on 31 December 2014
bought these bulbs 2 years 1 month ago, the pair are still going. I know they say LEDs last longer but in reality they normally fail prematurely - well these ones don't! So glad as to change these I have to remove my bumper!

Colour is white with blue tint, my mechanic/mot tester says they will pass but at the end of the day its down to the opinion of the individual mot tester.

I think the reason they look blue is due to being next to the yellow headlights - I recommend buying Osram cool blue INTENSE (not hyper) these are road legal do not give out a blue tint but a white crisp, slightly brighter light and it softens the colour difference and therefore makes the LEDs appear less blue.

A lot brighter but not dazzling, as another reviewer said gives out a broad range of light at all angles - but where even coverage is needed stick to traditional bulbs.

The amount of cars I see go past with LED bulbs in that are dim or emit a single ray of light is unbelievable, I'm sure they must go past me and fill with jealousy wondering where I got mine from. - In 2 years I've not seen any better and mine are still going where most others last 6 months if your lucky.

I am 100% happy with these, shame i can't find headlights to match these sidelights completely but they bluer you go the duller they get. Fully recommend these bulbs but buy with osram cool blue intense to avoid mot fails or police attention and soften the colour difference.

Ill let the picture do the talking!
review image
on 29 March 2011
Very white - almost blue light - in comparison to standard yellowish lights that you see on most vehicles. They seem a fair bit brighter than my standard 5w bulbs.

I had a bit of trouble getting the contacts to make a good connection, but bending the wires helped. Also, remember that LEDs only work with the current flowing in the correct direction. So if they don't light up, then remove them and reverse their connection/polarity (turn around). It mentions nothing about this issue on the packaging!
on 3 October 2012
Seems quite well made, LEDs around the perimeter as well as on the end means a fairly broad coverage, though I'd be careful using them in a light where even coverage is required.

My only gripe, and it's minor is the colour temperature is much too high to be used next to regular incandescent lamps - I'd bought these as sidelights, and whilst they do the job very well, the difference in colour temperature is noticeable. If these were 'warm white' they'd get 5 stars.

Update: Just failed an MOT on these lights as sidelight - it's a technicality really, the tester perceived these lights to be the 'wrong' colour, so that was enough to fail - I could argue the point I suppose, but the reality is that when seen next to regular halogen lights, they can be seen as blue - next to HIDs or elsewhere on the car (indicators, numberplate) I'm sure they'd be fine.

Moral of the story: watch where you install these, you could fail an MOT on them.
on 28 May 2013
Purchased these after reading reviews on amazon,thought for the price, for two led bulbs,they wouldn't be up too much,how wrong was I,these are very bright,and for the price paid a bargain ,arrived well packaged in bag,and fast free delivery also,i bought these for my Vauxhall Antara 2012,to replace the standard bulbs in the rear number plate light,fitted no problem,just remember that if they don't work first time,to take bulb out,and turn the bulb,and put in other way,and you should be ok,as there is a positive and negative connection on led bulbs,about ten times brighter than the standard Vauxhall Antara number plate bulbs,what a difference,not yellow any more ,bright white light,can highly reccomend them as an upgrade from your current lights,first class seller,excellent service,and fast delivery,dont hesitate,just get these at this price they are a steal!!

UPDATE!!!

Had to return lights as they started flickering on and off,as they are not canbus compatible,but seller refunded money quickly and efficiently,very pleasant seller,and excellent customer service,have now purchased canbus compatible led lights for rear number plate lights on my Vauxhall antara ,and have had no problems since with flickering or going on and off.
on 17 February 2011
I purchased 2 of these to replace the side light bulbs on my scooter. Delivery was very quick & they are much brighter than the standard 501 bulbs whilst using a lot less power. They don't dazzle but they are noticeable to other road users, well worth the money.
on 12 July 2011
Arrived on time and are super bright only problem is that they bring on the canbus error thinking a bulb is blown.
on 6 November 2015
Very good, bright LED/SMD sidelights. I put them in against some Philips WhiteVision Halogen headlamp bulbs on a Toyota Yaris Mk2, which run @6000kelvin, these T10 SMD LED sidelight bulbs are slightly cooler white on the scale, probably somewhere near the 8000kelvin mark - (im no expert though). Much brigther than the Philips WhiteVision T10 halogen bulbs they replaced, and the cooler white is a nice contract against the headlamp bulbs. Very pleased in all for spending under a quid!!!

One thing to note: these are LED bulbs, so they are sensitive to polarity, if you pop them in and they dont work, then take tem out, turn the 180 degrees, and pop them in again and test, should all be fine - I had this problem. All good now though :)

Took 3 weeks to deliver from China, however this was within the expected delivery time-frame, so expectation was met, however the bulbs came loose in a plastic envelope/packet, was a little concerned at first, but hey worked fine in the end.

Will definitely be ordering more of these.
review image review image review image
on 30 April 2013
Working fine (a few months so far)

I bought these LED lights because their low power consumption will drain the battery less when car needs to be parked with sidelights on and will put less load on the alternator while engine is running. OK the difference is very small, but every little helps.
on 4 July 2011
bought these for my 2000 bmw 328i ...dont get me wrong they are bright but the lights flicker and make my bmw dasboard light up saying theres problems with the front lights.........other that that they are ok..
on 26 February 2014
I bought these simply because the 5W T10's on my van emit a very pale yellow light and their throw is very limited. Even as parking lights they're limited in their usefulness.
However after trying these I was disappointed that they emit observably less light than a standard capless bulb. You can see them well as the light is white, but they don't reflect around in the lamp unit as well as the standard ones, they don't throw as well as standard lamps and using a light meter it was apparent that they are roughly 80% as bright as the standard ones.
For that reason I'll put them in a bag with other stuff and chuck them in a cupboard for emergency use and for now, go back to my standard capless bulbs.
**Update I kept one in and it sputtered and died, so I threw the others out.