5.0 out of 5 stars Great board to extend the life of your quad-core 775 CPU
I had two identical machines with Intel Q6600 CPUs mounted on boards with DDR2, but I wanted to use DDR3 memory for music production purposes.
I upgraded one PC with one of these boards and made comparisons - the DDR3 PC blew the DDR2 PC away when it came to realtime music production, so i upgraded the second PC too.

These boards have given me another...
Published 20 months ago by Amazon Customer

I needed a replacement mobo after a cat pee disaster.

Unfortunately SKT-775 is a redundant technology so options on a shoe string budget are limited.
I did not want to buy a new system as my Windows 7, Q9550, 4GB RAM, 120GB SSD are all still working fine.

I put my system back together at the weekend and...

1. The CPU and RAM work...
Published 4 months ago by Benny B.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great board to extend the life of your quad-core 775 CPU, 9 Feb 2013
This review is from: Gigabyte GA-G41M-COMBO SKT-775 Motherboard (Rev 2.0) (Accessory)

These boards have given me another couple of years life from my Q6600s, I can run many more VST plugins with these boards than I could with the old boards with otherwise identical hardware.
Socket 775 boards with DDR3 are scarce, but these really do fill that niche!
Also, contrary to some reports I've seen, these will happily run 2x 4GB DDR3 to give a maximum of 8GB. They DON'T take single 8GB sticks though (I know, I tried it!).

4.0 out of 5 stars Bang for your Buck, 10 May 2013
good motherboard for the price, have it running on this gaming machine and it stands up great, be aware this is a small board though. awkward to work on unless you have pixie hands, also forget about using the pci ports if you have a top graphics card, completely obscures the ports, sata cables was abit of a squeeze also. If you dont have a fat GFX card and you are building a capable yet compact system it is ideal. overall.. a worth while purchase

4.0 out of 5 stars Dippy design, 10 Sep 2013
Graphic card/s impinge on SATA leads connected to the base leading edge of the motherboard. Everything else working O.K. But all in-all, BAD design.

4.0 out of 5 stars good motherboard for old 775 chips, 21 May 2014
this mobo lets you use 1600mhz ddr3 ram, which will increase the lifespan of any 775 processors still kicking around. very good board.

the heatsink in the middle for the FSB gets insanely hot though. never ran into problems but something of note.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exellent mobo for the price, 4 Jun 2013
Excellent price for the features of the mobo.
Nothing to dislike because of the ease of use and the immediate dispatch.
Recommend to anyone. A+

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 10 July 2014
David J. Wilson "Dave" (Edinburgh) - See all my reviews
fitted and running well

2.0 out of 5 stars Sorry, this board does not support SSD boot drive. No, no internal spdif connector for HDMI GFX card., 4 Jun 2014
I needed a replacement mobo after a cat pee disaster.

I put my system back together at the weekend and...

1. The CPU and RAM work correctly. Good.

2. The SSD will not boot!
I discover this mobo does not support SSD as boot drive. Apparently the ICH7 southbridge likes drives with platters.
So i found an old platter drive to use as boot drive.

3. When I connected my GFX card I realised the mobo does not have an internal spdif pass through connector.
I had looked up the specs for this mobo on the Gigabyte homepage and I think I must have been looking at Rev 1.4 (which does have an spdif connector) rather than this rev 2.0 board.
I have ordered an "ASUS Xonar DG PCI 5.1 Audio Card" for the spdif to hdmi connector.

4. This mobo does have 4 internal sata connectors. Good.

5. There is a PCIe connector so you can add a USB3 board. Good.

Verdict.
Yes, you can use this mobo to squeeze a few more years out of ageing SKT 775 kit.
On a shoestring, a maintenance purchase only.

But for an additional £100 or so
and less headache!
Upgrade to an i5 bundle .

5.0 out of 5 stars Used for a Intel Dual core Linux server, 28 Jun 2013
Teknetik (London, England) - See all my reviews
Used to build an Intel Core Duo Linux (Debian 7) server. Lots of great features for a SKT-775 mother board. Had no issues with drivers under Debian 7. The faster RAM and SATA options are a big selling point.

3.0 out of 5 stars My CPU is running cool 34/40 but the gigabyte heatsink you cant even touch ..., 23 Aug 2014
I don't know if this board is supposed to get that HOT, My CPU is running cool 34/40 but the gigabyte heatsink you cant even touch it for too long makes me wonder how long it will last, Any ideas what could be done to keep it running cool

5.0 out of 5 stars Gigabyte GA-G41M-COMBO SKT-775 Motherboard (Rev 2.0), 4 Oct 2014
so pleased with this i bought another, as had been said before, great for extending life of 775 chips, we have a few, lol. another review says does not support ssd as boot drive, i bought a crucial m500 240gb ssd and no problems at all