• Noel

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 12 December 2010
As a fan of the priests already, the 3rd cd in the collection certainly isn't a disapointment and what a lovely selection of Christmas songs. A must for all priests fans and for those who enjoy listening to Christmas music. Certainly puts you in the Christmas mood!
on 22 December 2013
It is a brilliant christmas album,lovely carols and Shane macgowan dusting with the priests is great.nice to have in the background Christmas day
The songs here are mostly very familiar, at least to British and Irish ears. Sussex carol rarely appears on American Christmas albums but it is a great song and I'm pleased to see it here.

The booklet contains comments from the Priests about each song and some of them reveal things I didn`t know. I like the idea that one of the featured carols may have been sung to celebrate the birth of Bonnie Prince Charlie, though we can never know for sure.

This is a nice easy listening collection of familiar Christmas music that will work well as background music at the relevant time of year.
on 8 December 2013
thankyou a million times over amazon i absolutely love this cd, i absolutely love father kevin from father ted and a cd with priests on singing,what more can i say,i absolutely love their version of little drummer boy with shane McGowan ,i have played it since november
on 11 January 2011
The Priests are as usual professional well blended, and the carols bring the spirit of Christmas into the home. If I have one criticism it is the the individuality of their first album, the ability to hear individual voices and get the pleasure from listen ing to their voices, when solos were sung wasn't there this time. I wondered if after album 1&2 they were reminded that they are Catholic priests governed by an oath of obedience and pastral duties, and not pop stars.
I hope album 4 will return to the formula of past albums.
on 4 February 2011
I like the singing of The Priests and liked their previous two CDs. However, for this CD, in my view, it been rather disappointing. The voices of The Priests have almost been drowned by the instrumental and chorus accompaniment. I cannot understand why the producers could not just allow The Priests to sing without(or with a toned-down) accompaniment and let their lovely voices SHINE THROUGH? Also there did not seem to be much in promoting the individual solo voices of the priests, for I tell you, when each of them sing solo, they are superb! Parts of this CD reminds me of something from a church session of SONGS OF PRAISE during Christmas (where everyone in the congregation seems to want to challenge who can sing the loudest!) rather than promoting the ANGELIC voices of these wonderful priests. The least pleasant part was when Shane MacGown joined the Priests to sing Little Drummer Boy/Peace on Earth.....I certinly did not enjoy that as , in my view, MacGowan's voice did not seem to blend with those of the Priests. I do not mean to be unkind but I wish I hadn't bought this CD now...in fact, I am thinking of throwing mine away or giving it away to a charity shop! I wish for their 4th CD, they will return to the formula of their first CD.
on 12 December 2010
3 fantastic male singers wonderfull voices and great personalities a must for everyone over the festive season a joy to listen to keep it up boys we girls adore you
on 28 August 2011
I took a while to get used to their first offering but that has become a favourite. I haven't got that far with this one yet. The 'songs' don't don't seem to have quite the same punch but I'm sure it will be worth persevering. Worth taking a small risk on I think.
on 26 December 2010
Lovely CD. I ordered it for someone else but, although it was supposedly dispatched on 7 December it didn't arrive with me until 23 December. Can anyone advise why it took 2 weeks to get to me?
on 25 April 2016
I'm glad I bought it. They sing as if they really believe what they are singing, which I like. Because of the material, it is probably not quite as inspirational as their other two CD's though.