5.0 out of 5 stars Blame gm
This essays on his own account of philosophy is a very good read. Read it 3x and it still makes me laugh.
Published 12 months ago by uk

1.0 out of 5 stars Seriously ... Don't buy it
Thankfully I only wasted 80p on this book - I wish I had read the reviews more thoroughly before committing to it.

Published 18 months ago by Matthew Finch

1.0 out of 5 stars Seriously ... Don't buy it, 5 Mar 2013
Matthew Finch "Minch" (Switzerland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Blame Hitchens, Dawkins & Harris--Essays of a New Atheist (Kindle Edition)

In the first few minutes of opening this I see that is is a very teenage and weak attempt at humor, badly reasoned, written in a very informal, personal and loose style - I am horrified to come across Satan being referred to as a "dude" a few pages in. Also I caught something about "god ... Whatever" somewhere - but I can't bear to read any more. Total garbage aimed at titillating valley girls, there is nothing of intellectual value in here whatsoever and I agree this gives atheism a moronic name.

Don't get me wrong, I am a committed atheist but this book/essay is like an extract from a high school students "why god is not cool" diary - plenty of much better books out there and shame on the "author" for trying to notch up interest in this rubbish by using the names of three respectable thinkers and authors in the title.

I want my money back - I won't get it, but I can certainly save you yours.

1.0 out of 5 stars It's got nothing to do with the famous authors in the title..., 4 Jan 2012
Be warned! This book has got nothing to do with the famous authors in the title - they're just there to get your attention.
Although I agree with the author's views in a broad sense, I am afraid that I would have to distance myself
from his expression of them.
His attempt at humour weakens his arguments and makes atheism look foolish. It is an open door to any Christian or other religious apologist to say "here, see what they do? This is the best they can produce. They mock us because they have no rational arguments."
Mocking a religion is unwise. Far better to meet it with sound rational argument.
Also it is difficult to know from his polemic whether he has some basis in truth for all that he says or if he is merely expressing rant. From the context of his other utterances it would be unwise to accept all that he says is truth - thus he has undermined faith in his own speech.
Although he makes some points about contradictions and errors in the bible, these are more than counterbalanced by the harm he does as stated above.
I would save your 79p

3.0 out of 5 stars You can judge this one by its cover..., 4 Feb 2013
OK as far as it goes, but poorly written and not well reasoned. Frankly, I think it does the cause for enlightenment more harm than good. It could certainly have been more considered and reasonable in its approach.

2.0 out of 5 stars A simple atheist's guide to biblical fundamentalism, 26 Feb 2011
PeterG (NE England) - See all my reviews
A short piece comprising topics, each of a few paragraphs, all of which can be read in their entirety in about an hour. Aimed at debunking fundamentalist Christian views the style is informal, trite and lazy. The topics are confined to arguments that are well-known to both atheists and Christians bringing little new to the table. There is virtually nothing to support the use of the symbols of Judaism, Buddhism and Zen on the cover
Whilst disagreeing little with the author's arguments I am disappointed to come to the conclusion that reference to the much deeper thinkers in the title of the book is purely to promote sales.

4.0 out of 5 stars interesting, 8 Mar 2014
An interesting and amusing take on religion vs atheism. I particularly liked the maths examples used, a very clever use of probability.

5.0 out of 5 stars Blame gm, 11 Sep 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Humorous, 21 Aug 2013
Some of the thoughts need more careful consideration before publishing, but overall I thoroughly enjoyed the accessibility of the arguments and 'come backs' style and layout. Thanks!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Itellectual wit, 20 Aug 2013
I rated this book 5 star because of it intellectual and witty style in dealing with a moronic section of society.

3.0 out of 5 stars Some thought provoking idea, 19 May 2013
This was an interesting read, and made some good points. Not quite what I was expecting.
Overall worth checking out ..

5.0 out of 5 stars Essays of a new atheist, 22 Mar 2013
This is an excellent book and essential reading for anyone who has doubts about the various religions and their effect upon the world