other hand blenders I have used but I would still give it five stars. The attachments are all robust and well designed. All in all, a very satisfied customer.

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not fix properly, 26 Sep 2012
This review is from: Kenwood HB724 Triblade Hand Blender (Kitchen & Home)
Seems that I am not the only one. Love Kenwood mixers but unfortunately on first use have discovered that the soup attachment does not fix securely to the hand held motor. It just slides straight off. A big mess in my kitchen... am sending it back and will have to research a better one. Sorry Kenwood.

Kenwood HB724 Triblade Hand Blender