5.0 out of 5 stars Top Topeak Rocket Pump
Topeak's RaceRocket pump is everything you would expect it should be, small and lightweight. Despite being small it is rather quick to inflate a tube, though of course not as quick as a CO2 canister, nor as small or light.
Published 11 months ago by Wolfie

3.0 out of 5 stars Not so good for Presta valves
Published 8 months ago by JayBea

3.0 out of 5 stars Not so good for Presta valves, 4 Nov 2013
JayBea "jb" (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Topeak Race Rocket Master Blaster Pump (Sports)
It is a good looking pump, and has worked will with Schrader valves, and seems to be quite effective at getting up to high pressures, although I have not tested the actual pressure with a gauge. However, I found it difficult with presta valves, which has resulted in the valve becoming unscrewed or breaking off. It might be my pumping technique, but after the pump broke the valves on the original and my spare tube after a puncture, 10 miles from home, I will probably go back to using a dedicated Presta pump.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Topeak Rocket Pump, 1 Sep 2013
The pump is able to inflate both the standard car type valve and the presta types without the need to fiddle too much or any disassembly of the pump.
The pump comes with a good frame mount that holds the pump in place and secured by a rubber ring, though I've only used mine on a roads so it may not have had the most challenging of terrain to deal with.
My favourite part of the pump is how small it is, it was brought to fit into a stempack so it was always with me.

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 10 July 2014
fell apert very quickly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Small but powerful, 16 May 2014
Great pump. Who would have thought something so small would do such a great job! Pumps tyres easily and weighs nothing!

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly pocket-sized and incredibly efficient, 10 April 2014
Mart (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Topeak Race Rocket Master Blaster Pump (Sports)
The Race Rocket is an extremely efficient, robust and attractive - or as attractive as a bicycle pump could be - piece of kit for the bike.

Its diminutive size, at just 190mm long and 93g weight, disguises its efficiency. The top flips open to allow access to the flexible hose which is compatible with both Presta and Schrader valves. The hose end is threaded to enable a secure fit to the valve.

In use I find the flexible hose design - rather than the pump being pushed directly onto the valve - a far more efficient method of inflating the tube. The hose serves to absorb movement during pumping therefore preventing air leaking out, and also avoiding valve/tube damage caused by excessive stress.

I use this for a 700 x 23c tyre where it takes me around 110 pump strokes to achieve a tyre pressure of 100psi. It can be taken a little further, but does become hard work.

This is a true pocket sized pump which I take everywhere I go.

4.0 out of 5 stars RaceRocket is a fine get you home pump, 25 Mar 2014
A. Nicol (Leics, UK) - See all my reviews
This pump is east to use and on my 700x25c tyres I can quickly and with little effort get to 60psi, then with a lot of effort I can just about get to 75psi. This is disappointingly less than the claimed 140psi, but as an easy to carry pump to take with you on your ride it is fine for emergencies.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice compact pump, 21 Aug 2013
This is a neat compact pump. Only slightly tiresome aspect is that the top rattles when you go over uneven road surfaces.

5.0 out of 5 stars Little, Light and Great Pressue, 20 May 2013
Little pump packs a lot of air pressure for those journeys where a portable pump has difficulty to reach more than over 100 PSI. Highly recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars Expensive but very good, 6 July 2012
Mr. James Morrison (Stornoway, Scotland) - See all my reviews
The connector is excellent. For Presta you just need to pull out the head a little longer and lock it with a clockwise turn. There is none of the leaking you normally get with a dual use head. It is compact and has a nice smooth pump action.

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT AND DO NOT BELIEVE POSITIVE REVIEWS, 10 Oct 2013
It is a joke of a product. I am quite a strong guy but I end up with a strained arm or hand or both trying to inflate my tires with this pump. To say that you can inflate to 120psi is a joke. I bet Arnold Schwarzennegger in his heyday could not have inflated my tires to 120psi! Total waste of money and now I have to buy something else....

Topeak Race Rocket Red