5.0 out of 5 stars great quality
Published on 30 Aug. 2011 by charlie wilco

2.0 out of 5 stars Outdoor sensor broken after a year
This worked well initially and the main unit is clear and well-designed. However the outdoor sensor has just failed after just a year of use, rendering the weather station virtually useless. Numerous attempts to change batteries and reset both units have failed to revive it. Not impressed given these units are relatively pricey compared to generic options.
Published 6 months ago by jono_82

5.0 out of 5 stars great quality, 30 Aug. 2011
charlie wilco (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Oregon Scientific BAR808 Solar Weather Station Advanced (Garden & Outdoors)
well, I was lucky enough to find this great weather station at a very good half price and it's definitely worth twice the price I paid for it. I had an old Oregon Scientific weather station that eventually gave up the ghost and so spent some time researching on-line for a decent replacement. tales of poor quality (electric and build), dodgy readings, difficulty in setting up and quickly failing external units on cheaper and more expensive stations put me off everything, bar this at a bargain price. quite simply, it's a quality unit. everything works fine and internal and external units are robust. it was so easy to set up and it really doesn't disappoint.

4.0 out of 5 stars Oregon Scientific BAR808, 24 Oct. 2011
Hello Amazon Buyer,

Who needs a mini weather station you may ask? Us Brits who are obsessed with the weather thats who!

This little wonder will tell you the outside temp/humidity, inside temp/humidity, time and date (auto update), moon phases and a weather prediction for the next 12 hours. Oh also a little ice warning light when temp drops below 3c This come with one external temp monitor but can account for up to 3.

Its a gadget which falls into the following category

"Things i don't really need but want"

Happy shopping

4.0 out of 5 stars Oregon Scientific BAR808 Solar Weather Station Advanced, 26 April 2012
Oregon Scientific BAR808 Solar Weather Station Advanced
Easy to set up and gives all the information promised. The forward forecast is particularly useful and accurate.Indoor readings also spot on.
However the remote sensor must not be positioned: above 5ft (150cm); in direct sunlight; or exposed to 'wet'conditions. Surely the remote sensor should be waterproof so that it can be set away from the house to ensure an accurate air temperature.

4.0 out of 5 stars Solar Weather Station, 28 Jun. 2011
P. Roper (Cornwall) - See all my reviews
Clear and easy to read with the addition of a light. Easy to set up and works perfectly. It resets the temperature every 24 hours. would have been a nice addition to have the time of the minimum and maximum temperatures. Just a personal thought.

2.0 out of 5 stars Outdoor sensor broken after a year, 14 Nov. 2014
jono_82 (London, England) - See all my reviews

1.0 out of 5 stars Sensor stopped working after 4 months, 28 Oct. 2012
This is my second Oregon Scientific weather station (first one was purchased in 2008 and worked well) an am very disappointed that the second unit doesn't work.

I purchased this on Amazon in February 2012. It worked well for three months before the outdoor sensor stopped working. I changed the batteries in both the sensor and the base unit and reset the sensor and was able to get it to work for 2 days before it stopped working again. Only the base unit works now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hard to select one so many different one's, 7 Dec. 2013
I like the look of this, though the first one I had didn't work had to return it, weather it was the station or the sensor I don't know
This one looks good and great that you can connect up to 3 sensors on it.
Don't know how long a batteries last ye, they say no to use re-chargeable, don't know why that is.
Positioning of the sensor is not straight forward, have it in the doorway at moment, but ideally it should be placed north facing, but you can't allow it to get wet or catch the sun. So even on a north facing wall you have to keep it away from the rain.
So I have thought of cutting a clear plastic bottle in half just to keep it dry, this will have to be glued to wall and sealed. .
I have an old thermometer this is wired to a sensor/probe that doesn't get harmed when wet.
Over-all its a nice product

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice device., 14 July 2014
N. Dittes (Luleċ, Sweden) - See all my reviews
Not a bad device. I'm not sure how it calculates the 12 hour weather, but it's mostly right. If it says it might rain, it's not always right but I've never seen it rain when it says it won't (so it errors on the side of caution). I guess you have to give credit for that at least. I like the styling and the display is easy to read. It also feels well made, which surprised me as well since most electronics are so cheaply made.

It's not getting the time for me but that's because I'm more than 1500 km from either the UK or the German time radio towers. I live in the north of Sweden. Not a problem though, because setting the date and time is easy.

So in conclusion, I got a device that reads the temp and humidity in and out and that's exactly what I got so I'm happy with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant Christmas Present, 11 Feb. 2014
My son gave me this for Christmas and I am delighted with it. I live in the far North West of Scotland and you can see the weather coming from miles away but now I don't even need to stick my head out of the door to find out how cold it is!

4.0 out of 5 stars A great unit - but no seconds!, 14 April 2014
Overall this is a really nice weather station, with a easy to read display for temperature, humidity, and weather forecast. I bought this to replace my old BAR668HG unit (for which the remote sensor had failed, and it was cheaper to buy a whole new unit). Interestingly, the outside sensor is communicating with both units - so I've now got two fully functional weather stations.

My only complaint with this unit (and hence the lost star) is that the time doesn't display seconds. Given this is a radio-controlled unit, this is a real pity as it's not possible to know the exact time. Maybe a minor gripe, but lessens the usefulness of the device to me.

Oregon Scientific BAR808 Solar Weather Station Advanced