5.0 out of 5 stars Solar PV Panel guide book
Published on 25 Jun. 2011 by Elvet

1.0 out of 5 stars Extremely Basic
This is my opinion. Not a happy camper. I completed a solar installtion course and just wanted a book to back up my course material.
This book doesn't do this if you are technical person. Nice for bed time reading if you are into that.
Published on 6 May 2011 by Shaun

5.0 out of 5 stars Solar PV Panel guide book, 25 Jun. 2011
Very good book giving the basis of solar panel installations. I used this book to check the various quotations that I recieved from so called experts for a system on my house. After checking the inverter design section I found that one contractor had specified an inverter that wouldn't work and another had undersized the inverter quoted. I also found that there was a great variation in the cost of panel types quoted, with some companies quoting top prices for poor quality chinese panel systems. As a result of using this book I was able to specify my own quality system using top of the range Sharp panels with 2 Sunny boy inverters. This resulted in saving me over £2000 on the system and also, I have not ended up with a cheap and nasty nightmare system sold by a cowboy salesman. This book is invaluable for anybody considering Solar PV panels on their roof.
Welldone to Ryan Mayfield for writing this book.

1.0 out of 5 stars Extremely Basic, 6 May 2011
First it is an American book so wrong for this part of the world. Don't sell it here- Don't advertise it other than in that country.
Has the basic calculations and good general overview of what a solar system is. Good in basic theory but not in practice.
Doesn't do what it says on the cover.
Sorry to say but a spade is a spade.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very informative, 28 Aug. 2011
Best book to be read by any beginners. the calculations are simple, a touch of physics is included to understand, however it is not exhaustive.