5.0 out of 5 stars Great Kettle
Published on 28 Dec 2011 by Freespirit

2.0 out of 5 stars bad taste
Published on 19 May 2011 by sue

2.0 out of 5 stars bad taste, 19 May 2011
This review is from: Russell Hobbs 18257 Heritage Farmhouse Red Kettle (Kitchen & Home)
Hi all, I purchased this kettle in March 2011 and after a dramatic amount of boiling and using Bicarbonate of soda a few times whilst boiling to remove the "New Kettle" taste from the kettle, it still remained with that horrible taste, had to return the kettle (April 2011) and I am now awaiting on a new one being delivered. In all I liked the kettle, I thought it boiled quite fast and had bought the four slice toaster to match and I'm quite satisfied with that, I will up-date my review when I receive my new kettle and fingers crossed it's ok

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Kettle, 28 Dec 2011
Freespirit "bo3ss" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Purchased this after my previous kettle passed away after only 12 months - one too many knocks in our house. Had to go for RED as my son supports Manchester United! Pleasantly surprised when I opened the box. This is a really good looking kettle. Looks very smart in the kitchen. Boils extremely quickly. Has a wide base so almost impossible for older chidlren (in their 20's), clumsy husbands, cats, irish wolfhounds (x 3) and a Clydesdale Horse hanging his head over the kitchen door to knock over. Has a red light on the base so you can see the kettle is working. Good water capacity. really well designed handle which makes it very easy and safe to pour. No spills from the spout, boils quietly and very quickly. Can boil a small amount of water for 2 cups or go for an all out dinner party! Very impressed with this and even the colour looks very classy and very expensive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great kettle, 13 Aug 2011
I've had my kettle a couple of weeks and it looks fab has a large capacity. Really quick and quiet. Great buy I have now bought the toaster to match and it is great too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Russell Hobbs Red Kettle, 10 Jan 2014
This kettle was bought as part of my daughter's Christmas gifts, she absolutely loves it. The colour is beautiful, the shape is trendy, easy to hold and a very stylish piece of kitchen. Would highly recommend this product.
Excellent

5.0 out of 5 stars A new kettle!, 26 Jun 2013
It is just what I wanted! It brightens up my kitchen and it heats up the water quickly every time.

5.0 out of 5 stars russell hobbs farmhouse red kettle, 16 Feb 2013
I was concerned that there might be a plastic taste to the boiled water re other reviews i had read but everything was well and I love the look of the kettle

1.0 out of 5 stars drip and chip, 1 Nov 2011
I have had this kettle for less than 6 months and now have to replace it. The paint around the viewing window has all chipped off and now the water is starting to leak out from around the window all over the work top and the electrified base. I would n't recommend this as a sound value for money purchase.

3.0 out of 5 stars russell hobbs red heritage kettle, 9 Nov 2011
We purchased the kettle on the brand Name ,Colour, Design and reviews. We followed the instructions on how to use it for the first time but after 24hrs use small orange spots appeared on the base inline with the element and name .When we came to wipe the spots off the red paint came off leaving bare metal.We exchanged the ist one and re purchased the same and again the same has occured We did not use any cleaning creams just a damp cloth it seems that the heat of the element when the kettle is in use is to hot for the paint . I did contact Russell Hobbs but they denied any problem in conclusion the kettle looks nice has good capacity heats water well BUT THAT PAINT WORK.

2.0 out of 5 stars Stylish but let down by leaking around the switch, 10 Mar 2012
We've had ours for just 3 weeks, the "new kettle taste" of the water has gone thankfully, however we appear to have water dripping from around the switch area, so will be taking the kettle back to the shop to replace (looking for the receipt and guarantee at this very moment).

Not recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars kettle, 15 Sep 2011
fcowen (uk) - See all my reviews
came very fast and looks well in the kitchen fits in with the present decore very pleased with the product

Russell Hobbs 18257 Heritage Farmhouse Red Kettle